Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow Buffalo Bandsters & want-a-bees...... I wanted to let you know I go to weigh in tomorrow after 7 weeks Post-Op and I'm really excited since i know I'm down a hugh amount.... I take my measurements Friday 2/8 after one month and I can already tell in my belly, hips and arms I've got major inches gone!! I know some times the scale is not friendly or kind to me during my weight loss but just in my clothes and the way I look it's fat gone forever. I'll post Wed. what I find out after my appointment with Dr. Hoffman and if I decided on my first fill or not. Since I know I can eat more than what I have since being banded.... I still make really great choices in food with very little to no carbs at most meals....... I mean I really feel wonderful. No binges, no over stuffing myself, no hunger I can't control, best of all no depriving feeling of any kind....... It's truly a stunner for me to be living so good with-out my best friend junky crappy FOODs..... I feel freed......

Dr. Hoffman - I feel really strongly about his ability to provide the BEST care and surgical performance of the Lap Band. He is the only surgeon that I've spoke to that has so much passion and trust in this device that I know I've made the right choice for me in getting the band. My PCP was really against RNY or most of the other WLS except the band due to so many problems and risks....... If you know you can dedicate yourself to a life stye change of eating and want to lose the weight your going to with the band...... I lost so much weight in the past to only gain it back faster with-out this life saving ring of hope (the band) it's amazing how it helps you feel fuller longer on smaller amounts of food... The right foods stay with you and make you content and OMG feel so much better. My thinking process, my moods, my periods and my over all function is so much better I almost can't believe it and how fast it's taken over since surgery 7 weeks a go today!! I have three woman in my department already asking me all about the band and want to see about having it placed........ (o: My family is so supportive and know I've done the right thing to help quide me to the life I've always wanted since grade school. I've been big all my life and know I finally have so much trust in my doctor and my band that I'm goig to make it to goal and stay there for the rest of my life........ I'm truly the happest bandster alive!!!

I'm back.... They called me and asked if I could come in early.... Guess what I said Yesssss...... Look I'm down 35 lbs. That's 8 weeks and I'm down 35 whole fat pounds......... That's a little over 17 a month!! Dr. Hoffman was so proud of me. We both agreed I didn't need a fill since I'm doing so well and I still have some restriction. I'm happy with that and I see him again in 4 weeks!! I don't know what all the pre-testing is but I did have to have a Psycho, Blood work, chest/Breathing, sleep study, and some counseling from the WL group at BGH. What you need to do is Contact Lisa his secretary @ 716 859-4024 and talk with her. If you go to the main line it will take you forever to get an appointment and all your paperwork together. I find the main hub is really not all that helpful for new patients..... Get the ball rolling and call Lisa ASAP..... You won't be sorry. Let me know if I can be of any help!!

I also found out that Dr. Forbes has only done under 50 lap band surgeries she really is all out for RNY. Dr. Hoffman has done over 450 to 475 lap band. Hmm you do the math.......

P.S. He also asked me to help in organize a support grou for his only patients. We would meet at Delware Park once a month!! Fun

I really think you should be proud of yourself. You are doing AMAZING!! Good for you. Also thank you for all the helpful info.

Your very welcome...... and thank you, It's funny but every time I go in to see the doctor he always asks me if I would meet one of his new patients and talk to them about my band... Gee me being shy (Not) I always tell him yes.... I always lift my shirt to let them see and feel my port, check out my other incision marks from the surgery. He laughs every time i do it..... I mean you can't see anything private just my tummy. Really it's good that others know what to see and expect it all to be like, how big, Small, shape, under the skin, etc..... Sometimes the location. It all helps to calm a persons fears or concerns....... I heard that the one man who was there 12/26 that I talked to and showed had his surgery and has since lost 25 pounds post-op........ I was so happy to hear this news. He had about 85-90 lbs to lose.... All in his what they call beer belly area.... I guess he's been so good that they dropped some of his meds already....... BRUBEAR - if you need any help or support please don't wait just let me know what I can do for you. I'm here if you need me in any way!! The more support the better the results........ Bandster Buddies in Buffalo

P.S. and please avoid all the spelling errors I'm making.... Yikes

So I'm trying to make a decision whether to look at Strong in Rochester or Buffalo as I persue the lap band. Did anyone look at Strong and make a decision to go to Buffalo or was everyone set on Buffalo?

I don't know the amount... I know he has many more under his belt. I can say that both Posner and Forbes are some what anti Lap-Band... They will try their hardest to get RNY into the patients head.......Because the weight comes off faster & less work for them.... In MOA I would stick with Dr. Hoffman, Lap Band is why they brought him into the clinic as a new doctor (Hoffman is 100% for Lap Band) I would call Lisa @ 859-4024 and see him right away........ He is the best.....

I just called and they told me he's (Posner) been doing this for 5 years and does about 3 a week (Lap Band)... That's 52 weeks X 5 = 156 plus or take with other issues........ They could not give me a ball park number....But you need to feel confortable with who you choose to do your surgery. Hoffamn was hired to perform Lap-band as his main surgery the other two are out to perform RNY.

Dr. Hoffman is starting for his Lap-Band patients a support group to meet once a month in Delaware Park on Sat. mornings once the weather breaks. He wants to follow his patients and for us to get support and encouragement from each other. I think it's a great Idea and I told him I would help him get it started if he needs me.......

I posted 52 X 5 = 156 it's 52 X 3 = 156....LOL

All in all Dr. Hoffman went to training in NY Long Island Jewish to train for Lap-Band for a couple of years and has returned to Buffalo in Late Aug. to perform this Surgery for Buffalo General. I went to the seminar in Oct. and he was Newly interduced as there new Lap-Band doctor....... The whole time they talked (Posner/Forbes) it was all about RNY and then down played Lap-Band as if it was the step child.

I think a support group is very important. Its nice to talk with someone who is going through the same things you are.

It also kind of bothers me that a doctor would downplay the band, considering that it is better to lose the weight slowly and safely. I would like to keep my anatomy intact. I actually went through the process with Dr. Caruana for rny, and was approved by my insurance company even had a surgery date. I started looking into the Lap band and have decided that this is my best choice. I have researched rny and lap band and feel it is the individuals choice. Who knows you better then yourself. I feel it should not be entirely the doctors choice.

Yes, I believe so also...... Sometimes you get good information, advice or just that push you need to get through a day, wek or just a meal!! LOL

So where in the process are you now?? Just looking, PCP Okayed you and looking for doctor etc...?? How much are you looking at losing???

Paperwork has been in for about 3 weeks , still waiting for the call for the seminar. I left a message to see where I stand, but the message says they call back on fridays. I think Dr. Hoffman is the doctor for me. I really like the great results you have had. I need to lose about 120 pounds give or take, lol.