Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

How can I become one of those people who LOVE working out?! I absolutely hate it. EVerything about it. I don't like to sweat or be out of breath, lol. I have been walking two miles everyday since Sunday- and it is kicking my butt! Don't get me wrong, I love that it is kick starting my weight loss- but I only WISH I could get excited about it enough to not have to force myself to do it!! I have seen some people on this forum so in love with working out, how the heck does that happen???? I have a friend who gets up at 4am to work out- where do they find this motivation and how do I get me some??!!! I am hoping it becomes easier the smaller I get. Am I a slacker for hating to work out? Wouldn't it be nice to lose weight really fast and not do anything but rely on the band.....:thumbdown:

How can I become one of those people who LOVE working out?! I absolutely hate it. EVerything about it. I don't like to sweat or be out of breath, lol. I have been walking two miles everyday since Sunday- and it is kicking my butt! Don't get me wrong, I love that it is kick starting my weight loss- but I only WISH I could get excited about it enough to not have to force myself to do it!! I have seen some people on this forum so in love with working out, how the heck does that happen???? I have a friend who gets up at 4am to work out- where do they find this motivation and how do I get me some??!!! I am hoping it becomes easier the smaller I get. Am I a slacker for hating to work out? Wouldn't it be nice to lose weight really fast and not do anything but rely on the band.....:thumbdown:

I hear ya! I don't LOVE to work out either. I am just now starting to feel like I have more energy and I hope it just gets better as I continue to lose. I called the YMCA today and I'm pretty sure I am going to re-join. I have to save up a little money first, so I can pay for a year in full (I don't have a checking account to draft from and I really don't want to open one just for that). I actually really liked working out the YMCA, I think it's because they have such a variety of cardio to choose from. I get bored if I do the same ol' thing everyday. I just do not enjoy walking at all. I'm hoping I can save up enough in the next couple of months to start going again, I really need it!!

Wecome Diane! Hope you enjoy being one of Dr B's patients he is a great dr.

Hey guys, help me with this. I'm not eating very much at a time...very little, like maybe 1/3 cup...don't think it is even a 1/2 cup. But when I eat (and I'm eating slowly) or drinking, I sometimes feel like I have a huge lump in my throat/upper chest area. What am I feeling? Does this mean I'm doing something wrong? I'm trying to sip Water (and having a hard time with that) so I wondered if maybe I'd drank too fast or something. My problem with sipping is that I forget to do it and then I don't get my Water in!

Here is what I've had today:

-This morning - regular sized glass of water, taken in over about an hour or longer.

-Breakfast maybe 9:30? - the other half of a small yogurt from yesterday's Breakfast. Honestly, I think it was less than 1/2.

-Around 11 am - remembered I hadn't had any Protein drinks yet, so I started on an EAS carb control. Took me about an hour to sip that one down.

-Lunch 2:00 or so - small serving of instant mashed potatoes. About 1/4 of a cup - maybe.

Since about 3:00 or so, I've had that weird feeling in the throat. I've been trying to drink down a Special K20 water, but I'm just wondering if I'm doing this right.

Feels really weird, like I have to burp but can't.

I am not a big fan of exercise either, but i found that two things have helped me. 1. you just have to make it a habit. Yes, it sucks, but you have to make yourself do it. Then once you see the result or moreso what lack of results cause you will make yourself do it. 2. My biggest things that makes me stick to it recruiting a friend. It helps if the friend has similar goal. For example, i have friends of all shapes, sizes, races, ages, etc. However, I can NOT make myself exercise with my friends who are not plus sized or ones who have never been plus sized. They are my friends and try to help, but i don't feel comfortable exercising with them. (One friend is 4'10 and weights between 90-95lbs. While I am breathing like a chain smoker, she is able to complete full sentences. While she is on rep 3000, I am on rep 30. Another is like 5'10 and is built like a supermodel. Picture Tyra Banks in your head. that is her. She wants to just tone up a little. lol) When I exercise with my thicker friends, i have a blast!! We both hate exercising, but we keep each other entertained and motivated. We give obscene names to the equipment, make fun of oourselves playfully, and laugh and sweat and pant through the whole ordeal. It's great.

Hey guys, help me with this. I'm not eating very much at a time...very little, like maybe 1/3 cup...don't think it is even a 1/2 cup. But when I eat (and I'm eating slowly) or drinking, I sometimes feel like I have a huge lump in my throat/upper chest area. What am I feeling? Does this mean I'm doing something wrong? I'm trying to sip Water (and having a hard time with that) so I wondered if maybe I'd drank too fast or something. My problem with sipping is that I forget to do it and then I don't get my water in!

Here is what I've had today:

-This morning - regular sized glass of water, taken in over about an hour or longer.

-Breakfast maybe 9:30? - the other half of a small yogurt from yesterday's Breakfast. Honestly, I think it was less than 1/2.

