Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Filled 6 Times And Still Not Losing

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT! I AM 4 1/2 MONTHS OUT AND STILL WAITING TO LOSE WITH HAVING 6 FILLS. I HAD A BMI OF 39. I WEIGHT IN AT 223LBS, MY HEIGHT IS 5'3. I DON'T EAT VERY MUCH, AND I WEIGHT MYSELF EVERY MORNING, WAITING FOR THE scale TO STOP MOVING UP AND DOWN FROM 198 TO 200LBS. THE DR. SWEARS THAT ONCE I GET THE SWEET SPOT I WILL LOSE FASTER. I FEEL LIKE A LOSER BECAUSE MOST OF YOU OUT THERE HAS LOST SO MUCH MORE THAN ME. BANDED 9/5/07. WHAT COULD I BE DOING WRONG? AND NO, I HAVEN'T REALLY BEEN EXCERCISING BUT I EAT ALOT LESS THAN I NORMALLY DO. IS IT THE FILL? IS IT THE food? IS IT ME NOT BEING PATIENT(4 MONTHS) WHAT? WHAT IS IT?:lol::confused:

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT! I AM 4 1/2 MONTHS OUT AND STILL WAITING TO LOSE WITH HAVING 6 FILLS. I HAD A BMI OF 39. I WEIGHT IN AT 223LBS, MY HEIGHT IS 5'3. I DON'T EAT VERY MUCH, AND I WEIGHT MYSELF EVERY MORNING, WAITING FOR THE scale TO STOP MOVING UP AND DOWN FROM 198 TO 200LBS. THE DR. SWEARS THAT ONCE I GET THE SWEET SPOT I WILL LOSE FASTER. I FEEL LIKE A LOSER BECAUSE MOST OF YOU OUT THERE HAS LOST SO MUCH MORE THAN ME. BANDED 9/5/07. WHAT COULD I BE DOING WRONG? AND NO, I HAVEN'T REALLY BEEN EXCERCISING BUT I EAT ALOT LESS THAN I NORMALLY DO. IS IT THE FILL? IS IT THE food? IS IT ME NOT BEING PATIENT(4 MONTHS) WHAT? WHAT IS IT?:lol::confused:

Maybe you need to take a look at the kinds of foods you are still eating. Maybe they are still too high in calories and fat. I know that I went through that and realized that I had 1)stopped drinking my Protein Shakes 2) stopped taking my Multivitamins and 3)was eating poor food choices. I was also snacking. Stress eating for me was always a huge issue before my surgery. I sometimes just have to stop myself and ask am I hungry or just wanting to eat.

I have to admit for the holidays I cheated a little, but i've been on track every since. I eat alot of fish and veggies and i eat Soup alot, that's why i'm so fustrated.I even do weight watchers dessert (1 or 2 points) if i get a sweet tooth. Sometimes I feel like out of the 100's of patients that my Dr. has I am the one the band is not going to work for.You know "another weight loss attempt" failed. I know I should be happy that i lost what i've lost already, and i really am, but you know how it is to really feel that "this has got to work, surgery) and it's not working out like you thought it would? Well, I'm a christian women, so I'll just wait on God to take care of this situation and have patients!

I don't have much advice, as I am in bandster he!! myself right now. I just hope that everything will kick in soon and that you will be on your way! :lol:

Brandy

Hi,

I want you to know you are not alone, I am struggling, too. I was banded on 10/26/07 and have had three fills and feel very little restriction. I have lost 15 pounds, but not from the band- all lost on the clear liquid diet post-surgery. I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but know I am struggling too. Hang in there and keep doing what they are telling you to do. I have my fourth fill on Monday and am so worried I will have the same trouble this time with little restriction. I want to get there so bad! I know you do too. It is easy to get discouraged when you read on here that people who had surgery at the same time have lost 35-50 pounds! I talked with the nutritionist at my dr's office yesterday and she assured me I am doing fine. This is normal. It will be a struggle until we get to the right restriction. I'm with you!!!

