Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

I'm so happy that the month of October is a thing of the past. It was not a good month for me. I've been stressed out, not eating right, not exercising, and not loosing. It all started the end of September when I found a lump in my breast. Then the mamogram came out abnormal, then the ultrasound came out abnormal and I went in for a needle biopsy. Then they wouldn't do the needle biopsy and had to have the vacuum biopsy. I was told that I should have the results in 1-3 days, but of course no way. It took 9 days to get my results back and by then both the doctors' office and myself were extremely worried. Fortunately, it wasn't cancer.

This played havic with my emotions and I found myself back with a sugar addiction and Halloween didn't help either. Well, I'm determined to turn this all around for the month of November. I started back this morning low-carbing and logging my food again and managed to get through today without any bad carbs. I figure it'll take at least a week to break away from the sugar cravings, but I won't give up. I only want to loose 6-8 more pounds and I hope to do this before the end of the year.

Good luck to everyone and don't give up. With the holidays coming we'll all need each other's support to keep on track.

Georgia girl - how was the run? Also, thanks for checking up on me.

Good to have you back Nip! I can kinda relate to you. My doctor sent me to a surgeon to check out a lump on my breast. They don't think it's cancer but they are keeping an eye on it. I go back in December to see if it has grown or changed. I'm soooo glad you don't have cancer. I haven't been doing too hot in the food department either. Time for us Bandits to get back on track!!

Oh, and the race is next Saturday. I'm really excited!!

I can eat again! Woohoo! I think all my pampering did the trick and I was able to eat solid food again. I guess the acid reflux really irritated my esophogus and it wasn't allowing much of anything to pass but today I have been able to eat just fine! I am SOOO glad I didn't have to get an unfill!!! Hang in there Nip, I am sure you will get those last few pounds off in no time!

Hey to all... Hope all are having a restful Sunday ... I am working getting a jump on the month close ( i am a controller for several car dealerships in Alabama) I am excited to get to know all here and to possibly be able to attend the monthly support group that i heard was held in Albany. I am basically two weeks out from my surgery and i have good and bad moments dealing with the new idea of eating and what to eat and how to eat etc... I am on mushies now but i was able to tolorate chicken, skinned, and cut up in tiny tiny bites. I don't like the Protein Shakes at all but really hadn't tried but one brand so far but they are expensive so feel like i am wasting money. i eat alot of eggs.. so worried i will get really tired of that... any suggestions for more Protein? I know that most of you are probably alot further along in the process so please dont mind my questions.

Since you can eat chicken Maggie, try some tuna salad or chicken salad blended really well. Egg salad would also give a pleasant change to just scrambled eggs. Take a look at the mushy food list on the forum here and that might give you some ideas. Some ppl by the unflavored Protein Powder and add that to their foods. Ask away, we've all been where you are and that time can be very confusing and overwhelming. Try to get in as much Water as possible. When is your first fill date?

Ok guys I need to vent, I hope yall don't mind. My weight loss has stopped all together lately. I am not exerciseing at all , all I want to do is sleep and I am eating crap food. I am having an awful time at work because we are going through some changes and I am really having a hard time dealing. I had planned on running in a 5k that is coming up this weekend but I have to be at work so that is not going to happen. I know I am not going to reach my personal goal of 100 lbs by my anniversary and I think the combo of all this has just knocked me on my butt. Come on guys give me some much needed peptalk and some equally needed kicks in my butt to get me moving again. I keep comig here lurking hoping to get some inspiration but I guess I just have to spill my guts to feel better. Take care!

Jeannie-

First of all 87 lbs is GREAT weightloss! I know that it isn't your personal goal but still it is 8 7 pounds girl! I think we all have lost motivation at one point or another, I struggle from a day to day basis. I will do really good for a few days and then fall back off and eat crap. But remember, this is why we got the band in the first place. Do you think you need a fill? If your restriction is good then work on eating better and moving more and just take it day by day. I know I often get really discouraged if I dont break it down minute to minute. You CAN do this! You've already proven that! Would having a workout partner motivate you? Maybe having someone urge you on would help. You did not go through all of this to give up now. Ask God to give you the strength and the power to take control again. I know that when i tend to separate myself from other bandsters (usually because I've fallen off too) thats when things get really bad. Maybe post every day about what you are feeling or going through. Do you have a journal or anything that you just write things out so that you at least get them out? Stress plays a major part in my falling of the wagon and as ppl who struggle with our weight we tend to turn to food. Maybe finding an outlet for the BS we have to deal with in life would keep us from turning to food. I KNOW you can do this, start tomorrow and try your very best to get as close to your personal goal as possible. You've come such a long way to give up now. Maybe we all need to have a bagnato dinner night and just surround ourselves with people who understand the highs and lows and get all of us back motivated again.

