Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Exercise Challenge

GO Texas! Hey nice new picture!!!!!!!!! What a total Hottie!!

Ok no exesise for me i had a huge headache when i woke up...running 5k or lifting weights doesnt normally help it..i feel a lot better now so maybe after worky Jerky today.

Thanks Whosya! I'm experimenting with posting pictures; trying to get the courage (and techical skill) to post before and during pics.

I got in 30 minutes of cardio this morning and hope to get in another 30 and strength training later today.

Crazy Ates February Exercise Challenge

19/20 Cardio Sessions

6/8 Weight Sessions

I LOVE the Virgin Islands!

Ive got a few contacts down there. Ive been to St. Johns, St Martins, St Thomas.

I went to Megans Bay -- beautiful!!

Ok you ladies have got to listern or download the song by Mika called Big Girls are beautiful and let me know what you think...i love it...but i hope it doesnt offend anyone.

Same here. We've been to St. Thomas and St. Johns twice. Love Trunk Bay. Will be going back in October. My only complaint is that it's about time those Brits let go and let us drive on the right side of the road :biggrin:

And to stay on topic. I went to work out last night. Drove into the parking lot and it was packed! There were police cars and an ambulance. It turns out that the gym shares a parking lot with the local ice rink and there was a high school hockey playoff going on involving the local high school which is #1 in the state. There wasn't a spot to be found. So, I missed a workout session opportunity.

Becky, what a wonderful photo! You look beautiful and radiant! Thanks for sharing!!!

Hey Sandy and W. Daddy, glad to see we have so many island aficionados around here! I had no idea -- many people I talk to have no clue as to where the Virgin Islands are.

A minor point I must make (now that you have both said it) is that the island of St. John does not have an "s" on the end. Please don't think I am being pedantic here. If you say St. John"s", we all think you are talking about the island of Antigua, of which St. John's is the capital city, and then you get us all confused. (And trust me guys, we already have plenty of things to confuse us around here :biggrin:!)

As far as the driving, you get used to the steep roads, sharp curves and driving on the left very quickly -- and pretty soon, you are zipping around the island at high speed, just like everyone else.

That said, I always have to remind myself to slow down when I have Stateside visitors in the car, because I know the driving around here looks pretty scary, even though it really isn't................

I got one hour of weight training in today (arms/upper body).

Have a great night everyone!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

22/28 Exercise Sessions

(15 Cardio, 2 Core strength and flexibility, 5 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I did work in another 30 minutes of cardio and my 7th strength training session this afternoon.

I haven't traveled to the Virgin Islands - yet. Maybe we should all come for a visit! We'll all stay at Frangi's house! LOL. I know it must be wonderful and its on my list of places I've got to go. My sister lives in Saint John, New Brunswick Canada and north of there is Saint John's, Newfoundland. They have the same problem with people mistaking one for the other, so much so that travelers often end up in the wrong city. Sis always corrects people in hopes of saving them from the confusion. I personally appreciate the geography lesson. How long have you lived there and is it now your permanent home Frangi?

Hey Sandy, You had good intentions, you tried to workout. That should count for something. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

19/20 Cardio Sessions

7/8 Weight Sessions

Well the 6:30 bedtime unfortunately did not happen. A friend called just as a crawled in bed and I idn't get to sleep for another couple of hours after that. I am hell bent on getting to bed early tonight though. I need some sleep. I have a meeting after school today so I am hoping to get to the gym tonight. The last time we had one of these meetings I did not get out of the building until after 6:30 PM. Since I get here at 5:30AM that makes for a 13 day and makes me not want to go to the gym. They told us that it would not go on that long this time, so I am holding them to it!!! I will be glad when this month is over. This has not been a good month for working out. Next month will be new and different, with a more realistic goal.

Yeah i got a long day...my work day should be over at 4.45pm but i have a drum lesson at 6pm and the place is right next door to my work. No point going all the way home just to come back. so for 1 hour ill be hanging out here doing nothing :biggrin:

I did another hour of cardio this morning and met my cardio goal for February. I just need to get in another weight session by Friday.

Thanks Salsa. I think you've done great this month. 30 hours of exercise in a short month (or any month) is a really challenging goal.

20/20 Cardio Sessions

7/8 Weight Sessions

Glad to see everyone plugging away and still working hard. Good job :smile2::thumbup::tongue2:!!!

I got two more sessions in today -- one hour weight training (legs/lower body) and a one hour step aerobics class.

Okay, now I have to take minute to boast just a little bit :huh2:.......

I leg pressed 240 pounds today and I managed to do six whole sets!!!! 3 sets of 10 with legs apart and 3 sets of 10 with legs together.

Not too bad for a girl -- huh????

Have a wonderful and relaxing evening everyone!

kaos-animal-cat-smiley-6100.gifCrazy Ates February Exercise Challengekaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

24/28 Exercise Sessions

(16 Cardio, 2 Core strength and flexibility, 6 Weight training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico