Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Call me at the center(229-424-2026) for info on the support group meeting in Forsyth. I have the email address for the person who is coordinating, she'll be able to give you all the info on meeting time, place, etc. Thanks, Leslie

Is there currently a support group in the SW Georgia area?

Calling all Bagnato Bandits....Are you still happy with your band? Are you still losing? Do you have before and after pics? Are you regretting being a Bagnato Bandit? Come on out people, us newbies need your input....Are you all blogging somewhere else?.....Please come out and share.:thumbdown:

Calling all Bagnato Bandits....Are you still happy with your band? Are you still losing? Do you have before and after pics? Are you regretting being a Bagnato Bandit? Come on out people, us newbies need your input....Are you all blogging somewhere else?.....Please come out and share.:thumbdown:

Hello happytrucker280:

I am still very happy with my band. I am one of the "slow losers", but I am still losing. 2/25/10 will be my 2 year bandiversay.

The worse complication I had, was being filled too tightly once. I was folled to tight and the food was not going down. It would just sit there. Not much, PBing but a lot of acid reflux especially after laying down. I ended up getting all my Fluid taken out and of course gained back 20 lbs. However, the Fluid was gradually put back in and i lost it all back. I am now about 5 lbs away from reaching my first goal of losing 100lbs.

I have (yes, after 2 years) realized that I have to exercise. I have been doing Leslie Sansone "Walkaway the Pounds" videos since Nov 2009. I try to do at LEAST 2 miles at least 4 times a week. Right now I am up to the 5 mile one that I do 4 times a week. Nope, I am not an exercise fanatic, but I know it needs to be done. When people used to even say they walked ONE mile..on purpose..and not cuz their car broke down or they were being chased by something, I used to give them that crazy look. :thumbup: <--that Crazy look, right there. Now, I can do a five mile exercise video. That shows just how much my band has changed me. I still can eat almost anything, but I know my "trouble foods" and try to avoid them. The only thing I have omitted from my diet are carbonated drinks. I have not had a soda or carbonated drink sinc feb 2008.

I still don't regret getting banded. I still recommend it to anyone who is really overweight and has been struggling with their weight for years.

Wow, thanks for responding Brinabrina77...Do you attend the support group meetings? My surg is scheduled for April 1st. And of course I am full of butterflies.

Did you get the left shoulder pain that I have read about? How was the SugarBuster diet? Sorry for so many q's.

Edited by happytrucker280
hit wrong button

First - Brina glad to see you're still doing so great!

Now for Happy Trucker - I was banded 2 1/2 years ago and am still glad I did it. I'm having some trouble maintaining my weight though. Part of that is I appear to have a small leak in my band and can't keep restriction and the other part is that I've become a little too lax in following the band rules. But even with that, I'd do it again. I'd like to have my potential leak checked out and taken care of but I was self-pay and there's no way I can afford to put money out for this now.

Good luck on your band.

Nip50 130 pounds gone that is terrific. Thanks for responding and being so honest.

Bummer on the possible leak.

Have you had any issues with your port being in the shoulder area? Someone told me to ask about it.

Do you or did you attend any of the group meetings? Were they helpful?

This is so cool of you guys to come out and share...Thanks again.:smile:

Edited by happytrucker280
double word

Wow, thanks for responding Brinabrina77...Do you attend the support group meetings? My surg is scheduled for April 1st. And of course I am full of butterflies.

Did you get the left shoulder pain that I have read about? How was the SugarBuster diet? Sorry for so many q's.

Hello happytrucker280:

I attend as many of the support meetigns as I can. Unfortunately, I work 3rd shift, so I am mainly able to attend only those that are on Fridays and Saturdays.

I was nervous as all get out about having my Lapband surgery. Matter of fact, I was a soldier until they put my IV in. Once that was done, it suddenly hit me that I was having surgery and the tears started rolling. Not normal tears either..I'm talking ones that would rival Oprah Winfrey or Oscar winning tears. Dr. B was walking through the surgery prep room at that time, kinda patted my thigh and told me it would me okay. After that, all I remember is them putting a mask over my face and telling me to breath normally. Next thing you know I was waking up in my room.

Yes, I got the shoulder pain and the gas pain like many of the Lapbanders talk about. It is because they have to blow up your abdominal cavity with air. Anti- gas pills dont work cuz its not intestinal gas. The only thing that works is walking around so your body naturally gets rid of the gas. Overall, the gas or the shoulder pain was more annoying thanpainful. After the surgery I was in virtually no pain. The only time I really ever hurt was when I did something stup that tigged on my incisions or something.