Jeannie:

Girl. :: gives you that look ::

Girl. :: gives you that look AND adds the one hand on the hip ::

GIRL!!! :: smacks her teeth and gives you a stare of disbelief::

You lost eighty seven frickin pounds!!!

Do you know that if I lost eighty seven frickin pounds, you couldn't tell me ANYTHING.

My head would be bigger than an elephant's ass!!!!!

I'd be convinced that I could rule. the. world. One slimmed down swagger of my hips at a time.

Why are people so hell bent on losing 100lbs by their bandiversary? Is that some unwritten rule somewhere? Think about it. If you lost a healthy 1 lb a week..by the end of the year you should have lost 52lbs. You shot over than mark!! Now don't get me wrong, I am not downing anyone's personal goals or those who have lost 100lbs in a year...but honey..be hellaciously proud of what you have done!!! You got this far...you will reach your 100lbs mark. I mean come on. Does your band have an expiration date? :tongue: Does it say on there somewhere in really, really, small disclaimer print, that your band will expire..vanish.. *poof* ...stop working....be no more.. exactly ONE YEAR after the time of placement? Girl, puh-lease. You are like a gnat hair away from that goal. So what if you don't reach this goal in exactly a year. Do you know how many people would kill to have made it as far as you have. :: sharpens her killing knife. :: Hmm. I guess we know of one. The point is that you WILL reach this goal. I know you will. You know you will. You did not lie on the table and let a surgeon poke holes in you and let the entire anaesthesia team see you without makeup, bra-less, and pantyless just to give up after you have come so far. (I had to bring up some fun memories).

I know that it is hard not to reach a personal goal...but you can not give up. Stop eating crap. Get off your ass.

:: unplugs the strobe light from your dance floor ::

This pity party has now ended. It leaves too big of a mess on the forum anyway. I should know. I am still cleaning up the confetti and Doritos crumbs from my recent pity party.

Most importantly look at your before and after pics. Look how far you have come.

And if that does not work...

:: delivers a firm Jackie Chan double dragon flying leap ninja kick to your butt ::

....That should do it.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I second everything that Brina and Mia said...no point in writing all that again. I love you girl! You know that - you are such an inspiration for me!!! I've been down the road you are on - finally picking myself up off the floor. I got drunk at my pity party and couldn't get back up. Now I'm picking you up.

The Y - tomorrow 5:30...I'll be there. I'm going tonight to swim. I actually went yesterday too (morning and evening). I believe in you and KNOW you can do this!

Just echoing what everyone else has said! I can tell you that I have about 4 months to go to reach my bandiversary and I am no where NEAR close to even matching your weight loss. I'd love to be where you are. You look great, you know you feel better and that is some accomplishment. I can understand letting the crappiness at work get you down, but remember how far you've come and don't give in to those bad habits. You may not be 100 lbs. down by your one year mark, but you'll still have made quite an accomplishment!

Jeannie....87 lbs is AMAZING!! Don't let the 100 lbs mark bring you down. Be proud of what you have accomplished in a year. I agree with Brina, go back and look at your before pictures and you will see how well you have done. It works everytime for me. Start new right now...you can do it!!!

Thank you all so much! I need to get my head back in the game. I don't know what pushed me over the edge but you all sure know how to drag me back on the wagon! You are all so wonderful and kind. I don't know what i would do with out all of you. I will be back inthe gym tomorrow morning bright and early.

I guess it really is a true test of our dedication to weight oss when we get stresed out and see just how fast we drop the workout to alleviate our stress and pick up the bag of chips. One of the guys at work pointed out yesterday that I seem to be grumpy all of the time and he could tell I had not been working out like i was before. SO for the sake of all the poor guys that have to work with me everyday I will get back on track.

Leslie see you in the morning. I promise!!!

Thanks again all of you. Yall all have no idea how dear to my heart you are. Take care!

Good morning girls! Just wanted to remind everyone about the Support group meeting this month. It will be Thursday, Nov. 13 @7pm. Please everyone try to be there. I am really excited about this meeting. Our speaker is going to talk about Body Image and Behavior Modification. I don't know about you, but I need this!! If you have any questions call the center. Flyers will be mailed this week. See you then!!!!:lol:

Hey everyone... i just saw the comment about a meeting to be held next week... I know in Albany but where... I am three weeks out from my surgery and my 1st meeting w/ the clinic is scheduled 12/3/08 so not sure where to go for this meeting... please let me know and i may try to drive over and attend.