Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

Guest Leslie2Lose

RosieJo - I think the'll be more people there than just on the boards here. There are people going I'm sure that don't come to LBT. I'm planning on coming. I just spoke to DH - I'm going to the gym when I get off and then going to head over to the meeting.

Okay...

Since I did not get to go to the meeting, someone has to tell me how it went. Who managed to make it? Was there a good turnout? Did someone manage to make a huge, wall sized, ginormous, Bagnato Bandits banner with the Lapband talk address on it so that we could nonchalantly (lol :thumbup:) let others know that we have a online family going? Tell me someone did. All you had to do was stand beneath the banner, point up and say, " All the cool Bandees are doing it." Peer pressure is fabulous when responsibly used.

Seriously, did everyone have fun? I hope so.

Someome gimme details.

My crazy job schedule did not let me go :smile: but I am still planning to meet ya'll. I don't care if it takes me months to do it, I am gonna meet some of ya'll.

I hope everyone had fun.

Did they have sugar free Jello, chicken broth, and popsicles for the new bandees? Just kidding. I would have died to see that. Remember the Phase I hell foods everybody? :: shudders ::

Oh the memories.

I hope everyone had a good time.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hey Brina!

I ended up going to the meeting. I think it went good. It took a bit for everyone to open up. There were so many questions asked that people needed answers to. A lot of those questions come up on this board that we have all discussed at some point.

Leslie did tell everyone there about LBT. GeorgiaGirl and Bagweaver were there too. I want to say RosieJo as well (sorry I couldn't remember your screenname). They had chicken salad from Heavenly Ham as well as fruit and veggie trays.

The next meeting will be October 16th (Thursday) at 7:00. Leslie is looking for topics to go over as well as potential speakers.

I did want to be there, but was really worried about being so tired on the trip home and my husband was willing to keep me company, but he was more tired than I was. How long did it last?

Jo

Guest Leslie2Lose

It lasted an hour. We were out by 8:00.

I was expecting closer to 2 hours, of course the trip down there is over an hour for me. I just might have to move closer to Albany!

Jo

I wanted to make the meeting, but I was working that evening. Glad it went well. They were entertaining and helpful when they use to have them.

Donnie

Hi everyone!! I've been MIA because we've been moving. We're finally settled in now. I've been without internet for a whole week....YIKES!! I did make it to the meeting and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next one. This meeting was more of a meet and greet type meeting. I think Leslie is planning to get speakers for the following meetings. She mentioned maybe getting someone to speak and inform about plastic surgery for after weight loss. I definitely need to be there for that one, lol!

Okay, I think it is safe to say that I am officially in the plateau from hell. I'm so ticked off. I have really not lost anything for the last several weeks, at least a month I know. Well, other than the same pounds over and over. I thought I was finally getting somewhere when the scale was at 219.5 yesterday. Then this morning, it was back up to 222. WTH? I am exercising, I am not eating tons of crap, I think my restriction level is pretty good. I'm just frustrated.

I know there are a few things I can do to help myself through this, so here is what I'm doing. Hopefully I will stick to it if it is in writing..lol.

Protein - I am not positive that I am getting all the Protein I need, since I stink at tracking this kind of thing. I will try to be better about that.

Carbs - I'm against limiting any food group from my diet, since I've done the low carb thing before and I know I can't stick to it. I will, however, work on replacing more carbs with veggies.

Exercise - I'm already walking and doing yoga, but I'm going to add an aerobics class on Fridays. Hopefully that will give me a push.

Any other ideas? I know realistically, this is just my body's way of catching up to what I've lost already, but it is really frustrating when you feel like such a slow looser compared to others. And yeah, I know I shouldn't compare, but how do you not? I was banded on 2/28, and have really only lost about 30 lbs (give or take, depending on the day!) since then. I guess an average of 5 lbs a month is in with the average expected weight loss of 1 lb. per week, but it is frustrating when it doesn't go any faster.

If you read this - thanks. I'm just in a pissy mood over this today.

Ally-

Do not let the scales defeat you girl! I know that is sooo much easier said than done! Lots of times we go through months where we dont lose any weight but we DO lose inches. Are you noticing any of that? It seems like to me that you are doing really good! I've been through those plateus and they definately suck. Just keep on doing what you know is right and eventually that old ball and chain of a scale will move again. We've all been there girl so just hang in there. *hugs*

That is so funny that you mention that RosieJo- The other night when I was still having so much trouble with eating I told my husband I was heading off to bed because I was hungry and I wasn't able to eat anything and if I could just get to sleep I wouldn't feel so deprived, lol. So I went my tail to sleep and woke up the next morning in a much better frame of mind!

I have lost enough weight to equal 10 obese people in my 57 years, so I have most of the answers. I just can't seem to make the answers work for me! I'm 4 months out of surgery and I've barely made a start in losing this time. You'd think being 'self-pay' would be motivation enough, but I just can't seem to master the correct behavior......

I have no appetite in the morning and eat a light lunch, so that's easy. I have no trouble not snacking in the afternoon, so that's fine, too! But come evening time, I'm FAMISHED and I'm like an out-of-control eating machine til I go to sleep. I've tried going to bed around 9pm, but then I'm up by 4:30-5:30 and that just makes the evening come earlier.

It stinks when we compare ourselves to others, yet we cannot stop ourselves from doing so.

I began this journey at 265, got the band last Oct. and am now at 219. I was once down to 210, but have gained due to a lot of outside crap going on that shouldnt have this effect on me.

Ihave been at this weight for around 7 months! I have been ticked at myself, but have decided to look at it this way, I have not regained it all. By now, any other time i lost weight, it would have come back with a vengence.

Note, I am getting a fill tomorrow and am restarting with the same diet i did last Oct. I lost a lot very fast, and just maintained it since.

I want to lose another 50-60 pounds.

We are here to support each other, and everyone does a wonderful job of that. It is up tous to regulate our behavior and not compare ourselves to others.

Dang, im in teacher mode now.

Back to work.

I am impressed with everyone here and the progress they have made.

Sincerely,

Dana

Guest Leslie2Lose

Honestly everyone - I think us getting "stuck" is one of the reasons why most of us bandsters only lose 50-60% of the weight after being banded (I'm trying to remember my statistics). We lose our momentum and focus. The excitement of being banded is over and we don't quite have the push we did in the beginning. Then we give up. Start back old behaviors and say oh well - I have the band - so I won't gain anything back.

I'm down 45 pounds and should be thrilled! I look at other's banded the same time as me and they are down over 60. I wonder, What am I doing wrong? I know the answer to that - Nothing. I shouldn't even ask the question, but it still lingers in the back of my mind.

I've had one of those crappy weeks. I'm down and depressed - just have that I don't care attitude. Seems like I've been in a rut over a month now. I have no one to blame but myself. I've stopped meeting Jeannie for our workouts and haven't been to the gym since last Tuesday. She and her DH have been meeting to workout - I guess I feel like a third wheel. It isn't their fault and I shouldn't feel that way, but I do - I'm so proud of her! I can't get my DH to do anything with me but eat. I wasn't able to go in the mornings last week - now I find I can't get myself motivated to go at all.

I've been down about my weight loss too. I did have a good loss two weeks ago but nothing has been consistant since a month after surgery. I reverted back to the Old Me this weekend. No exercise. Eating Crap.

This self-depravating behavior has to stop. It is what got me to morbidly obese. I've got to get back to exercising. I feel so much better and have drive when I workout. I've got to start logging my food again. Accountability! I've got to get in my Water. I've got to get all my Protein in.

Who wants to join me to start anew?