Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Right now, I'm doing about 20-30 minutes of cardio (depends on how much time I have) and then I'm working with weights. I do abs daily and alternate legs and arms. I then end with about 10-15 mins of more cardio (although not high impact...more of a cool down). My workout takes between 1-1.5 hours, depending on the reps I do. I aim for at least 4 days a week, but will do a minimum of 3x and have done 6x on a good week. I can definitely tell in my clothes that it is doing me some good. I'm a very slow looser, but I'm okay with that as long as the inches are coming off. I started off at a size 24/26 and am wearing 18s for the most part now but can fit in some 16s. Tops I wear 14s. I have a weird shape...need more room around the hips/belly, but it bags in the waist and legs. I did notice a cool result of weight loss...my car seat is now too far away from my steering wheel! Just never thought of that happening before!

Hey folks! Checking in to let everyone know I'm still alive! We are trying to get pregnant and so my focus has been more on that than weightloss atm. I had to have some Fluid removed a month ago because the stress of ttc made my band extremely tight. So I'm not losing atm just focusing on not gaining until we manage to get pregnant. Anyway, I'm still around guys..I see the board seems to have slowed down alot these days which isn't entirely a bad thing. Hope everyone is still doing great! Wish us luck on trying for a baby!

Mia;

That's wonderful news on trying to make babies!!! Best of luck to you!!

Good to hear from everyone. I tend to lurk, but haven't really posted in a while. Weightloss is non-existent, but gratefully I'm slowly losing inches. At this point, I'll take what I can get. Haven't gotten a fill in a while, so I'm really starting to rely more on healthier choices and exercise.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Edited by bamboobabe
Spelling

Hello everyone:

I finally got around to cleaning out my closet. I have about 30 pairs of pants in either a size 26 or a 28 that I would like to give to someone who wants them. I know that the Goodwill takes clothes, but I would prefer to give them to someone who I know or a friend of someone I know. Also, not many people go shopping at goodwill for plus sized clothes. I would rather give them to someoen who needs them than to let them hang on a rack.

Jeans:

The pants are mostly denim. They are the Lane Bryant venezia brand. Some of the kjeans come from Catos. Most of the jeans are mostly boot cut and of the dark blue denim. Some of them have that slight faded thing going on the leg (they were intentionally made like that). Some of the jeans are petite some are regular in length. None of the jeans are more than 2 years old.

Khakis and Slacks:

I also have about 6 pairs of slacks or khakis in the 26 or 28 size also. A pair or two of capris may be thrown in the mix also. One or two of them have never been worn. Although they are not new, most are only 1 or 2 years old. I consider them in good condition. The only real noticeble defect on them is that a few of them have those little stringies at the bottom of them as a result of me being short and the bottom of my pants dragging on the ground.

Jogging pants:

I have 1 pair of 3X cotton sweat pants. The other 2 pair are the "swishy-swish" kind. You know..the kind that make that swishing sound when anyone walks in them. They are also the kind that have the buttons on the side that you can roll up and make shorter pants if needed.

If anyone is interested, please drop me an email or a provate messge. If anyone knows of a church group or a charity who wants them, I would appreciate that also. The clothes come from a smoke free home. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Also, I think someone at one time told me that the obesity Treatment center or Palmyra had a clothing exchange. If anyone has any information about that, please let me know.

Wow Sabrina, you are awesome. I wish I had thought to post here. I have gotten rid of lots of stuff, just sent off to Goodwill or The Salvation Army.

Mia,

Best wishes sent your way - hurry up and get knocked up already!!!

Hope all are doing well. My husband and I are starting to watch our diet together...finally! He has agreed to stop bringing chocolate and other sweets home. That is a big deal for me.

I know as the weather gets warmer, this board gets slower. I hope we all spend more time outdoors workingout.

Later all.

Dana

It's been very quiet here! I have a fill appt. tomorrow, hope it helps. I ate a doughnut today! Argh!

Hello fellow bandsters... I joined your group around the time that i was banded but have spent more time on another website... I joined your group because of the connection of our Dr. I was from Albany but moved to Auburn AL just prior to having the surgery and I wasn't about to start over the process somewhere else and I trust Dr Bagnato. Its hard having to drive the 2 hours to get the fills and they have been far between. I still don't feel like I have a band and I have 10.5 ccs in a 14cc band. I have been struggling the last 3 months with keeping up with the bandster rules but have resolved to see this through. My next fill is 5/13 so I'm praying that this will be the fill that will assist me in obtaining my goal. I have lost approx 18 lbs and the last 3 months i have lost and gain 3/4 lbs and can't seem to move past this... I am working on getting some exercise in and that has been difficult to work into my work schedule but this AM I told myself to quit with the excuses and get it done. I know you don't know me but I still felt the need to share with someone who would understand ... Thanks for listen. Good luck with your goals.

Also I have heard great things about the local support group... is it worth the 2 hour drive to get there?

You didn't say when you actually got your band, so I don't know how long you've been struggling. I've had mine for almost 1 year and have been struggling since Christmas, losing and gaining the same 10 pounds. Discovered I have Atrial Fibrulation and now can't have any leafy green vegetables because of the medications that I must take. Did you know that everything is a leafy green vegetable? Alright, maybe not, but it sure has put a kink in the foods I was relying on to lose weight. I feel like my band is just right, but my mind needs some adjusting. Anybody out there have any answers??? At least I'm haven't gained 50 lbs.....

As for the Support Group, I've been twice and did enjoy it, but it takes me more than an hour to get there, then there's also the return trip home. I didn't find it that helpful. I wish I could find a blog that addresses the Lap Band issues that we face. One written by a trusted professional.

Edited by RosieJo

I was banded 10/17. Sorry that you are having to struggle there... hopefully you will find something to help you with the vegi's that you can have.

Does your support group still have live meetings? I am having my surgery on Fri. Jun 5, 2009. I do not have much support around me and was hoping there was still live meets.

Denise:unsure:

RosieJo, This is my first post and I noticed you were from Perry. I live in Bonaire. Will be getting my band on Fri the 5th of june. Is there a live support group in our area?

That's just a few days away! I'm so happy for you. I still haven't had much success with my dieting, but keep hoping my mindset will improve. It will be good to have someone so close by to talk to. Hope we can become friends.There is not a support group here in Houston County. I keep searching for people to go to the meetings with, but have had no luck. I don't mind driving,but don't want to be on the roads alone so late in the evenings. If you are interested let me know. Hope to hear from you again.

Our next support group meeting in Albany will be June 25 at 6:30pm. The speaker will be a trainer from PT gym to help us get started on an exercise program. Also there is a support group that meets in the Forsyth, Juliette are if that is closer for some of you. Call me at the center if you have any questions. Leslie

I would like more information regarding the support group meeting in Forysth. I too find the drive long. I live in Warner Robins. Hopefully, in the near future we can get a support group going for the Middle GA area.