Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Upstate NY...Dr. Kwon

Jorjet...

Good luck to you! I know your scared...but try and think of the positive. Everything will go well. Dr Kwon is a very capable surgeon....He hasn't lost one patient from what I understand. Theres a reason why he makes us go through all this pre op stuff. Its to make sure that we are healthy enough to go thru the surgery and come out of it like a champ! He doesn't seem like he does anything without fully considering all of the factors. He wouldn't approve your surgery if things weren't going to be okay! I have had only one surgery, when I had my tonsils taken out when I was like 4 years old. Im 32 now! And the last time I was in the hospital I came home with a BABY! Yea....7 years ago when I had my son. Things have changed sooo dramatically since then....and even more so from when your kids were born! Im sure that you will have a pleasant experience and you will be more than okay! You will be surprized! And the same day surgery staff at Bon Secours is amazing! They are really super nice there! Please take the day to relax...treat yourself good! Nice warm bath....a nap perhaps...a facial...spend time with your family, lay in the sun for a while....supose to be a gorgious day! Enjoy it. Your life is changing for the best!

Please let us know how you are doing! We will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Take it easy!

Hi Jorjet..My prayers are with you..You'll do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey Porcln, glad to hear that your appt. went well. When you said - "and he asked me if I understood the negative side effects of the band...slippage, and erosion....and what caused them" What did you say? He didn't ask me that? What did he say causes it and the chances of it happening? Also, were you able to ask him why he doesn't see patients after surgery? Hope all is well...

Oh yea! Jasper...I did ask him about the availablity point...I said You will be albe to speak with me after my surgery if I have any problems or concerns...and he said yes he is able to speak with all his patients, however, he gave me the indication that all concerns should go thru the nursing staff. If there is a huge monumental issue that they cant handle, then he would take over basically...This is all in a nut shell!.......As far as the slippage and erosion .. I told him that the slippage is from vomiting....they don't want you to vomit too much after the surgery...and he had to explain how erosion happens....That occures when the band burrows into the stomach walls. Like if a collar is too tight on a dogs neck.....He said the most common cause of that is taking pain killers like Aleive and Advil....Thats why they tell ya to use Tylenol afterwards..The chances of it happening aren't that great, but it does occur...I dunno why he didn't ask you about those side effects...thought it was just common...I dunno.....Maybe there was something in my chart or in one of my evaluations that suggested I didnt take much time to deside that I want this? I dunno....maybe he just pop quizzes certain patients? I dunno....what ever his reasoning, Im glad he did.......clarification is always good! I hope this has been helpful! I will talk to you soon!

Hey guys I need HELP!!! Until tonight I have been following the mushie diet and haven't lost an ounce since I started it almost 2 weeks ago. As most of you know I had surgery 3/23 and lost a bunch in the begining. I also shared at support group last night how depressed I am getting following the diet and not losing:cry . Tonight I slipped and had a whole bowl of suger free fat free pudding with fat free whipped topping..now I feel disgusting and discouraged. This is really sucking right now I am mad at myself for eating and depressed for working hard for 2 weeks and not losing. I am desperate and it is effecting everyone around me because I am miserable. Any words of encouragement? Any suggestions?

Panda....It is very common from what I hear to stop loosing when you hit the mushie stage. It will take a little time for your body to get use to this new stage. Once it does it will start to lose again.....You will start to see a diffrence! And as far as the pudding thing..I dont get it..why are you feeling guilty over fat free pudding. There is nothing to it! Its basically flavored air! :) Don't beat yourself up over FAT FREE PUDDING...geeeeez louise! Feel guilty if it was a Big Mac or a hot fudge sundae at the ice cream stand..NOT FAT FREE PUDDING. This is a whole new journey for you and we all want everything RIGHT NOW...at least I know for my self thats how I feel. You wanna know something, I can't even believe I am gonna admit this...but last night, I WAS GOING TO take some before shots of myself. I was alone...my son was asleep and I had my webcam all set up. I took off my clothes, just to get some before shots to have for myself....and I was soo discusted at the sight of my own self!!!!! I started COUNTING days to my surgery. So you should be proud of the weight loss you have accomplished and just know that you are on the other side of this battle now. It may take a little time, but your on the right side of the battle. YOU WILL WIN THIS ONE. It will only take some patience for all of us.

Please be proud of what you have done! Its a huge accomplishment!

Take it easy and I will talk to you soon!

Hey Panda..."""DITTO""" what Porcln said!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've done amazing so far. I know it's discouraging when the scale doesn't move, especially when you've stuck to eating right. I am one of those, like you, who goes on the scale everday. Which I know is unhealthy....And slowly, I will try to not do that. But, you can be losing inches and gaining some muscle, which will also not make that scale move. Just keep up the good work and realize that the weight you've lost so far with the surgery would've taken you a lot longer (if ever) to lose if you didn't go through the surgery. We are all here for you. Keep your chin up and remember also that losing too quickly is unhealthy. :banana YOU'RE A CHAMP!!!! KEEP TELLING YOURSELF THAT!!! AND, pudding is not a bad thing to cheat on!!! Think of all the times you binged on fatty fried goodness. Fat free pudding didn't make u fat before, and it certaintly will not now!! Actually I find the more that I eat, the more that I lose. Maybe you are not eating enough. I find that 500-800 cal a day for me doesnt make me lose a pound. It's a little more than 800 or so. Think

Hey everyone thanks for the encouragement. I was so upset today I called Caroline at Dr. Kwons. She changed my appointment on Monday so I could actually see the Dr. himou all soon.self!!! It was her idea too. I guess all you have to do is the right thing and not lose weight and you get to see the Dr. himself!! Anyway she thinks I may need a fill even though it has been 4 weeks since surgery but wants the Doc to check it. Anyway I guess I will just have to keep doing the right thing and the right thing will happen. Next Friday my family leaves for Disney and I hope I can be as good there. I know I will be doing a lot of walking and we have a cabin so we have a kitchen. Porin when is your date again?? Talk to you all soon,

Panda6, I just tried to IM you on yahoo...I dunno if it went thru or not.....My surg date is May 5th!! ehha. I am having a bad night however.....getting a case of the "what ifs"....Just my inner demons screaming at me thats all! I will get thru it.

Okay dokay...I hope your appointment goes well! I hope they are right about it just being a fill issue!! That would be good!

I will talk to you soon

GOOD FOR YOU PANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see the Doc too....:-( LOL I felt like SH**T last night. I walked the whole Newburgh-Beacon Bridge and back with my husband, but then we went to grab a bite to eat. And, of course I ate too much. Didn't stop at satiety, stopped at OMG I am so full and in pain!!!!! So of course I get on the scale today and don't like what I see. It's so easy to encourage others, but when it comes to yourself it's like almost impossible. I feel like I don't want to eat a thing today, but I know that's not the solution. I will pick up where I left off on Wed...and continue to do better. That's all I can do, I guess. Just try to make better choices. So Sam, wants to do a group at his house on Sunday around 5ish.....Anyone available?

Sunday around 5 is good for me....where does Sam live? Do you have directions? If so maybe you could PM them to me?? All righty... Talk to you soon!

no directions yet, he is going to send them to me...i will let u know when I get them.. :-)

Good evening Porclndoll..I will be preying for you on the 5th..my family will be on vacation so you will be all banded when I get back. I am having a bad day today myself. Hope yours is better today. You will be fine I was amazed at how well mine went. I haven't been on the yahoo yet today but will be on later tonight around 10 if you want to try again.