Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Upstate NY...Dr. Kwon

Porcln: Hi there. I am glad that you are doing well. As the days pass you will begin to feel better. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Roseann: Mauri's support group meetings are held every other Mondays. If you didn't have a psych eval with her the cost is $25 per meeting. It doesn't matter if you didn't have the surgery with Dr. Kwon. The next meeting is on 5/16/05 and it will be held at the Orange Inn, which is right next door to her office in Goshen. Hope to see you there.

Just want to update everyone on how I'm doing. I went to see the Doc last week and lost 13.5 lbs in the month of April. Right now my total weight loss is 50 pounds. And can you believe that I am discouraged more than I am happy about my accomplishments this far? It's weird, but it's how I feel. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jasper....50 pounds my goodness girl....lets thing about this....50 pounds is ten bags of potatoes....50 pounds is 200 sticks of butter!!!.....50 pounds is a five year old child! You lost all of that in how long??? You should be anything but discouraged. I think where its coming from is when we have a surgery like this we just expect the weight to fall right off. It will take some time, please remember that. You are struggling against an addiction...you want to eat and maybe that is underminding your success...Maybe your secretely craving McDonalds, or Dunkin Donuts and that is too overwhelming and you can't feel excitement over your weight loss...I dunno, just a thought. You gonna be at the support group meeting? Perhaps you should bring that up for round table talk? See what everyone else thinks. I will be there!! I will see you then! Talk to you soon!

Hey Porcln, thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I will be at the next support group meeting. I just called the Doc this morning b/c I am more hungry than usual. Want to see what they say about a fill, but I do still get stuck so we will see. I hope you are doing well!!!! :-)

I haven't experienced that stuck feeling...well maybe I have. I dunno, it felt like a kid was sitting on my chest...I called Dr Kwon and he said I was drinking too much and I was streaching out my pouch. Its been better. If "stuck" feels worse than that, oh you poor woman! I am doing really well aside from that. I went to the office today and got weighed in. I am down 15 pounds from 5/3/05...thats when I did all my presurg stuff. Its amazing! I know it will slow down, but I am really surprized it worked this well, and I am very proud. I was put back on Protein Shakes today. I just did my first one for dinner and well, it took me two and a half hours and Im not finished...still have about 8 ounces. I am not gonna push it cause I feel full. I will do Water for the rest of the night. I keep hearing people saying they eat jello....sugar free jello....Are we allowed to have that? I know every doctor is different. I was going to ask today, but I forgot. I was too stoked over the weight loss to remember anything else! If you know, please lemme know. I LOVE sugar free JELLO!!!! And if I can have some now, I would love it...if not I will wait. I did have peppermint flavored hot tea last night and that felt sooo good going down! Definately recommend it to anyone!

Okay Jasper...I hope your feeling better about everything and I will see you Monday, if I don't talk to you before then!! LATER!!

Hi Guys,

I went to the doctor today, and I am feeling so depressed. I had surgery on 5/21 I have only lost 12 pounds. I feel like after being on clear foods for 3 weeks,I should have done better then this......

Jasper, I wish I had lost 50 pounds....wtg.

Porcl......Glad to hear you are doing well.

Liberty, I will also be at Mauri's on the 16th....

Thank you Jorjet! I am sorry your feeling discouraged...but a loss is a loss!! I don't know if theres anything I can say to make ya feel better....but you just took a huge step to make yourself healthier...and as Mauir says... "We are more sensative than the average person...be gental with yourself....be kind to yourself..." Those words have played over and over in my head!!!

I will see you at the support group meeting.....Feel better, your still loosing!

CYA

Hi Jorjet. I am sorry that you are down. I know that feeling quite too often lately. And of course it's easier to tell you what a great job you are doing than it is to believe it myself. But, It's TRUE 12 lbs is a great weight loss. When I'm discouraged I try to think of how long would it of taken me to lose this weight without the surgery. 12 lbs would've taken me at least 3 or more months and then trying to keep it off would be even harder. You're doing GREAT!!!!!

Hi Porcln. The stuck feeling for me is when I eat too quickly and don't chew well. Just about anything can get stuck for me. It feels like a pressure in the middle of my breasts, like something stuck. The other night it was bad. I was stuck for 30 min, spitting a lot of saliva trying to get it down. Then it was so painful I even tried to vomit, but it finally went down , Thank God. I had an awful burning sensation in my chest. Believe me, you'll know when something is stuck. You can have sugar free Jello and if you feel that you really need to eat something you can have whipped cottage cheese, or a little yogurt, baby food also.

I will see you all on Monday. I am waiting till mon to see if I really am as hungry as I think I am, or if it was just b/c it was the time of the month for me.

Hey everyone,

I hope all is well, I had my cardiologist appt tdy, i have a slight heart murmer. he didn't think it would be a problem, Also he doesn't think i should go for a stress test because everything else is GREAT! Is that going to be a problem, Should i call dr kwon's office and ask?? I have to go monday for an echocardiogram..And then i will be at the support meeting. Is it at mauri's or the orange inn??? My paper says mauri but a few people say Orange inn????/ Thanks for the help

Kristen

Hi Kristen. I didn't need a stress test either. I never had a history of a heart problem and i am young. i don't think that you need to call Dr. Kwon's office. The meeting on Monday is at the Orange Inn.

Jess

Hey guys,

Looking for some information. I seemed to have mislaid all my info from Dr Kwons office. Well, not all of it...but what I am looking for is the list of approved Protein Shakes. Does anyone know what they are? Please lemme know....My body was very angry at me last night for drinking the whole 20 ounce Isopro. I did it over time, however, it was a lot! I felt like I was drinking that thing ALL night! Crazy stuff going on here and my body didn't like it!!!!

All righty, thanks for any help ya can give

TTYL

Hey Hun

Carbminders-High Protien shake= @ Vitamin world in galleria

Carb Solutions-high protien shake mix @ Walmart GNC or kmart

Natures Best-Zero carb Isopure Drink @ www.a1nutrutonproducts.com

Nitro-tech-Sold @ GNC

These are only a few, I can't find my sheet either but these are the ones that were sitting on top of my head

Kristen B

PS i also bought from www.unjury.com and they are not bad @ all.

Thanks Kristen....I will keep these names handy!!!

Does anyone know where tonights support group meeting is? Probably the Orange Inn right??? See yas there!

The sheet i have says mauri's, I just had psych eval 5/5. But some people say Orange inn. I guess i will get there are few min early and check both places. see ya there :D

Kristen