Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is it that husbands ca'nt seem smell their own farts?

Why is it that husbands ca'nt seem smell their own farts? I was going to go watch some tv with him and enjoy the evening .... but no, not going to happen tonight. I all most past out when I walked into the room. I screamed... quick spray some air freshener. Then he gets all offended when I make him get up to do it. By gad... I can even smell it coming down the hall now. I think the older he gets the more he has gas.

Does anyone else have this to deal with?

I think I'm getting a head ache.

I do'nt believe this, he came into the office and ..... I think I'm going to be sick.

:biggrin::eek:

LOL! My husband has the.. uh.. sense to leave the room first when I'm hanging out with him. I don't think it's ever been so bad that opening a window for a couple minutes wouldn't fix it.

It's because they are men...pure and simple!!!

Of course, I think I have daffodils tucked away in my behind...I'm sure dh would disagree.

I will say though...slightly off topic....that since being banded in April...dh burps like it is his job. And generally doesn't even know that he is doing it. Like when we are intimate...he'll burp right in my face and not even recognize that he's done it...

Perhaps that is the case with the farting...they've become so used to it they don't even know that they are doing it anymore...????Not sure!

No one has brought up this point yet, so I will.

MEN fart BECAUSE THEY ENJOY IT. They like the sound, they like the smell and they love it when we (the women) gripe and throw a fit.

My hubby has told me before that he likes to get my feathers ruffled because 2 reasons:

1-he likes to see me pissy because he thinks it is cute

2-he thinks he will get some make-up play (if ya know what i mean)

So, just wanted to bring up these points. I truely believe this is why men do it so much more than women.

My DH is actually pretty considerate about it----thankfully. If he walks around lighting all of my candles, I know!! Otherwise the only time they get lit is by me!

Or we can be driving down the road, all is well, and suddenly at 65mph or so, he rolls the window down---when I freak out, he simply tells me "You'll prefer this!" He is usually right!!!!

Unfortunately I think it has to do with several issues, the biggest of which is simple aging! Our systems change--my gosh to be around my inlaws----sounds like a symphony some times!!!

I have also went to cooking with more fresh vegetables, and more legumes for the health aspect, and it has results!!!

All I can say.....crazycat, is at least he is home farting in front of your TV, rather than out at a bar, or at least he is simply assaulting your sense of smell, as opposed to assaulting you.

Not much comfort to your gagging self----but worth a thought!!!

When it gets REALLY bad--grab a small bit of mentholatum, or Vicks, and rub a teeny tiny bit under your nose, not a big smear--it will mask any odor! I learned this from a SIL who used to work in a nursing home, and have to clean up after residents who failed to make it to the bathroom. If it can mask the real deal, it should work for the gas by products!!!

Kat

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I'm the Farter in my relationship!! My boyfriend and I live together and he gets serenaded by my butt at least a few times a week. He thinks it hilarious. I guess I'm not the most ladylike woman in the world, but we both seem to think it's hilarious. I can fart way louder and longer than him and it drives him crazy that i'm better at than he is.

Well although most men take great pride in farting to irritate us. I have to tell you that there have been studies where it has been proven that women's farts stink more than mens. I have to agree with that study. Only difference, most women, excluding Brandy, of course, are discreet about farting infront of other people including their husbands. he...he...

It's because they are men...pure and simple!!!

Of course, I think I have daffodils tucked away in my behind...I'm sure dh would disagree.

I will say though...slightly off topic....that since being banded in April...dh burps like it is his job. And generally doesn't even know that he is doing it. Like when we are intimate...he'll burp right in my face and not even recognize that he's done it...

Perhaps that is the case with the farting...they've become so used to it they don't even know that they are doing it anymore...????Not sure!

at least it's coming out of his mouth and not his ass.... not that my dh does that either, but ... i guess it couldbe worse.....

My husband tends to fart a lot and these are usually the silent but deadly kind. He comes from a gassy family. After spending a weekend with them I referred to them as the House of Methane. They fell about themselves laughing.

Now that I am old and gassy I am able to exact my revenge. Yep, now I often win at the Green and company Fart Wars. I love the look of shock and awe that I see in my mate's face. I tell him not to be afraid, that they are only love farts.

Green,

That was cute.....

You just gave me an idea of what I can give my husband for his birthday coming up. Love Farts :lol:

Green,

That was cute.....

You just gave me an idea of what I can give my husband for his birthday coming up. Love Farts :lol:

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Love Farts make a cheap yet effective gift, eh. *Frat boy snickers from Green*

Green,

You should get a patten on this....Love Farts in a can.

Then you could sell them at Spensers in the Mall.

Green,

You should get a patten on this....Love Farts in a can.

Then you could sell them at Spensers in the Mall.

Bwahaha! Good idea, grrl. I could harvest them farts from all those travellers suffering from third world revenge, put 'em in aerosol cans, and sell them. They would make for a much more original gift than those sucky stuffed bears.

And a real nice gift for yer boss, too. LOL Surprise him/her at a board (bored) meeting with his own personal luv fart.< /p>