Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HI I am from south of buffalo and i am new to this site as well as I am just strating my journey by continuing my research on what is best for me- and finding a good doctor- if anyone is from the area and can give me some suggestions that would be great- thanks and nice to meet you all

Hi! I am from the Buffalo area too. I am seeing Dr. Forbes from Buffalo General. There is a group of doctors there. I hope this helps. Welcome!

Chilly

Hey!!! From Dunkirk Ny (just south of Buffalo) and had procedure December 12th. I decided to go with Erie, PA since its just as close to me as Buffalo. Hamot Med. Center is outstanding!!!!! If you're interested... vistit wwww.mylapsurgeon.com to see my docs site. I highly recommend them!!!!

I am just starting my journey. I am going to be banded in early March. I go back to see the doctor on Feb. 7th and then the surgery will be scheduled. I like Dr. Forbes and the group that is there. They will let you pick the doctor that you would like to see.

Have you been to the seminar yet?

Chilly

HI thanks, congrat son your journey-

I have not been to seminar yet- I am still pondering on if i want to go to dr caurna or dr posner and if i want lap or gastric etc.

If you have any info fill me.

thanks

Hi lovingheart...

I would say to go to a seminar and that will give you more information. I don't know Dr. Caurna sorry. You also need to check with your insurance to see who does the surgery.

Remember before you can go to the seminar you have to at least turn your paperwork in and they will call you. Just because you were called and going to the seminar doesn't mean that you have to have the surgery done. Just go and listen to them talk. That is going to help you make your mind up.

Chilly

Hi, I am from Buffalo and have seen Dr. Caruana. He is wonderful, however at this time I was told that he does not do Lap band.

How long did it take to get an appointment with Dr forbes? I sent in my paperwork 3 weeks ago, and still have not heard anything. Any suggestions

Hello all I'm from Buffalo as well and I can tell you from my research and experience that the Group at Buffalo General is the best of Buffalo for

Laparoscopic surgery, they have a new doctor who has joined Dr. Posner’s group (Dr. Hoffman) who is a surgeon at my hospital as well. He is the best of Buffalo. He has come back to Buffalo after training at Long Island Jewish for the Lap Band since Sept.07. from my long homework and checking with a field of many doctors in Buffalo he’s the man you want!! Posner & Forbes really don’t believe that strongly in the Lap-Band and Hoffman feels that this is the best WLS to have to help in a life long battle with weight issues…..He also specializes in gastrointestinal diseases so he should know what works best!! One thing also is that Caruana only does the open RNY, sleeve etc… no laparoscopic!! Which is more stressful all around!! But still a great surgeon from my research!! If you need any information here are a few numbers to call.

Dr. Hoffman asst. 716 859-4024 Baratric Center BGH – 716 859-3196 or 716 859-2067

My next appointment with Hoffman is 2/05/08 and I may get my first fill. If you call and can’t get in for the seminar let me know I can talk with some people I know there, plus If you want I’d even meet you at the seminar and sit with you etc……… Feel free to ask me anything. Cynthia

Here is Dr. Hoffman's link

Buffalo General Hospital - News: Hometown surgeon joins BGH

Oh and by the way I'm almost seven weeks out from surgery and I have lost a hugh amount of weight so far... I have not weighed myself, only at the doctors and that was 1/3/08.... Next weigh in will be 2/05/08 only since it's my choice to do that.... I'm already out of all my pants, most of my 4x shirts etc..... Inches are coming off like crazy. I feel great and I don't feel hungery or deprived.... I LOVE MY BAND!!! It's the best thing I have ever done for myself!!! What a Christmas gift. I have never PBed, or had any other complcations even with my larger size......... Just wanted you to know I'm doing awesome since being banded. By the way what Health Insurance do you have... Independent Health was a breeze to work with for this procedure. Started the beginning of Sept. and asked to be banded 12/17 since I wanted two weeks off for Christmas/New Years from work........... Could have been banded in Nov. now that's fast!!!

Thank you for all the information. I now know what to expect. I did call Dr. Hoffmans asst. Lisa. She said to wait it out and hopefully they will call mid feb to set me up for the seminar in March.

I am hoping they do, its hard to wait once you have your mind made up.

That's awesome.... I do know the gal who sets up the the appoinments for the seminar so if you need me just ask...... I believe it maybe hard for this month Feb. since it might be next week Tue. already..... Some times it's so booked and not a single seat left.... LOL we have a large following!! Bad I know...... Oh my if you choose Dr. Hoffman you will be in great care....He's soooooooooo nice and makes you feel like your his only patient. Walks you through every step!! Also very charming with a good sense of humor........ He also does surgery at Children's on tuff cases.. Now that alone had me hooked!! (o:

Hey any help would greatly be appreciated. Your doing great!!!! Congrats. I can only hope to have the same results.

I am so happy to hear how well the band is working for you, it must be very exciting to see those inches dissapear. In answer to your question, I also have Independent Health. Does Dr. Hoffman make you go on a pre surgery diet? Also what pretests does he have you do? Sorry for all the questions, but its so nice to hear from someone who has had it done, and has done so wonderfully.