-Around 11 am - remembered I hadn't had any Protein Drinks yet, so I started on an EAS carb control. Took me about an hour to sip that one down.

-Lunch 2:00 or so - small serving of instant mashed potatoes. About 1/4 of a cup - maybe.

Since about 3:00 or so, I've had that weird feeling in the throat. I've been trying to drink down a Special K20 water, but I'm just wondering if I'm doing this right.

Feels really weird, like I have to burp but can't.

Sheryl,

Are you sure you are not gulping air when you drink? The first week after surgery I would get like that and I started to notice that I was gulping in air through my mouth as I drank. I started making sure the Fluid was at my lips before i would open them and take a sip. It really helped! If that doesn't help you I would suggest calling Dr. B's office. It went from taking me an hour to drink a slim fast to 30 min- maybe this is what is happening to you. I hope it resolves itself soon!

I haven't been posting much lately. Haven't had too much to report and Georgia Girl's so good at giving all of you newly banded members support that I figured there wasn't much to add. Keep up the good work Georgia Girl. Anyway, I finally got my 2nd fill and hope it helps. Elizabeth doesn't figure I'll need much more in my band since things have gone so well so far. I sure hope she's right. She did put in an additional 2cc's for a total of 5, so I'm on liquids for a couple of days and we'll see.

Everyone needs to keep up the good work and I want to thank everyone for their support. Keep up the great work!

As bad as I HATE it, I think the exercise is helping me- I'm down another pound today!!! I don't have very much restriction either but I'm sticking to this- I go back for another assessment on 03-20 but hopefully I will have lost too much for a fill then. Its almost wicked- lose too much without restriction no fill- No fill means another few weeks of doing it on my own- scary..But I've got to get moving if I want to make my honeymoon goal - I want to try to be close to 300 lbs- its a stretch but hopefully if i work hard I can do it- I'm really having trouble finding a dress in my size to be here by June 21 (my wedding day) I was trying to wait to see how far I'd be down by then but unfortunately I have just realized that was not a smart thing to do and now I'm 15 weeks away from my wedding with no dress- Luckily I found someone who can do it in 25 days for me and am going to order today- (whew) hey, did I mention weddings are SO DARN EXPENSIVE- I have several different heart attacks each day when I find out all the money we are shelling out- and we arent going all out either! Oh well, motivation, motivation, motivation! We are going to Negril, Jamacia to sandals resort on our honeymoon and I can't wait- I'll still be considerably large but I find solace in the fact that perhaps my next visit there I won't be!

How exciting, Mia! Sometimes I wish I could get married all over again (same guy, of course!) because there is so much I'd do different. When it is all over, all the details you worried over will seem like such small potatoes.

If the dress is still an issue, you might could find someone to make it? That way, you could get exactly what you want and it might save you some money. My sister ended up having hers made (years ago). She had a specific picture of a designer gown she wanted, and to buy it was too outrageous, so she had it made and it looked EXACTLY like the pic for only a fraction of the cost.

I've had friends to honeymoon at Sandals and said it was great! You'll have a blast!

Hi all, just needed to vent. I have had one heck of a morning, I am surprised you havent heard any reports on the news about me losing it!

Started out with horrible stomach ache because I went nuts and ate chocolate ice cream last night - made me sick as a dog. Then my boys argued all morning, which drives me insane, I got halfway to work and had to turn around because I forgot to give my son his medication, then while taking it, he spilled Water all over his pants and flipped out! Then, I got to work (I teach kindergarten) I was late, and couldnt find my keys! God help me. Then, my students decided to start wrestling in the halls. Now, they are acting like they are demon possessed and not following any classroom rules and just going haywire.

Oh yes, I had to stop and get coffee at the Woodalls, ended up spilling hot coffee all over my hand, said a not so good word, then looked up and say one of my fellow church members!

I need a drink, and I dont even drink! I need a cigarrette, and dont smoke.

I NEED A VICE - Because I refuse to overeat because of this.

I plan to work out like a fiend today.

Please forgive this post, but I needed to get this out.

I worry about what your talking about. I've yet to get banded but food is my addiction. I am unsure what I'll do with myself. I'd like to become an gym junkie.... just work out all the time for fun. What's the chances?

I'm writing to ask about Dr. Bagnato. If I can work out this insurance stuff (Tricare) then I intend to use him. Does he have a good bedside manner. I'm easily intimidated and have trouble being open and talking to doctors if they come off real aggressive or unapproachable. I want a doctor I can feel real comfortable talking to, incase I have problems.

If Bagnato can't then I am trying for Bernett... does anyone know anything about him. He seemed a bit more approachable at the seminar... I just liked the number of bands Bagnato has done and Bagnato seemed to have a real open policy.

