Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery Terms for Weight Loss Patients

I am also a lapband patient and now work for a few plastic surgeons in Mexico. They are wonderful! I was banded 8/2004 and 8/2005 had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift/aug. My results are awesome. If any other bandsters want info on the doctors I work for please email me.

Jessica

jessesp9@comcast.net

By the way I schedule lower body lifts all the time for lap band patients. The two doctors I work for in Mexico charge between 6,000 to 8,000 dollars. The results are awesome. It is really like having a Tummy Tuck, inner thigh lift and butt lift with Lipo also. I have a lot of before and after pictures. email me if you are interested in seeing them.

Thanks, Jessica

jessesp9@comcast.net

This girl I know had everything done insurance coverage you have to document rashes,infections,chaffing, smell, etc and if they they deny you can appeal she got her arms, legs, breasts, and stomach done and I know she didn't pay a dime. its all in how things are submitted to insurance wording wise and who your doctor is.

I contacted a surgeon who does the whole body lift at one time. It costs about $50-65000 and your BMI has to be below 30 to get it done in one operation.
I would be really curious as to how much something like this would cost. It seems like a major surgery. If any body has any idea as to how much and how long you would be down from this I would love any info. Thanks.:confused:

anyone from New Jersey that could recommend a top notch plastic surgeon in the NY/NJ area, for Lipo, breast lift and possibly a Tummy Tuck? and how much do they cost? Insurance ( I have Aetna) pay for any of it?

Hello, I would like to know who you work with and where and any pictures would be wonderful and prices I have been banded since nov of 2004 136 lbs lost and 10 to go I have went here and talked to a surgon and I need a breast lift and augmentation and a Tummy Tuck I would even consider the whole body lift if it was possible as my legs sag a little and I would love my butt lifted any info I can get would be great thanks Kathy

Pati-o,

They will pay if you call it scar revision? I am trying to get my ins to pay for a Tummy Tuck but they said no. However, I have had 2 c-sections before. I have lost over 110 lbs in 9 months and now I need some tucking done.

Hi can anyone recommend a surgeon for a brachioplasty? My arms have always been larger than anything else on my body. Now that I have lost 80lbs in 2 years my arms keep waving long after I have quit. This surgery is not done that often. Al the surgeons I found on the internet were not experienced in this. Thanks for any help. I live in Louisiana.

I have have not yet been banded. I'm getting banded on 12/15. Over the past 6 months I have lost 20 lbs and I have 70 to go. I'm 24 yrs old. And Im curious to know if I'm going to have excess skin that will need to be removed after I lose the weight? I know there is no way of forecasting of whether or not this will be an issue... however I would be interested to hear from people with similar stats on whether or not excess skin was an issue after weight loss.

What about having (and I am sorry for this visual) excess body fat removed from the genitalia area. I hate to say this, but I am actually afraid of my outer skin/folds sagging. I don't want it to look like a soggy biscuit. I saw the similar surgery done on Doctor 90210, but here we are in the real world and I want to know if any of you have heard of this.

What about having (and I am sorry for this visual) excess body fat removed from the genitalia area. I hate to say this, but I am actually afraid of my outer skin/folds sagging. I don't want it to look like a soggy biscuit. I saw the similar surgery done on Doctor 90210, but here we are in the real world and I want to know if any of you have heard of this.

I am a guy, but us men can have similar issues. I have been contemplating PS in a year or so, so I have been doing some reading. There is a procedure I beilieve is called Mons revision or something to that effect. Sometimes, doctors will do it at the same time they do a TT. Hope that helps.

I have a million skin tags from being fat...can they be removed through plastic surgery or through a dermatologist? Maybe if I have a TT, they will take them off for free....HA! I doubt it!