Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies in February

It's the month of love and our 11th month since being banded.

Let's keep encouraging each other to our anniversaries and beyond!

Juli

Happy February All,

Now that I've come to terms with having carbs in my daily diet, I'm losing weight again. It was hard acceptence, but it had to be done. My next fill in next week Wednesday, 2/6, AM. At this time I hope to be at a restriction that I won't have to include 2 -3 Snacks a day. I just want my 3 meals, fruit, Protein drink and Water. It just so happens my job allows me to have a snack during the mornings and afternoons. Soon, it may not. And we all know there is nothering worse than wanting someting to eat and hungry.

Have anyone included other diet plans along with our new way of eating? Before the band I tried the Michael Thurmond 6 Week Body Makeover. It did work for me for 3 months. Three months is how long I'll stay on a diet and lose the most weight and then plateau out. As I discovered just recently. The Thurmond diet includes 5-6 small meals a day. Each meal consiting of 2oz of Protein, 4oz of veggie and 2oz of carbs. So, with the next fill I'll follow this plan, with the exception of the 3 additional small meals.

Looking for the 1 -2 lbs weekly weight lose we're suppose to have losing weight with the band and proper resriction.

Would like to hear what other diet plan you used and it's results.

Stay on course this weekend. Welcome to February. We can do this we have the tools.

after being frustrated the past week the scale moved down a little not much but it moved!!!!

It's been kind of quiet here. Hope everyone's been doing fine and everything is okay at home and in your life. Still at a reasonable restriction but anxious for Wednesday to get here. I get my next fill which I hope puts me at that "sweet spot". WooWee. And Wednesday, is Ash Wednesday. What are you giving up for Lent, if you observe Lent. I'm giving up meat and eating fish/seafood 3-4 times a week, the other days vegetarian eating. Should lose more weight in addition to my being more restricted. Well, that's to be seen.

Hope to read good news...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f81/has-anyone-taken-up-bicyling-35343/index319.html#post710898 If you want to see a picture of me and Babygirl1234. We met on LBT and this was the first time we got together since we cycled together last summer with a few other LBTers.

I can't believe I'm putting a picture of me with out makeup, wet hair and in a swim suit on the internet. But it's cute, and it's great to have made a real life friend out of an online friend.

Things are going well otherwise.

Oh Juli, the picture is great. I think you look good and Babygirl1234. Glad you and the kids had a great time. Your Water actiities balanced out what you ate at the buffet. Other than the Water slide, just romping around in the water doubled as exercise. And all that walking you did around the park too.

You're a serious bike rider. A 100 mile ride, have you done that before?

Hi Julie

I agree what a great picture. I was really studying your picture I see that your 39 years old. Your skin has really bounced back very good after losing over 100 lbs. Your arms and chin you just look so nice

Thanks gals.

To answer you Gwen, I just started biking last May/June. By Labor Day I did my longest ride which was 56 miles. This year my plan is to be able to ride TOSRV which is two days 100 miles each day. That is in May. We'll see. I know I can do Saturday. Sunday might be too much. But it's my goal.

As for my skin, you're not seeing me lift my arms or my chin in profile. I'm glad I photograph well enough for them to be hidden, but there is plastic surgery in my future. Probably not my face by the entire body needs tightened. That's 2009's project.

You looked great Juli.

I just fill like same crap, different day lately. So I decided that I am going to go back to taekwondo. I haven’t been in a few years and start again tonight. My thinking is that I need to change it up a little with the exercise routine. Mine is getting a little dull. I might even join Curves, if someone there would answer the darn phone.

As for bike riding, my goal is to one day do the RAGBRAI. This one is from the west end of Iowa to the east end. It take like 5 or 6 days. I hope one day to be able to do it.

Well, take care Marchies. 23 days left until the start of our 1 year

bandiversary. I hope to be 170 by then.

Hey Marchies

I'm trying to stay motivated and keep the carb cravings at the end of my day from ruining my success otherwise.

How is everyone doing? Who needs motivation? Who needs encouragement? We are closing in on year since banding and we've got to keep the momentum rolling, no?

Peace.

Today I had another fill. This time .2cc. When I drank the 6oz cup of Water I had a sensation of a bubbling/gurgling feeling as the Water went down. About an 1 1/2 later I had 16oz of Soup. Towards the last few sips, again I felt and heard a gurgling sound as it went down.

When I explaind to the doctor what had happened since the last fill, he said I'm almost there. Then I said something of encouragement, "He hope I don't call him over the weekend about being over filled." That was music to my ears, from him that I'm close to restriction.

The last fill I was able to eat a regular meal. Not wanting to chance it this time I had Soup. It was 2 cups, 16oz. Didn't want to have a PB...experience while this fill is still fresh and sensative. I'll stay on liquid meals, Protein drinks till friday and see what happens. Then go onto soft foods after, then solid foods.

I also noticed he used a different size needle. This one was longer and I still feel where he stuck me. Has anyone taken notice of the size needles used for their fills?

I asked about the bouts of gas I'm experiencing every day (down not up). He said it due to having to chew, chew and chewing the food into small pieces. As air is being swallowed as I'm chewing. Why didn't I think of that, I don't know. It was only happening with regular milk, now something else to pay attention to.

Well, as I'm writing this my stomach is grumbling and feel I could have a little more soup, but I won't. I feel hunger may come about and 1 or 2 from now.

How many days have anyone stay on liquids after a fill, and how many ounces did you consume when you ate?

Well, onto another part of this journey.

Hey Marchies

I'm trying to stay motivated and keep the carb cravings at the end of my day from ruining my success otherwise.

How is everyone doing? Who needs motivation? Who needs encouragement? We are closing in on year since banding and we've got to keep the momentum rolling, no?

Peace.

That's definately me.... i want to lose 10lbs by my birthday but am so frustrated right now the scale is doing the funny up a 1lb down a pound everyday... ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!:) ... im trying to stay off of it but its so hard.... that and the fact ive been craving sweets like crazy.... :eek:

I guess everyone hits rough Patches every so often.... :eek:

Looks like our 1st year is gonna be behind us before we know it!

I have finally broke my plateau. Down 3 lbs. woo-hoo!

Been home with my 6 yr old, he had a fever of 102.5 yesterday, yikes!

We colored, put puzzles together and snuggled today, back to school & work tomorrow.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and happy!