I too am not losing as fast as I would like. Was banded 8/30/07 and have lost 25lbs. Went in last week for my 2nd fill, was at 1.5 in a 4cc band and she put in .07. Sounds good right? Well after the fill I had no restriction at all! Even before the fill I had a little. So I called and went in again 1 week later. She checked the amt. in the band and I only had .02cc in!:wink2: So ?? Was there a leak? Or did she miss?? I still don't know. But she put in 2ccs and I now have restriction. :wink2: Hope it stays. The reason I am writing this is make sure they remove the saline before they put some back in to know the exact amt. that you have in. Is this common?? Sure hope it works, so tired of not getting results, Have been stuck at this weight for a month! Good luck, let me know if the next fill works for you. Sorry so wordy.:lol:

By my calculations you are loosing an average of around 1.4lbs a week. That is not so bad. I know you are in a hurry to get this weight off, but it didn't take 5months to get this way. The recommended weight loss is 1-2lbs a week. Put up the scale for a week or two and get out the tape measure. I bet you are loosing inches. Hey inches count big time!

There are several reasons you may not be losing weight but your doctor should be looking into each of them. Have you lost anything at all? Obviously more fills arent the answer unless you have the large band. i have the large band with little restriction so far with 2 fills but I am still losing. I follow the low carb, low fat, high Protein diet with about 1,000 cals a day and i am too losing slowly. 28 lbs so far in 3 1/2 months. My nutritionist said to add dairy to my diet (3 servings a day) and that really helped. If you are following a strict diet routine such as I listed, proper portions, drinking Water, exercising, etc. then your doc needs to look at the band and make sure there is not slippage, leaks etc. Try for one week to be really good at your eating habits, write everything down, calories and amounts - at the end of the week see where you may be making mistakes. You may not realize that eating something each day for an extra 100 calories add up to 700 calories a week, possibly a pound that you could have lost. Little things add up unfortunately. Plus you said you eat alot of Soups - are they the creamy soups which are higher in fat. Really pay attention and see what happens. I wish you luck. I know how you feel. Like I said, I eat about 1,000 cals a week and i can go several weeks without losing anything and then a drop. If you have to, talk to your nutritionist to go over your journal. Good luck

I don't know but it sounds like something is wrong...6 fills and no restriction????? How could you end up with less than they put in. I would get it checked for a leak!

I am post opt 1 1/2 months and down 36lbs and no restriction but I do follow the high Protein diet and exercise 35-45 min 6 days a week I have been losing 2-4 lbs a week since my first fill. Log your food down to make sure of your calorie intake.

Hang in there, you are still losing over a pound a week and that is a good amount of weight. Some poeple loose faster than others but the important thing is that you are losing. Keep working at it!

The only thing I can say is that exercise is the key! The thing that gets the scale moving for me if I'm eating right is to get up off my arse and exercise!

Okay! I have to agree with this completely. What you have to understand is that if you do not exercise, you body thinks it is in starvation mode, and actually holds on to food more then if you were eating more then you are now. Make sure you eat your 4 oz, do not starve yourself, eat a well balanced diet, make sure you are taking your Multivitamin, and HIT THE GYM!!!!!

Bottom line, if you need motivation in the gym, get a trainer. That is the way to kick start the situation. The band is not a miracle, it is a tool, and you have to use the tool in order for it to work. If you use it right, it works, if you don't, it doesn't get the job done.

Just exercise, eat right, and you will loose the weight.

:rolleyes2:)

the secret is you have to burn more calories than you eat. Tracking your calories is key. Keep them at 1000 or less. Exercise just 30 minutes a day. Wether it be just walking or doing an exercise video or cleaning house ect. Make it priority. I had the exact same problem as you. I now track every calorie and also run 5k 3x a week. The scale has finally started moving.