Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jose Rodriguez - info request

Hi I am Queenie I am eventually going to have lapband. Can you tell me how much dr cost and what is included. Thanks for any help

I have been reading alot of posts some are nice and informative, but oh boy! you get some people that want to crucify you for asking or for not choosing their doctor,anyways I have heard many good things about 3 doctors I want my surgery done sometime in april.

I have been working with Jessica and am schedualed for 2-22 I appreciate any cmments from all of you .... thanks ..

Now that you have had the surgery with Dr. Rod..are you pleased..I am seriously considering the lap band next month and am trying to feel good about traveling to Mexico..and did you need a passport? Thanks...

I got home last night(Sunday) and am really happy about the whole procedure The docs and all the team were very nice attentive and knew what to do ... I am not in pain at all just a bit sore at the port site... I would recomend this to any one !! I am glad I am on this end of it now !! if you want you can e mail at any time ,,, Kathy

I am scheduled for surgery in Tiajuana 2/14 or 2/17 and was told I would have Dr Lopez. I did some research on this site and saw mixed feedback. The other doctor I saw mentioned is Dr Rodriguez. Does anyone have feedback on how to choose between the two.

I chose Belite over another group in Monterrey because of the number of surgeries performed. I assumed that more experience was the reason for the higher price. Also it was more expensive to travel to Monterrey even though the procedure was $900 less there.

I haven't paid my deposit yet so if anyone used Monterrey and really loved it let me know.

Copper

hey everyone I was banded on 02/14/08 by dr rod in juarez LOVE HIM THE STAFF AND THE HOSPITAL! everything about the experience was great! I have detailed pix from the hotel in el paso to the beautiful hospital n staff - pm me if u want me to give u the link! by far one of the best decisions I have ever made was going with dr rod!!

I was banded on the 2/22/08 in Juarez also I think it was a good choice and would recommend to any one to go there.... I stayed in the hospital 2 nights and felt very comfortable there ..... I also used Belight.....

In fact if it werent for the surgical sites and a bit of soreness at the port I would wonder if this was real I know that will change when I get a fill , but I really feel great ...

:rolleyes2:

I had started with belite (Joanne) and did not find her to be very knowledgable. They were nice but I did not have confidence in the service after phone conversations. I am going to have to go another direction.

I had the procedure done feb 1st 2008... My surgeon was Dr Rod, and Jessica was my contact through Belight Weight... I flew in on friday & had the procedure done that same day... It went well, but they discovered that I had a hietal hernia and repaired it during the procedure... I was expecting to get an additional Bill for the extra time that Dr Rod had to spend repairing the hernia... also I am a heart patient, and have had full blown bypass surgery in 2004, the surgeon took extra time, plus they kept me in the hospital 3 full days as a result, so I expected my procedure to cost more, but it did NOT.... The staff took all the extra precautions & I came through the procedure smelling like a rose... I weighed #310 on feb 1st, and now march 19 I weigh #278, and havent even had the band filled yet... The staff was nice, and yes there is a language issue that is frusterating, but (who cares) it's their language... I am very happy with Belight weight, Jessica, Dr Rod, and the entire staff @ Hospital Angeles... Also, I wanted to say this---- the hospital is super clean, and the whole place sparkles inside & out... I snooped around a bit while I was there and I can say that the high end equipment, like cat-scan machine & x-ray machines are full blown state of the art!!!! Everything in this place is spot-less, and clean, un-like the hospital in Tx where I had heart surgery done....

Oh yeah, I also wanted to say that after returning home, I immediatly went to see my PCP. and he looked at the X-RAYS, and incesions, and said this was the best looking one of these procedures he has ever seen... and so now, my own PCP, (here in Sherman TX) is making referals to Dr.Rod... It cost me $7500.00 for Dr.Rod... and Dr.Ceranno here in Sherman Tx quoted me $19000.00 and also stated that it could cost more if there were complications... I want to sum it up like this;~~ IF DR.ROD WAS THE SAME PRICE AS THE DOCTORS HERE IN THE US., I WOULD STILL FLY DOWN TO MEXICO & LET DR.ROD DO IT!!! Look at the number of sucessfull procedures he has done, and NEVER had a mortality under his watch, find me another lapband surgeon with numbers like that...

Thanks so much for your reply...I am anxiously waiting to leave next week..I will sleep well tonight..

May I ask you a couple questions. Is there a phone in the room that I can use to get in and outgoing US calls..or do I need a phone card? Not sure if my cell will work? Did you notice a safe to keep personal items? Does the TV show American stations? Will er get bottled Water? Anthign you can tell me will be helpful and I am again so thrilled for you and would love to keep in touch..my direct email is: brenda_t@sprynet.com

Thanks so much...Brenda

:redface:Hi all I am interested in hearing from those who were banded in Acuna and Juarez...and wondering why you chose your paticular hospital? I am scheduled to be banded on June 6th in Juarez, by Dr. Jose Rod. I like the fact that it's newer but just wondering what everyone elses experience was at Acuna..and about driving..we are talking about driving down...anyone have any info on that and how hard it was to find and crossing the border and taxies. I am not going through any facilitator..am speaking directly to the Dr.'s office so I was just wondering if anyone had any info. Thanks

Kelly

I was banded by Dr. Rod in Juarez. I was treated like a queen!!! THe hospital is amazing! You will not go wrong with this doc!!! I scheduled w/ Belite (Jessica) and she was absolutely wonderful!!! I can't vouch for Acuna or driving there....i flew then had their driver take me back and forth from the airport. No problems!!! If you want more specifics PM me...be glad to tell ya anything! Oh and I had my first fill today and my US fill doc was just going on and on about how good of a job my doc did. She had no problems finding my port or anything....

I was banded by him- never had a fill as I didnt need it. I had complications and had to be hospitalized, we called and called and called and finally heard back from barbara who would get him to call. After first hosiptal visit we go back for him to check out- up to now I am still in love and thinking he is the best- then I get hospitalized again for complete restriction. I call and call and finally hear from him when I am completely freaking out as I cant stop the vomitting and spasms, etc. Then he tells me it sounds like a slip, I go to the nearest ER and YEP its a slip. So we call him and ask what now and he explains it will be about another 8k to fix it/remove it. He then tells m:thumbs_down:e I couldnt tolerate it- hello where did we read in the complications "tolerate". I didnt have the time to get to acuna to get it out so I went to another ER w/bariatric specilist and they said it had to be removed. No one discussed a repair or anything like that! No one ever called to check on me or even what happened? It made me sad because I had hear so many good things and I happened to be that 1% complication and just as What if you are that other percent for this year? What will they do? Do you have a Dr in your area who will help you? Get all your ducks in a row before you go far away.

I really thought I made a good decision and well Iwish I wouldnt have been so rushed. :confused_smile: