Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Upstate NY...Dr. Kwon

Kristen, I am terriable with assosicating names to faces...sooo I dont remember who you were from the meeting....but I was there....I just got banded on 5/5/05....the one with the bad reaction to the anestesia....sitting in the corner..(short spikey brown hair, nose ring)...IF I am remembering correctly, you were sitting on the floor next to your sister weren't cha??? Sorry, memory isn't too good....never was, not related to the surgery at all! :) It was great seeing everyone there.....I have to admit, I never in a million years saw myself a part of a support group of any kind....God knows I should have been in a few over my life.....but this is really starting to feel like an extended family and I am sooo very glad I got past my own issues and continued with the group!

Talk to you all soon!

Ok guys..I need to know what the hell is going on with my side. I thought it could be Constipation, nope....Then I thought pulled muscle.....Now I dont know whats going on. This pain is horriable and by far the worst that I have felt even after surgery! Of course my mind is going in all sorts of directions....intestinal blockage being the worst, or most severe. I fell to sleep around 8pm, and now its 2am...I woke up at 12:30 when my husband came to bed, and the pain was unbearable! As I sat here researching past threads, especially about gas, I had let out a few toots...and I feel remarkably better....Does anyone know what Dr Kwon recommends for gas? If no one knows, then I will just call the office. The pain is HORRIABLE and I have a high threshold for pain! It gets me doubled over!

All righty you guys, I gotta get it back in bed I think. I unfortunately am one of those people that once Im a wake, Im awake! Never any getting back to sleep for me.

Thanks for listening.

Hey Hope

I have read alot of people who use Gas-x or the normal gas stuff..Hope this helps. Hope you feel better soon..

Kristen

Thank you for your responce. I was up most of the night reading the messages posted on this board so I knew about the Gas-X... I was wondering if anyone had to speek to the office directly about this though. From what I understand Dr Kwon has certain meds that he wants us to stay away from.....FiberCon pills being one of them...(oops) Lemme tell ya though after having been up all night "tootin" and bending my body in different ways to get it to "toot" I do feel much much much better! I have a HIGH threshold for pain, and lemme tell ya, I was doubled over last night from this pain!! It was horriable!!! This morning is okay! But I would still like to know if Dr Kwon has a preference over one medication...cause if it comes back with avengence I wanna be prepared. Make me a survival package to keep on hand. So far its got liquid Tylenol in it, and Milk of Magnesia......I know Dr Kwon prefers these two medicens.

Okay...gonna go...gotta have Breakfast soon (shake)

Talk to you later!

Porclndoll

Okay, I don't mean to go on and on about this pain in my side, but I couldn't take it any more. I did the Gas X thing, and that didn't help. I took a nap and when I got up it was just as bad as it was before taking the Gas X....sooo I went to the urgent care center and saw a doctor. I don't have a fever, or any signs of infection, but he thinks that its drainnage from the one incision on the side. He thinks that is all pooled into one little spot. I almost went thru the roof when he pushed on it too! He suggested liquid tylenol and a cold pack. And Monday morning I am going to call Dr Kwons office. The dr I saw today didn't see anything to indicate the need to start antibodics....Soooo just when you think you have it figured out....Ya dont!! I thought all sorts of things, Constipation, gas, pulled muscle, but never this..whoa! I have an appointment with Dr Kwons office on Friday...maybe they will wanna see me sooner...I dunno....

All right guys, thanks for listening!!!!! I will keep you updated.

Porclndoll

Hi Porcln, sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. You should try Simethicone tablets that dissolve in your mouth. Carolyn suggested I use those after my surgery. I found them at Stop and Shop. They work real well to break up the gas. I hope you feel better. Let me know I still have almost a whole bottle, I can bring them to you at the next meeting if you still need it.

Guest mazela

:rolleyes Please contact the Doctor's office asap and always run your medical problems thru the nurses and PA's there. You are too important to ask others who are not medically qualified to address your specific needs. Chat rooms are great for support but if you are in need of md help please get it! Now i am worried about this and you.

Awww prclin, Im so sorry to hear ur not feeling well...... Sending good thoughts your way (but u probably already know that since ur pychic) If anyone ever wants their palms read go see porclin!

Thanks guys! I did actually call Dr Kwons office and I spoke to him Saturday. He wants to see me first thing Monday morning. I took a hit of that liquid Lotab that they prescribed for after surgery last night and I slept soo good. The pain isn't so bad right now. (Thank you dear God!!) It was so bad it took my breath away!! Of all the crazy silly things huh? I just wanna be back to normal!! :) All in all though this is still the best thing I ever did for myself. No regrets!!

Bandit...I felt your waves of good feelings...thanks for that! Thanks for the advertisment too....should boost business...:)

Ill let cha know what happens at Dr Kwons office......

CYA

Porclndoll

Does anyone know where I can get the pre mixed Carb Solutions drink? I have been getting it from Hanafords, but they are out for the next 2 weeks....

Is there anything else I can use instead? I use it for my Breakfast everyday.

Thanks for any help.

Porcl, I hope you are feeling better soon......I am still having major issues with the constipation.....:rolleyes

Hi Jorjet I have gotten them at the other local grocery stores as well as eckerd and target. Good Luck. You can also take the EAS Protein drink..but you have to drink one more a day because it has less protein then carb solutions.

Jorjet...

Goodness woman! I hope your problem passes (no pun intended) soon! My side still hurts, but not as bad as it did. I will be seeing Dr Kwon in the morning. As far as Carb Solutions...I get em at Walmart.....I also know you can get em at Sams Club...Isn't EAS Carbsolutions?? They are called Advant Edge/Carb Solutions right? Im confused. I get them, the silver ones in the juice box thing...at Walmart...and I asked about the Protein difference.....All the paper work says we are supose to get 60 grams of protein in a day...and with the carb control we only get 45 = 15g per shake......I said, where am I supose to get the extra 15 from, and they said don't worry about it for now...I called Dr Kwons office about it.....spoke to Carolyn.......Okay...hope this is helpful! I will talk to you soon!

I will let cha know how I make out at the doctors office in the morning....

CYA

Porcin...

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope that Dr Kwon is able to get you straight! Please besure to post here when you get back from his office - so we all know what's up!

Feel Better

Eileen