My weight is barely over my insurance requirements. I'm close to 250 and it should be 147.... so I'm right at 100 over. My insurance only requires 100 pounds over and a health related issue. I have asthma and arthritis in my shoulder... but don't think those count. I have high BP... normally 130something over 98ish. The top number is fine, but the bottom is high I think. It goes over 100 on the bottom and did often when I was pregnant. I had to be hospitalized for it during pregnancy and they induced my son a month early. Now 2 years later it's still high. I worry about that cause I don't want to have a stroke if I get really stressed out. I'm only 29 and strokes and getting breathed with ANY physical activity (even walking) shouldn't be worries I have. I'm hoping that Dr. Bagnato (if he will take my insurance) will work with me to help me get approved. I really feel I need this or I won't live to see 50.

Please help, I just need advice from a pro.

I worry about what your talking about. I've yet to get banded but food is my addiction. I am unsure what I'll do with myself. I'd like to become an gym junkie.... just work out all the time for fun. What's the chances?

I'm writing to ask about Dr. Bagnato. If I can work out this insurance stuff (Tricare) then I intend to use him. Does he have a good bedside manner. I'm easily intimidated and have trouble being open and talking to doctors if they come off real aggressive or unapproachable. I want a doctor I can feel real comfortable talking to, incase I have problems.

If Bagnato can't then I am trying for Bernett... does anyone know anything about him. He seemed a bit more approachable at the seminar... I just liked the number of bands Bagnato has done and Bagnato seemed to have a real open policy.

My weight is barely over my insurance requirements. I'm close to 250 and it should be 147.... so I'm right at 100 over. My insurance only requires 100 pounds over and a health related issue. I have asthma and arthritis in my shoulder... but don't think those count. I have high BP... normally 130something over 98ish. The top number is fine, but the bottom is high I think. It goes over 100 on the bottom and did often when I was pregnant. I had to be hospitalized for it during pregnancy and they induced my son a month early. Now 2 years later it's still high. I worry about that cause I don't want to have a stroke if I get really stressed out. I'm only 29 and strokes and getting breathed with ANY physical activity (even walking) shouldn't be worries I have. I'm hoping that Dr. Bagnato (if he will take my insurance) will work with me to help me get approved. I really feel I need this or I won't live to see 50.

Please help, I just need advice from a pro.

DR. Bagnato is very approachable and has a wonderful bedside manner. He even is pretty funny sometimes! His office staff are the best I have ever encountered and even are wonderful about answering questions months and months down the road post op! I was self pay but have witnessed them helping get many patients approved through insurance companines. They want you to have this surgery as much as you do- and they know all the tricks of the trade so to speak! I know nothing about the other DR- I did a little research on him and decided on DR. Bagnato because of the number of these procedures he's performed. We all are addicted to food and overeating. I won't lie to you and say that I miss having food to rely on when things go crappily- I still do- but my band keeps me from eating as much as I used to. I have a lot of head issues that I still have to sort out- but I can honestly say, I am so glad I had this procedure done. I think you will really like Dr. Bagnato and his staff- Good Luck on your journey and keep us informed- Let me know if you have any other questions you'd like answered and between all of us on here, maybe we can get them for you!:thumbup:

Hi all, just needed to vent. I have had one heck of a morning, I am surprised you havent heard any reports on the news about me losing it!

Started out with horrible stomach ache because I went nuts and ate chocolate ice cream last night - made me sick as a dog. Then my boys argued all morning, which drives me insane, I got halfway to work and had to turn around because I forgot to give my son his medication, then while taking it, he spilled Water all over his pants and flipped out! Then, I got to work (I teach kindergarten) I was late, and couldnt find my keys! God help me. Then, my students decided to start wrestling in the halls. Now, they are acting like they are demon possessed and not following any classroom rules and just going haywire.

Oh yes, I had to stop and get coffee at the Woodalls, ended up spilling hot coffee all over my hand, said a not so good word, then looked up and say one of my fellow church members!

I can relate paragirl! I quit smoking when I started on my pre-op diet and every now and then I have to run out and by a pack to avoid overeating on really stressful days- But as soon as that day is over- I give the pack away to someone at work who smokes so I wont be tempted to start back up again- I know its trading one addiction for the other- but right now until I get further into the process its what I have to do to keep from eating cheetos and milkshakes that my band won't protect me from!

ParaGirl

Sorry you are having a bad morning :thumbup:. Days like this can make us go crazy with food. Just take a deep breath, regroup and calm down. Do you have any period of time that you are not with the kids, like a recess or something? Not sure how it works with kindergarten. If possible, try to get away for at least a few minutes just to regroup. Sorry I'm not much help, but I hope your day gets better. The exercise may work to your favor, it can be a stress reliever.

As for the church member that heard you say that "not so nice" word, that would be pretty embarrassing, but I would hope that the person realizes that NO ONE is perfect and EVERYONE slips from time to time. Just shake it off and try to have the best day you possibly can. Hope it gets better!