Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fun thread: Nicknames

Do you have a nickname? How did you get your nickname (who named you etc) and do you get called by it still today?

When I was just a small child, my Grandpa nicknamed me Doodlebug. He had a nickname for everyone of his Grandchildren. I hated it growing up, I actually never told anyone about it, and tried to keep everyone from calling me it. Then, when I moved to Texas, my Brother and his family all called me Doodle from day one. He almost made my business cards in the name Doodle! Now I actually like it! In fact my license plate on my Harley is BDoodle. I had to put the B (Betty) there because someone already had the specialty plate for Doodle.

Fun Thread! Remember the CB radio craze back in the 70s, right? Well, the whole family had Handles. We were Rod, Sweet-n-Low, Lil Rod, strawberry Shortcake, and I was Katydid. I loved my handle! It wasn't till I got older and looked up Katydid in the encyclopedia that I discovered it was about the ugliest insect in God's creation! I was a little dissappointed, Ha! Shoulda looked that one up first!

Neat thread idea Betty!

Cajuns are french decendents, so my parents, grandparents spoke french fluently. Alot of times our nicknames were in french, or had something french in it... like mine :D

Anyway...

my older sisters nickname was 'noon pop' cause she liked pop! My younger sister was called 'shicken', cause she liked eggs and chicken as a tot.

And mine was... (drum roll)

'cot-cot and four more'

In french, 'cot' is the number four, so I was called: 'four, four and four more'. Doesnt make a lot of sense; but I was so hyperactive as a kid - that my energy level was the same as 12 kids.

And no, not called this anymore.

One more...

my little girl is VERY active (cant imagine where she got that from :) ). My parents have nicknamed her, "Shaw-tig"

means wild cat. LOL

My dad used to call me "Little Kittle" after the little perfume dolls in the very early 60's. He also used to call my "CR-babe" but would threaten to call me "C-R-Y babe" when I was in a bad mood...

I too am a namer. I rarely call my son by his given name --I normally call him some form of Spudboy (I also love Devo), or Sponker. My dog's name is Astro, but I usually call him "'Strodo" obviously short for "Astrodomaugra daugra." All my extra boys and girls have names too...

Cybil. Gidget. June. Pumkin. DeLarla. Six. Heartface.

My Aunt named me pumpkin at 4 cuz she was carving a pumpkin and none of the other kids cared, but I was mezmorized by all the stringy goo she pulled out with her bare hands. Chris calls me Pump for short.

I've always been acused of multiple personalities and mental disorders, so I've been named Cybil several times throughout life, plus when I was younger I was often told I looked like Sally Field, who played Cybil and Gidget, so certain friends call me Cybil or Gidget.

Some friends call me June cuz I remind them of the mental patient in Benny & June, who stands on the corner directing traffic wearing a snorkle and diving fins. I LOVE June! 1

There used to be a sitcom, and one of the actresses was really weird and her name was Six. So my friends called me Six.

I guess I should be concerned that everyone thinks I'm weird, but I'd rather be weird than boring any day of the week.

Heartface... deep sigh. From my first true love. He's a mental case now (I thought opposites were supposed to attract) but he adored me and said my face was in the shape of a heart. He'll always be in my heart.

OK, my dh gave me another nickname other than blossom and everyone who hears it always thinks it's sexual, but it's not! It's Spanky. After everyone else in the world began calling me blossom, I guess he needed a new special nickname for me. So one day, after watching an old re-run of the Little Rascals he decided to name me Spanky because I am a bossy little rascal, LOL!!! Sometimes he calls me Spank for short.

When I was in college I used to be moved howl. Don't ask me why - it seems so silly now... uh... like it wasn't silly then??? lol

Anyway, my little clicque nicknamed me "Bowser" because of that. Oh... the occasional bark would escape me as well... :straight

The other nicknames in that group:

Dram - she liked to drink Drambouie

Flipper - she wore flip-flops snow or shine (this was in Montana!) Now I know we should have called her "Bright" :)

Don't recall our fourth's nickname... hmmm... :D

Oh My where to begin.... I have lots of nick names.Some good some not so good.

~My grandfather always called me Honey Doll

~My dad calls me all of these 1.Coley girl or Nikki (My middlename is Nichole) 2. peaches( I love Them) 3. baby cakes or cakesy girl (for as long as I've been breathing)

~My mom calls me 1.Jamie Co 2. nikki girl

~ My brother calls me 1. sis boo or sissy ( I call him Bubba)2. gabber jaws(DUH!!!)

~ Not sure I shoud post what my hubby calls me(BUT I WILL HAHA!!) 1. cheese cake buns(I take as a compliment HE LOVES cheese CAKE) 2. sexy hot momma 3. Cute blondie ( of course)4. short stuff (Ya think)

That about covers all I can think of right now.