Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You are not going to bloody believe this... i swallowed a fly today!

so it's my first day back at work, still in a lot of pain, i go for coffee (well i'm having a smoothie) with some work colleagues.... i'm drinking my smoothie INDOORS and this bloody fly goes straight in and down my throat :frown::eek:

I wanted to vomit it back up ... but held back cos iwas with colleagues and i didnt want to vomit with the band.

have been having horrors all afternoon about maggots in my stomach etc.... totally freaking out... trying not to think about it.

my DH says it will be fine, but i am pretty freaked out.

i've swallowed them before when out riding my bike, but i'm nervous cos it's only 2 weeks since i had surgery on my stomach. god i hope it's all healed in there!

all i could think was ... oh god i didnt chew it, and it's not clean. i guess this sounds pretty funny , but i'm a little freaked.

if you think i'm in danger of getting sick, please dont tell me cos i wont sleep a wink tonight!

t

Thistledo

:frog:Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I just spit out my Water as I was reading this :frown:

I hope I didn't wake up my son because I was laughing so hard. I know it's not funny to you, but I needed a good laugh.

I agree with your husband, I think you will be fine. I'm sure it's dead and probably passed right through the band. Try not to think about.

Great, now I'm probably going to have nightmares about maggots, LOL

totally ok georgia girl... my good friend who was with me was killing herself laughing...she was nearly wetting herself!

i am doing ok, still a bit freaked out. i think i'll live! but it could only happen to me couldnt it?

jeez!

glad it made you laugh :frown:

t

Thank you I needed a good laugh this morning.

Sorry about that. You will be ok. their is not open wounds in you stomach just a little swelling and the acid in your body plus the fluids will kill the fly. So dont worry about maggots.

My grandpa used to sleep with his mouth open and he just said it is good Protein. lol.

You will be ok as long as you didnt bust anything laughing as hard as I did. My eyes are still wattering

Such a good way to start the morning....sorry it happened, but man...that was funny!!

I'm sure my kids have swallowed flies (on purpose!!!) over the years and they are still alive. I agree with everyone else, although it's kind of gross I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thanks again, and have a good day.

Just be glad it went through and you didn't have to PB fly.

You'd pretty much have to post a pic of that one.

Okay, this was funny and sorry that it was at your expense. I'm sure that you will be okay, as stated above lots of people have swallowed them and lived to tell the story. I'm sure he's ( the fly) just as pissed as you are. LOL

you guys are the best! i feel much better now and am even giggling about it :tongue:

i was a little freaked out yesterday and last night, but i'm figuring by now mr fly is probably on his way out the other end :biggrin:

and it's 7am here and i'm still alive ... i survived the night :lol:

t

OMG, I was ok right up to the post where Wheetsin said to be grateful that you didn't have to PB the fly....What an image!!! I nearly choked on my sunflower seeds!

~wonders how many grams of Protein are in a fly?~

PB the fly???? EEEWWWWW. I haven't laughed today either. Thanks for the entertainment. I have to add here though..... The ONLY A+ I ever got on an English paper in college was one I wrote about finding flies in my taco from Taco Bell. They were in the meat, and I'd already eaten half of it. I was so upset. It was all I could write about that evening. Damned if I didn't get an A+ on it. I guess my professor was laughing as much as everyone else on here. Extra points for entertainment.....

You know you could swallow a spider to catch the fly. It might wiggle and jiggle and tickle inside ya.

But then there would be the bird, cat, dog, goat, cow and horse --of course.