Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Upstate NY...Dr. Kwon

Hi Everyone..I live in upstate NY...Has anyone had the lap band who live in upstate NY. I used Dr. Kwon in Port Jervis. If anyone has used Him please reply. Thanks..Hope everyone is well...Thanks

Jasper,

I have not yet had surgery, but Im working on it! I am going to use Dr Kwon in Port Jervis NY...How upstate are you?

Hi there..I live in Dutchess County. Dr. Kwon and his staff are great. I am 19 days post op. Caroline the physician's assistant is so caring, and Dr. Kwon is real strict, which is great. Where do you live? Have you gone to see him yet? Let me know how you're doing.

Jasper,,,

I live in Orange County NY...I have heard that Dr Kwon is really strict...Thats a good sign to me! I have not met him yet...I have met the staff there....I passed my psych eval, and will be going for blood work, upper gi and to see the nutricianist on the 15th of this month!

Hi again. Who did you use for your psych eval? He's REAL strict and YES I believe that is a good thing too. It shows me that he's not just out there to make money, he really cares about his patients and if they're good candidates for the surgery, that's why we have to go through so many hoops before he will set a date. I was born and raised in Orange county....New Windsor...Where are you from?

Hi Jasper!

I was born in Warwick, St Anthony's Hospital and I grew up in Maybrook. I have moved a billion times since then, but now I am near the town of Wallkill.......I like the fact that he is strict because that is how he is going to run his OR too....and that leaves no room for errors! PHEW! I used Mauri Waldman....Shes really nice! Great to hear from you! Drop in anytime :)

I was born in NJ but have lived in Orange county all my life . I am now up in sullivan its only 15 min to Middletown not too bad we should get together are you guys going to support this monday let me know k

Hi all, I used Mauri too...I like her, but I felt that her psych eval was a waste of my money. I could've done the same interview that she did. I hear that the other guy in PA does a REAL psych eval...3 hrs, so it's worth the money. The only thing that's good about using Mauri is that her support group is free. I've been once and really enjoyed it, it's very supportive and informative. Hope you can come it's held every other Monday evening at her office in Goshen from 645 to 8 PM. The next one is on March 7th..Hope to see you there. It's quaint and everyone is real nice!!!

SUPPORT GROUP MEETING...I should be there. Depends on if I have a sitter for the time I will be out. Anyone else planning on going?

OKAY for those who have been banded by Dr Kwon, I have a question. Im doing some more research on this surgery and reading other posts on other message boards and they are all talking about having a catheder after the surgery...WHAT? I don't want one of those? Did ya get a choice? Jasper and Pocomomma your surgery was all same day surgery correct? You didn't have an over night stay at the hospital did ya? Im concerned about this catheder thingy. I had one with my son and wanted it out STAT! I had my son in West Chester Medical Center....and I think they did it just for the practise (I swear they did) :) ... All righty, if you can offer any light on this subject, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks for your time!

No catheter was inserted in me I did have an overnight stay as per my insurance company they told me to stay overnght

Hi Porcln...I stayed overnight because this was my first surgery and I was SCARED! Well, I thought that they would insert a catheter in me b/c I didn't urinate before going into surgery. But, NO they didn't. I woke up having to go so badly!!! I used a bed pan and was fine. I think surgeons have different routines. But, it seems like Dr. Kwon doesn't use a catheter. Just tell them how you feel to make 100% sure. Good Luck.

Hello everyone...

I am so nervous, I am do to have my surgery on weds. 3/23 and am scared I haven't lost the 10 lbs! I am having the surgery with DR. Kwon, and have not weighed myself on an accurate scale amd am really trying to stick to the diet. Any advice? I am going to the support group with Mauri on monday 3/21, any of you going to be there?