Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Stuck/Slime/PB Episode

Alright its past my liquid and mushie stage.... and on to regular food. so...what I learned???? I gotta reteach myself what I can eat and not eat and probally slow down little.

I have PB on almost all thegood I have eatting...except Soup ;p

Salad...chicken breast.. almond nuts... and so on..... they all getting me to PB the last couple days... blahhh

but im at 238-241 right now soooo thats good ;p

A lot of people recommend going on liquids the rest of the day after a pb. I always do that if it's a bad one, where it's stuck for a long time before something happens. I know it gets irritated inside there, which sets up the situation to keep pbing.

I haven't pbed in awhile now because I am chewing everything until it's absolutely liquid in my mouth.

ill give it a try.... doctor said this time he going to go tight... lol guess he did ;p

so far i been eatting little more then half of what I used to eat after first fill... like instead of whole salad, I eat about half and sometimes on Soup also :)

I'm glad im atleast in the 230's (high) instead of hovering around 245 for like 3weeks... cant wait to break 230's :rolleyes:

LOL My next fill is a week before service school. Where we get free meals all week. lol

I am sure I will be super tight and not be able to participate in the free meals. lol

That is fine with me I just want to get below the 340's

Anyone else have the tightness only in the morning/mid afternoon? I throw up nearly everything I've tried to have before noon since my 2nd fill last Monday. (It's been a week now...) Even the Protein shakes come right back up in the morning and NO, I'm NOT pregnant! I have found that after exercising I feel so much better able to eat. I even got sick on cottage cheese this morning. I haven't gone back to my dr. because I'm usually ok by later in the day and capable of eating a really slow dinner...but that makes for a rough afternoon of trying to get down a lot of Water and some Protein. I'm just so happy to get anything that stays in at this point that nutritionally, I'm a mess. I figure it's a combination of eating too fast, not paying attention, and the band doing its job, so I'm hesitant to request my dr. to unfill. I've also learned to have all liquid from any kind of Soup prior to eating the noodles or rice in it to make sure I keep it down.

As far as stuff getting stuck, I've found that I can down a few ounces of Water to wash whatever is stuck right back out. Gross, but it works...just didn't think I'd go through all of this to pay someone to make me bulimic!!!

It's very common to be really tight in the morning and loosen up later in the day.

I usually make watery oatmeal when I am that way. I thin it way down with skim milk. I can't go to the gym on an empty stomach. I have to eat it really slowly and wait a long time in between bites. I have loosened up quite a bit since my fill in Dec. Not enough that I want to get another one though!

It stands for productive burp but really it can be just like throwing up.

Man! let me tell you bagles are a bad thing. lol

I got stuck on a bagel in the coffee shop. Had to wait in line for the bathroom. Man I thought I was going to puke on someone.

Thank goodness I got in on time.

not fun!

I hate to say it, but I've become far less social. I only eat things I know are safe when I'm out in public and I tend to do a lot of eating at home now. (And, of course, I always know where the bathroom is whenever I'm in a restaurant!)

I'm scheduled for a fill tomorrow, but not sure I want one. I can definitely eat more than a cup of food at one time, but still struggle with getting stuck at least 4-5 times a week. Do you think I should go ahead and get a small fill or keep waiting? My dr. usually does 4 week intervals and I've waited 5 or 6 weeks now.....

Are you chewing everything really good?

I find I get stuck when I dont chew as well...except for the pork chop and bagel...they are just no no's

I was banded 12-17-07. My first fill was 2 c.c. on 1-29 and then a 2nd fill of 1 c.c. on March 5th... Which I though the nurse missed the port... :rolleyes2: I have been able to eat without too much trouble. Smaller amounts but the weight loss has been very SLOW... And now all of the sudden... it feels TIGHT! :smile2: I took 3 Advil this morning when I woke up for some shoulder pain... I took one with Water and made sure it went down and then did the same with the other two... I guess I didn't wait long enough between pills... :eek: I was so sick!!! It was about a 15 minute or so episode with pain and to stop trying to throw up and keep them down or get them back up. This was my first problem like this.

Does anyone else find that it takes awhile after a fill to feel the tightness??? I'm afraid to get another fill too after this... I want to lose weight but I don't want to be miserable either with this slimming... I'm hoping I'm just having an unusually bad day...

Teech, how has your weight loss been with your tightness? I'd be afraid to have another feel too... :confused2:

I'm not necessarily feeling much restriction---strange, I know. Maybe I do have it and don't recognize it as such. I can comfortably eat meals. I had yogurt this afternoon with a Weight Watchers Quesidilla (sp?) and had no issues. I have been really careful to watch the Water with and after meals and have found that makes a HUGE difference. I have been watching my Protein intake and not calories as much and have also found that makes a bid difference. Some days are great, others not so great. I think the days when I eat more fiberous veggies are tough. (go figure, huh?) I think I'm going to go ahead and ask for a small fill.

I have to admit, though...aside from the very first fill (with a great PA) I don't know what they've put in my band. The second fill was my dr. himself and he didn't say much. So...fill #3 tomorrow. Not looking for discomfort as it's my birthday next week and I don't want to be in pain or running for an unfill...but we'll see.

Have a great week. :rolleyes2:

I know that my dr discurages liquid meals. He says yougart is a liquid meal. and it goes thru the band too easily. So we are told to eat more solid meals.

oh! Sorry I ment to add. My fills sometimes are not noticible for the first week then bam I have restriction. not always but sometimes.