Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll for self-payers

I actually paid cash. But first I charged it on my Airtran Visa (then paid it when the statement came in). I earned enough to fly round trip back to my doctor for a fill just by charging the surgery.

I did the same as TarHeelLuv. Charged it to my frequent flyer card then immediately paid it off with the profits from a recent house sale. Had originally planned on using the profits from the house to pay of DH's student loan which was at 3.9%, $130/mo & tax deductible, but decided to pay for the surgery instead. Now whenever I refer to the loan as my husband's student loan he is quick to correct me and say it is my lapband loan. lol

I did care credit (easy) and then paid for it with savings after I saw the first payment (I hate paying interest.

Best $$$ I have ever spent.

I actually cashed out an old 401K that wasn't doing much. I refused to go into debt again. Debt was one of my food triggers. Just the stress of it. to each their own.

I got a loan from my bank. I guess it's like a credit card, so that's what I voted. I applied with surgeryloans.com and they turned out to be the biggest assholes I have ever dealt with. I have decent credit, excellent income, and can easily make extra payments. They asked for near everything except my arm and leg and treated me like I was some kind of high-risk, or some crap. They requested proof of my hubby's income, too, even though I didn't want him on the loan because his credit sucks. I provided it and then they wanted all his info to include him on the loan. I told them to forget it and just send my stuff back. That was in November....still waiting for my ORIGINALS to be sent back that they swore they would return. Interesting that while all that was going on, I walked into my bank and got a $15,000 loan on the spot without half the headaches that Surgery Loans put me through. Make sure you shop around.

Mine was a little of this and a little of that. Part came out of savings, some I borrowed from a relative and then finally I charged a small portion of it. Now if I can only come up with more so my husband can have the surgery.

My Mom and Dad love me very much!! They paid for the entire surgery upfront then I will be giving them half back from my personal line of credit.

Like steph_co, I did not have a very good experience with SurgeryLoans.com. The highest amount that they could give me didn't cover the entire cost of surgery and the best interest rate was only slightly lower than my highest credit card interest rate. Granted, I only have OK credit, but I was able to easily get an increase on a credit card in seconds. They also wanted my husband on the loan (which I didn't want) as well was four references for each of us, including family members. Since I am not telling my family or most of my friends about the surgery, that was not an option for me. When I thanked the rep for his time and asked him to just cancel everything, he got rude.

I had to work for it. I sell real estate...so I had to sell a house, and dedicate my fees to surgery. I actually sold my neighbors ranch along with the cattle. This was a large sale so I will have a little extra cash I will save for my ps. I also had a back up plan (plan B) I won $22,000. from a jackpot at a gamming club in RENO. I had put the money away a couple of years ago while I was deciding to have surgery.

Some from Home Equity deal for other real estate purchase,

some from "bill budget",

some from capital one healthcare... through the doc office=zero interest for 3 years if paid off... if not paid in time, they add ALL interest of 19.99% for total amount borrowed, not what is left to pay.. It should be paid ff -if not I'll get a small loan and pay little short term interest instead of interest for all!