Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

I hate I missed the meeting. Oneder Woman, the speaker at the first meeting was kinda the same way. She said she still ate junk, just less of it and she didn't exercise either. That just goes to show how different we all are. I can't eat junk and lose. That's just not the way it works. And if I didn't exercise, I guarantee I would not be losing. Kinda sucks, but that's just the way it is for me.

Thought I would share a small NSV with ya'll. Most of ya'll know I have been training for a 5k next month. I was beginning to wonder if I would be ready. Anyway, after being sick a few days and not running, I went to the YMCA today and ran. I ran for 30 minutes straight....about 2.3 miles! No way I could have done that without my band. Now I finally believe that I can be ready for the run! I finally feel like my hard work is beginning to pay off!

Have a great weekend everyone!

GG -

That is a HUGE nsv! I miss feeling strong like that so much. After my imaginary future babies, as I like to call them, that is my biggest motivator - feeling strong and in control of my body. So WOO HOO for you! That is fabulous!:biggrin:

I had one too. We had an entry in the peanut parade in Sylvester on Saturday and I walked the whole route w/o being tired. It isn't far, and it's slow (duh, it's a parade) BUT still I would have had a much harder time last year. People are starting to notice the weight loss, too. I've gotten a lot of comments lately. I don't see it yet, other than in my face, but others are, so that's nice.

Ally, L2L, Mia, ABC, Jonathan, Para....how is everyone? WHERE is everyone?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi everyone. I hate I missed the meeting too. How was the turn-out? DH and I drove to Memphis Friday morning and my parents came into town Thursday afternoon. I'll be there for November though.

I'm doing okay. I've got to get back on the "Band-Wagon". This past weekend I ate a bunch of junk and pretty much what I would have "pre-band" just less of it. I can't do junk all the time and lose weight. I've also come down with a bug - really not feeling good today. I'm starting over today and making good choices. I have a 5k to be prepared for next month - I see a lot of walking for me - but my goal is to finish.

Oneder woman I was at the peanut festival on Saturday too! I watched the parade, (well most of it-It got kinda LONG at the end) But I had sort of a NSV that day as well! We parked waaay far south of the parade and then had to walk all the way to hwy 82 and across for the booths- It was a TERRIBLY long way to walk- and I managed to walk all that way and around all the boothes and all the way back to the car without dying!! I even resisted all the yummy smelling food that was out at the festival too! Which was a huge victory for me. I even sat and watched my daughter scarf down a peice of pizza right beside me and didn't even want it! I am the type of person who can watch food network and salivate- so this was pretty huge for me. Before the band pizza was one of my favorite and most eaten foods- now I cannot really stand it. Isn't it funny how that is. I didn't make all good choices this weekend- I had some chocolate at the movies and such but I did get my tail moving so that's at least better than before! I'm planning on getting all my Water in and working out during my lunch break so wish me luck guys! Hopefully everyone will have a good day On- Plan!

Mia - I had a million dollar idea while eating the philly cheese steak sandwich for lunch at teh festival on Saturday. Next year, I am going to have a food booth with grilled chicken, baked Lay's chips, fruit, lemonade and tea with Splenda, Water, and other healthy choices. I bet if there was a healthy choice at least some people would opt for it. I would have Saturday, if I had been able to find one!

ETA - Oh, and L2L - I am in awe of you doing a 5K. Maybe next year, I can do it too!

Well I figured there wouldn't be much of anything healthy to choose from out there so I beefed up my protien shake that morning and managed to make it through the festival without getting anything. Of course I completely killed that when we went to the movies afterwards and the mini buttefinger bites screamed at me through the glass to buy them! Why do they have to taste so damn good?!! But oh well, I walked my tail off that day so I'm hoping the 400 calories in bites didn't bite me toooooo bad. I'm doing good today- had a beefed up Protein Shake for Breakfast (52 grams of protein)- a south beach diet dinner for lunch (30 grams protein) (which I couldn't finish) and I'm getting my Water in so right on track! I have salmon and veggies planned for dinner tonight so hopefully I will stay on plan. Oh, and I worked out for 30 min at lunch! GO ME!! I'm going to get below 300 or die trying!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Good for you Mia!!!!!!!!!!! And you will get there and no you won't die trying. I have to work on my Water too. Water and getting to the gym. No grazing either. Can I pretend to be a newbie again? I can stay focused when I'm scared of everything. I told DH at lunch today I think I'm going to go on liquids and mushies for a while. I'm eating more than I should with good restriction. I'm afraid I've stretched my pouch out a bit. Need to "start over"...get my metabolism jump-started again.

Hey yall! I have not dropped off the face of the world, I have been lurking and reading all your posts. I am haveinga tough time mentally lately and don't want to sound like I am whining so I have just been hanging out. My head tells me I should be happy wiht my weight loss but my heart was really set on being at goal by my one year anniversary. I just know I am not going to make it and it really is bothering me. I have pretty much just quit trying and I know that is no way to get where I want to be. I so have to get back on track AND QUIT WITH THE PITY PARTY! Maybe if I scream at myself none of yall will have to. I do miss talking with yall, so I will do better from now on. Take care!

Great going Mia!! Sounds like you had a good day!!

Leslie, good luck with the liquids and mushies. I hope it fixes your pouch.

Good to hear from you Jeannie! I'm so glad you are still alive, lol. A friend reminded me not to get caught up in right now. Look at how far you have come in a year. You've done an AMAZING job!! So, even if you don't make your goal by your bandiversary, don't forget where you were a year ago and be proud of your accomplishments!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Jeannie get off of your pity party wagon! Drag me off of it with you girl!!!! I've been struggling too. We will go to the gym tonight and we are going to eat right too...time to buckle down.

I agree with Pamela - think of how far you have come. Dig out all of those fat pictures - I know you have them stashed somewhere. I know we hid from the cameras back then - but I have a few I hate as well. You have come so far!!!! I am so proud of you. You have been my mentor and my friend through all of this. Don't quit on me now! I need you to be here for me too...

Gym 5:30 today!

Jeannie-

We have ALL been there, hell I know I have been there but we didn't go through all of this to give up, so dust yourself off and pick yourself back up and get on the bandwagon. I think everyone goes through those struggles at one point or another. You are not alone but we are here to encourage each other when we can't find the encouragement ourselves. I KNOW you can do it girl!

I am having one of *those* days today. I'm feeling a wee bit down in the dumps and I can't find the motivation to do crap bandwise today. Its dreary out and I just don't feel like doing anything today. Work is stressful and I find myself just being in a constant state of 'pissed off' here lately. Breakfast this morning was a starbucks frappacino and a zuchini bread muffin- How I managed to not barf that is beyond me but it surely went down. I know I need to work out today but I really am sick of it. I've worked out the past four days and am feeling burnt out. Any suggestions or motivating statements to get me out of this grump mode today?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mia - maybe you just need a little break. Don't burn yourself out. I had a whole month (most of September and part of October) that was like that. Try to get on plan. We all have off days. ((hugs)). Maybe it's this dreary weather.