Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Upstate NY...Dr. Kwon

Today is day eight after surgery, and I feel so hungry.

I went to see Dr. Kwon on Tuesday which was day 5 and the NP, said still Clear Liquids for 2 more weeks.....she did add in the 3 shakes a day, but I am still hungry......any ideas?

hi guys long island ny here... i am just curious why you are on clear liquids for so long?? i guess every doctor is different.. i was banded on april 21st and the next day i was allowed full liquids like cream Soups yogurt and pudding..protein shakes also...today is day 10 for me and i am feeling good.. i am due to start mushy foods on thursday and it seems you will still be on clear liquids..i wonder why such an extreme difference??

Hey Nyer's

I am also using Dr Kwon. I just attended his seminar 4/28/05 and i loved it. I have my psych eval with Mauri 5/7 and the other doctor's appts throughout may and beginning of june. I "hope" to have surgery by end of june. Talk to you soon

Thanks

Hi Its been a while since I was online,I am still having trouble with my computer. I hope aeveryone is in good health. I do plan on going to the meeting tomorrow. I think it's at The orange inn. see ya tomorrow.

Hi everyone. Sorry that I haven't been here in awhile. Hope all is well! I will not be at the meeting tommorrow night, it's my husband's birthday. So I hope you all enjoy yourselves and please let me know if there's anything interesting talked about.

Hey all!!! Four more days till surgery. I am starting to go thru some of my clothes. Well, all of my clothes are on my bed in piles, I gotta get back at it. I wanna go to bed early tonight. I am starting to wonder if this will fit, if that will fit. I am getting rid of all my winter clothes. I wont see clothes that size again, especially this winter. But the one thing that is bothering me is my leather winter coat! Its a really nice soft leather coat lined with sheep skin, and it is reversable..really dressy, not an every day coat. What the hell am I gonna do with that? Im thinking Ebay....I dunno. I dont mind giving away the sweaters and clothes, but this is a bit different...I know my husband paid a little bit of $$ for it......Any other suggestions???

Hey...wheres The Orange Inn? Is it right next door to where the meetings usually are? Do we buy drinks while we are there??? Just kidding....my nerves talkin! Thursday is gonna come QUICK! My preop stuff at the hospital is tuesday...when I talk to the anestesiaologist....

All righty, getting back to my piles of clothes, I could babble all night!

Later !!

yup right next door to Mauri. I was doing the same thing trying on clothes and I have jeans with tags on them and some tops w/ tags too. See ya tomorrow

AAAAAA THREE MORE DAYS TILL SURGERY!!!!! My nerves are kicked into full gear. Not so much cause of the surgery but because of the changes that this will bring. I am a little scared of the pain afterwards, but I have a high pain threshold...so I think I will be okay. Like the first tattoo we ever get....we are sooo scared that its gonna hurt like hell but then when the artist starts, your like THATS IT? Thats what this is gonna be like as far as the pain....but then again, I get pain meds before I leave the hospital...so I don't know why Im freekin out.

After last nights battle with my clothes, there are two big bags waiting by my front door to go to the good will....and I have just a few more things to go thru tonight, or tomorrow, or when ever I feel like it. I actually have room in my dresser now!!!! Never thought I would see that day! I am quite proud of that accomplishment! Wasn't easy for me to do it,but I did it. I am a clothes hoard...I know there was a thread on that subject here not too long ago.

Well, the day is starting....I dont wanna be at work...hey I wont be tomorrow!!! Thats for sure.....

I will talk to you all soon, some of you at tonights support meeting!

HAVE A GREAT DAY

Hey Porcln. That was quite an accomplishment!! ;) I know it's hard to get rid of things. I also had a hard time getting rid of clothing that's too big now. I always think well what if I get fat again.......It's hard not to think that way when you've always gained the weight back. But, I think by getting rid of those clothes let's me know that I won't accpet being fat ever again!!! Wow, that's an empowering statment, let me just believe it!!! Well, my prayers are with you and I know that you will come out like a champ!!!! Let us know how you're doing and if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Hey everyone,

i have my psych eval 5/7 with mauri, When is her support meetings? On what day and time?..Thanks for the info, and good luck with they upcoming surgeries.

Thanks,

Kristen

Hi Liberty. The support group meetings are held every other Monday evening at 6:45 in Goshen, usually held in her office, but tonight it will be at the Orange Inn, next to her office.

Hey guys! Here it is two days post op...and I feel like there is a small child sitting on my chest! I called Dr Kwons office and he said I was drinking too much. Soo I have to back off my shot glass for now. I think I have found a happy medium. Surgery went well. I did stay over night. I had a reaction to the anestesia...dry heaves...They didn't respond to any medication so they just gave me something to knock me out! The next morning I had my upper GI and all went well.. So I had my diluted apple juice and went home. I can't wait to get in the shower and take these bandaids off. I wanna clean the staples. I was told by Barbara not to do so until Sunday though....I feel gross. I went out for a walk today with my son and husband. My girlfriend came over who had gastric bypass....and I am starting to get rid of some the gas!!! I hope for a better night sleep tonight and then feel a little better tomorrow. I must be really swollen inside. Ahh and to take a shower! My sister is having a huge Mothers Day brunch over her house and I was invited...I think I will go and just say hello, and give my mom her present. I don't wanna stay around all that food for too long. All righty guys thanks for listening. I will talk to you all soon!

can anyone give me info on the support meetings with mauri in goshen? Do they cost money, and can anyone go, even if they weren't banded by Dr. Kwon.

Roseann

Hey everyone!! I just had my psych eval with mauri 5/5 she was very nice, I will be attending MY first support meeting 5/16/2005 and just wondering who else will be there :)..

Kristen B