Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Jose Rodriguez - info request

hi queenie!

my surgery total was $8000 for the allergan band but the johnson & johnson band is $7,250 i was told the allergan is a higher pressured band so you may need less fills then the johnson&johnson...joanne was my patient facilitator also and she herself has the allergan band and had given me very positive feedback about that specific band! the $8000 includes all xrays...the band..the anesthsia.. everything you can imagine comes with the surgery there are no hidden costs at all...the only thing is you have to fly or drive yourself there! but i assure you i had a great experience with dr. rod and the belite team!

I had my surgery with Dr. Rod thru BeLiteWeight. I was supported throughout the entire process and was very happy with the whole experience.

When I saw the "ad" for testimonials, I responded because I thought I might like to work with Belite as a facilitator. Imagine my surprise to find out that a Medical Tourism company was trying to start a business and trying to get me to give a testimonial to them?? They did nothing for me so why would I provide a testimonial for them?

I would gladly give my testimonial for free...to the "wonderful" CEO of Belite, who personally helped me through my journey.

I was one of the first groups of patients to come to the beautiful new Juarez facility and the Belite Team were there in force to help us all through. I value their experience and help! They stayed day and night to be sure all went smoothly.

It seems a shame to try to pull pepole down when they are helping others. Belite may be a "business", but they really do care about me and my well being. I have heard from them several times since my surgery by phone and email. They also hired a US trained dietitian to help patients post op with their diet.

You can be sure I never hear consistently from any of my U.S. Doctors after leaving the hospital or office. How many surgeons are calling you to see how you're doing??

We go to Mexico to have surgery and expect the services there to surpass those of the U.S. The services in Mexico were good, the facilities were beautiful, the Doctors and all very important staff members were very nice and helpful, and all spoke English. Do I wish that all the nurses spoke English too? Sure would be nice, but I knew I was going to a different country and expected there to be some language barrier. If the nurses didn't understand me, or vice versa, they made sure to get someone who could interpret. Everyone was very caring and attentive.

So...Belite, if you are reading this, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING, and please use my testimonial. I'm doing well and losing weight steadily...life is looking good!!

I am going to Juarez Mexico on Thursday and having surgery Friday with Dr. Jose Rodriguez. My facilitator is Jessica with Belite and she has been great and very informative through the entire process. I am so excited and can't wait to start my new life. Wish me luck and send a few prayer up for me please.

thanks so much for your information and words of encouragement! Its good to hear such positive things about BeLiteWeight and Joanne. I e-mailed her two hours ago (in the evening) and she got back to me right away. I have heard the hospital Angeles is like staying at a five star resort. I am looking forward to starting my new life, too.

take care!!!

I will be there three weeks after you. Joanne is my facilitator and I have had nothing but positive things to say abou ther. I am happy to use BeLiteWeight. The price is reasonable and its good to have the contact of someone who has been through it and can tell you what to expect.

Good luck to you and my prayers are with you.

thx, Loyoyo

thanks so much for your great recommendation for Dr. Rod. I have heard so much good about him. Take care

I went with Belite and had a great experience. The hospital In Juarez is great and so was ll the staff? Are you going to the Juarez facility? Of course Dr. Rod does your surgery..I don't get why people make up stuff to discredit others. You will do well..I didn't meet Barbara so I have no comment one way or the other

I went with Belite and had a great experience. The hospital In Juarez is great and so was ll the staff? Are you going to the Juarez facility? Of course Dr. Rod does your surgery..I don't get why people make up stuff to discredit others. You will do well..I didn't meet Barbara so I have no comment one way or the other

Not only was Dr. Rod great but there was a Dr. Calderon who was very helpful, a dietitan who was trained in the US "Lupita" and office staff at belite who always answered my calls and handled all of the accomodations. They send me follow up emails and called me post op. :)

Joanne is my facilitator and I have had nothing but positive things to say abou ther. I am happy to use BeLiteWeight.

I'm happy you had a good experience with them. I personally would never use them. Joanne is the owner and CEO. She would be the one to look to as the buck stops with her. Why doesn't she tell her patients that they are NOT patients of the surgeon, but in fact they are patients of the hospital and the hospital ultimately picks the surgeon. If someone is fine with that good, but everyone has the right to know!

I am a patient of the surgeon, Jose Rodriguez. I won't be put with any other doctor. Joanne is not a doctor, she doesn't have patients. It would be nice if there were some more specifics posted here instead of vague generalities of what is perceived as inferior quality service. Do you have a person any of us can talk to who has had this bad experience, or is this just a negative vibe you have in general about these folks?

Anyway, there has been lots of firsthand posts of wonderful service, and I think that it is good that people who have had that good experience say something about it.

My name is Carlos Zavala, I am the Director of the Bariatric Surgical Program at Grupo Angeles Hospitals in Tijuana MX, and Cd. Juarez MX.

I have been informed that there were statements on this forum concerning our surgeons at the hospitals in both Tijuana and Cd. Juarez, that apparently our Bariatric Program switches surgeons

without informing the patient ahead of time. This is both untrue, insulting and libelous. We will ask that the party making these false claims cease and desist immediately, so that we will not be forced to pursue legal means.

Please be assured that we have worked with BeLiteWeight for nearly a year, and have not only deep respect for them but look forward to a long and happy relationship. The quality of care they provide to the patients is evidenced by the patients comments and emails we receive, and the amount of referrals show their high level of professionalism.

Sincerely,

Carlos Zavala

Director Bariatric Surgical Program

Hospital Angeles

011526646351900 Ext. 2010

czavala@saludangeles.com

My name is Carlos Zavala, I am the Director of the Bariatric Surgical Program at Grupo Angeles Hospitals in Tijuana MX, and Cd. Juarez MX.

I have been informed that there were statements on this forum concerning our surgeons at the hospitals in both Tijuana and Cd. Juarez, that apparently our Bariatric Program switches surgeons

without informing the patient ahead of time. This is both untrue, insulting and libelous. We will ask that the party making these false claims cease and desist immediately, so that we will not be forced to pursue legal means.

Please be assured that we have worked with BeLiteWeight for nearly a year, and have not only deep respect for them but look forward to a long and happy relationship. The quality of care they provide to the patients is evidenced by the patients comments and emails we receive, and the amount of referrals show their high level of professionalism.

Sincerely,

Carlos Zavala

Director Bariatric Surgical Program

Hospital Angeles

011526646351900 Ext. 2010

czavala@saludangeles.com

You have made my point perfectly! Belite is a referral company for YOU and not the surgeons! Belite DOES offer services of surgeons that they can not nor have authority to deliver!

By your posting here, I suspect that the "patient comments" you are referring to may be the postings of belite staff!

In order to pursue legal against someone for making libelous statements, the statement must be a lie and NOT the truth!