Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Mia

I am really sorry to hear about your problem, I just have to jump in here and say don't listen to anyone that is saying Dr B is a quack. He is human and things do happen unfortunately someime but all docs can and will run into issues at some point. He is very dedicated to making this surgery available to people in our area and his entire staff has been wonderful. I hate to think where my health would be a year from now if I had not gone to him for help. Well, i need to step off this soapbaox but I thnk you get my point. Take care and keep us posted.

Mia - I want to jump on the bandwagon about Dr. B also. He's NO quack. Sometimes things happen for no apparent reason. I've read about many people who have had port revisions and flipped ports. Port revisions don't seem to be that uncommon. I would let Dr. B. work on me anytime. Besides my lapband he repaired 3 hernias at the same time of the lapband at no additional costs. I also haven't heard of anyone saying that their port revisions were performed at no additional costs.

I'm sorry that you have to go through this again, but I feel you're in very good hands.

On another note, you were wondering about fills. I am one who hasn't had a 2nd fill. Elizabeth will not do a 2nd fill if you loose more than 2 pounds on average per week. I have been wanting a 2nd fill since mid December, but had averaged 2.5 pounds per week. I'm hoping to get my 2nd fill on the 13th of February. It's going to be close as to whether she'll give it to me or not, but I feel I really need one. I'll be sure to wear extra heavy clothing for my next weigh in.

Good Luck and keep us posed.

Nip50

I don't think Dr. B is a quack either, if I did he wouldn't be doing my surgery free or not. The REASON that it is free is because its his error that my port was placed in the incorrect spot. I admire someone who says, hey, I messed up but I'm willing to fix it. Nothing is wrong with my port other than he put it in my breast instead of high on my chest where he normally puts them. My weight contributed to the difficulty of the placement, but I know he has performed the surgery on much heavier patients with no faults. Its just one of those things that has happened and hopefully soon we can get it corrected and move on. Am I upset that this happened, of course. Do I think it was because he was inept as a surgeon, certainly not! The only reason I mentioned quack was because ppl on the chat literally attacked me with how I was an idiot to let him opperate on me again. It really shook me. I think maybe its best to steer clear of there for a while. Congrats on your weightloss! 64 lbs is fantastic!!

Mia

I think sometimes people don't realize what they say effects other people. I think you're right, just steer clear from there for a while and think positive. This will be over before you know it and you'll be better than new! Keep your head up and let's kick some butt on the scales!

I have a question, Do you guys want to be called the Bagnato Bandsters or the Bagnato Bandits?

Bagnato Bandits is really starting to grow on me, what do you guys think? If we decide to be called the Bagnato Bandits, I'll see if one of the moderators can change the name of the thread. So, let's take it to a vote!

I had surgery with Dr. B on Wednesday and guess I'm recovering ok. I can't wait for the gas pains to stop! Did any of you feel like you had a lump in your throat and lower towards your stomach? My pain is almost like a spasm. This is the gas right?

Anyway, trying very hard to drink and walk alot. Would love to hear from all of you!

Kat

I had surgery with Dr. B on Wednesday and guess I'm recovering ok. I can't wait for the gas pains to stop! Did any of you feel like you had a lump in your throat and lower towards your stomach? My pain is almost like a spasm. This is the gas right?

Anyway, trying very hard to drink and walk alot. Would love to hear from all of you!

Kat

Hey Kat, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I really didn't have much trouble with gas, so I don't know exactly what to tell you. I had major swelling issues and could barely even sip every 15 minutes until the swelling went down. Mine was more like pressure and sharp pain between my breast, my breast bone area I guess? Are you drinking your drinks really cold? Elizabeth told me that you can have esophagus spasms and it helps to drink your beverage at room temperature, if you are having them. I hope whatever it is, it gets better soon. If it is gas, I've heard that walking really helps, so you are doing the right things.

Georgia Girl;

My vote is for Bagnato Bandits! It has sort of a "Jesse James" feel to it, and that's cool.

On the monthly support group, will they be continued in the Tifton area, or possibly rotate. I ask because I live in Dublin and that's a really long drive for me.

Georgia Girl;

My vote is for Bagnato Bandits! It has sort of a "Jesse James" feel to it, and that's cool.

On the monthly support group, will they be continued in the Tifton area, or possibly rotate. I ask because I live in Dublin and that's a really long drive for me.

I'm terrible with directions so, how long of a drive is it to Tifton? How long to Albany?

I'm still hoping that Dr. Bagnato's office will put together support group meetings soon. I don't know for sure, but I would think when they do, it will probably be at Palmyra. I really think we need this and I hope it happens soon.

I think I like Bagnato Bandits too! What about everyone else?

Kat - Try some Gas-X and lots of walking. The Gas-x really helped me. The Gas-x comes in chewables. Before you know it the pain and discomfort will be gone. Hope you grow to love your band as much as I do mine.

bamboobabe - Isn't Dublin east of Macon off I-16? Or am I thinking of somewhere else? That's a long way for you to go?

I happy to say that my services were not needed in court at jury duty, so now I am really excited about our support group meeting.

Our first group meeting will be Feb. 7th at Ruby Tuesday in Tifton, Ga at 6:00 pm. This meeting is basically just a "get to know each other" meeting. I hope to see all of you there!

I am going to start a list for the ones that can make it to the meeting. Just copy and past the below info to your reply and add your name to the list, this way we have a count of who's going and I can call to reserve a table.

Attendance for Feb. 7th meeting

1. georgia girl (Pamela)

I will possibly be there. At the moment I fighting the flu/virus and feel miserable. I'll just have to wait and see.

Attendance for Feb. 7th meeting

1. georgia girl (Pamela)

2. Nip5 (Gina) - possibly, if feeling better

Nip, sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get well so you can come, I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. Take care of yourself and get well soon!

Pamela

I am so sorry I am going to have to miss this one :lol:. I have had house guests all last week and now I find out we had some major happenings at work last week while i was off. There is no way I am going to be able to make it to Tifton, but yall have fun and let me know how it goes. Hopefully I can make the next one. Take care