The Sugar Buster's diet was a PIA. Only because I was a cherry coke, and sugar junkie. But I survived it. And you will too.

No problems with the questions. That is what we are here for. You'll have plenty more and that is fine. April 1st will be here befoer you know it. You'll start dropping pounds like nobody's buisness. Hopefully, you will love your band as much as I love mine.

If you see me at one of the meeting, don't be scared to say hi.

First - Brina glad to see you're still doing so great!

Now for Happy Trucker - I was banded 2 1/2 years ago and am still glad I did it. I'm having some trouble maintaining my weight though. Part of that is I appear to have a small leak in my band and can't keep restriction and the other part is that I've become a little too lax in following the band rules. But even with that, I'd do it again. I'd like to have my potential leak checked out and taken care of but I was self-pay and there's no way I can afford to put money out for this now.

Good luck on your band.

Hello Nip50:

I am sorry to hear about the leak, but look at what you have acheived prior to the leak!! You are still one of my Lapband heroes.

I wish i knew how everyone else was doing. This booard used to be so active with Bagnato Bandits, then it kinda fizzled. Maybe some of the newbies will pick it up and refresh the board. Just talking to people who were going through the same things as I was was so helpful.

Happytrucker - I also had the shoulder pain, but besides that I've had no problem with the placement. I also know quite a few others who have it there and they're also doing fine.

I haven't been to any support groups, but that's only because I don't live in Albany. I live about 1 1/2 hours away so it's difficult for an evening support meeting. I hate making the trip for even a fill.

Good luck with your journey.

Brinna - I agree - I also wish more of the old group were still posting. I rarely post myself but will surf the site every so often. Still like looking at befores and afters.

Happy Thursday Everybody......There is a support group meeting tonight. I plan on attending. I'll have to drive a little ways from Douglas, but I am so pumped up. I hoping to connect with somebody to go through this with me. I don't have any family down here so I'm gonna need all the support that I can get.

Hope to see a lot of you there, it would be great to meet everybody in person.:thumbdown:

Hello happytrucker280:

I attend as many of the support meetigns as I can. Unfortunately, I work 3rd shift, so I am mainly able to attend only those that are on Fridays and Saturdays.

I was nervous as all get out about having my LAP-BAND® surgery. Matter of fact, I was a soldier until they put my IV in. Once that was done, it suddenly hit me that I was having surgery and the tears started rolling. Not normal tears either..I'm talking ones that would rival Oprah Winfrey or Oscar winning tears. Dr. B was walking through the surgery prep room at that time, kinda patted my thigh and told me it would me okay. After that, all I remember is them putting a mask over my face and telling me to breath normally. Next thing you know I was waking up in my room.

Yes, I got the shoulder pain and the gas pain like many of the Lapbanders talk about. It is because they have to blow up your abdominal cavity with air. Anti- gas pills dont work cuz its not intestinal gas. The only thing that works is walking around so your body naturally gets rid of the gas. Overall, the gas or the shoulder pain was more annoying thanpainful. After the surgery I was in virtually no pain. The only time I really ever hurt was when I did something stup that tigged on my incisions or something.

The Sugar Buster's diet was a PIA. Only because I was a cherry coke, and sugar junkie. But I survived it. And you will too.

No problems with the questions. That is what we are here for. You'll have plenty more and that is fine. April 1st will be here befoer you know it. You'll start dropping pounds like nobody's buisness. Hopefully, you will love your band as much as I love mine.

If you see me at one of the meeting, don't be scared to say hi.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I seem to have a serious love affair with chocolate during that time of the month and I am hoping the it doesn't decide to show up during my 2 weeks on the pre op diet. I have PCOS and my girl comes when she feels like it. Hopefully the weightloss will help with that issue also.

To get the results that you guys are getting, I am sure that I will love my band, too.

I won't be shy, hopefully we'll be able to meet before April 1st. There is a meeting tonight maybe the next one will be on Friday or Saturday, I'll suggest it.:thumbdown:

Does anybody know of a support group near Perry/Warner Robins/Macon? I was banded by Dr. B on March 12th and I would really like to meet some locals traveling on the same road I am. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Hi everyone~ it appears that these posts are from a couple years ago and I'm curious to know how everyone is doing. Have you kept the weight off? Have any of you had problems with slipping, port leakage, port flipping, erosion of the esophogus? I haven't had the surgery yet and I'm starting to have second thoughts :) after reading different posts.

Were/are y'all able to eat fruit and vegetables? Did it cause you problems when you did?