Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Teens ?

Hi everyone i've been on the site for a while now but never posted here im nicole rose and im 19 from chicago il and im about 350 right now but ppl say i dont look it but yeah its the same thing. Im in the process of getting all of mai stuff together for the final consult with mai surgeon. I have gone through all of mai testing and the barium swallow and the psych visit and now i guesssss im just waiting on the insurance once again. -sigh- i'm really trying to make some personal ties here so that i have someone to lean on if i get frustrated i know im going to be turning twenty in july but i still feel like im going into this surgery as if im only 5 and learning to walk.... i have a myspace (MySpace.com - nikole ♥ - 19 - Female - Chicago, Illinois - www.myspace.com/yourockmaisocks) so if anyone else does please add me and maybe you guys that have had this can share some ideas for food with me (=

i was banded at the New Hope program in Chicago, but i like in michigan...

hey nicole... lol, i know you

if you have any questions feel free to pm or hit me up on myspace :-)

this is me so far

Updates-3.jpg

I haven't been on in what seems like forever. I myself was banded at the age of fifteen. Since then, I have lost 117 pounds.

I have a love/hate relationship with my band. I love what it has done for me. It has changed and saved my life. It has made me a happier more confident person.

I hate that I hide such a wonderful tool. I would love to tell people but I was always so self concious of my weight. Discussing the drastic measure I had to use to obtain my new life, would bring those feelings back.

But I probably am one of the (teen) bandsters that has had it longest. I am willing to help with what I can. Let me know.

Good luck and congratulations to all!

=)

Hello All, I am new here my name is Kagen (19 years old) but you all can call me Kay. I have just "offically" considered having the band done, after thinking about it for about a year. Hope this site can be a great encouragement to me!

Hey katie bug just to let you know when you do excercise in the cold you actually loose more weight, I read it somewhere because it takes longer for you to get going and you burn more fat when you do it in winter as to when you do it in summer and I know what you mean about money, we had a treadmill giving to my family and of course I never used it, we took it to the dump and now I'm wishing we hadn't. I hate going outside to excercise (most of my problem) but I guess that will have to change

Hey katie bug just to let you know when you do excercise in the cold you actually loose more weight, I read it somewhere because it takes longer for you to get going and you burn more fat when you do it in winter as to when you do it in summer and I know what you mean about money, we had a treadmill giving to my family and of course I never used it, we took it to the dump and now I'm wishing we hadn't. I hate going outside to excercise (most of my problem) but I guess that will have to change

I live a mile from my work, so maybe I'll walk there tomorrow. & it's a good thing about that cold weather thing, because it hasn't gotten any warmer.

Hey guys, I'm Tisha! I'm 19 and have had my band since july 10th, 07. I was about 241 when I went for my first consultation. My family has this 20-30 lb index, so most people think I don't weigh what I do/did, but I was at a point where a change needed to happen. My mom really was the one who wanted me to get it, but I eventually grew into the idea. My insurance declined me, but my mom was so determined my parents paid out of pocket. I haven't been a superfast loser, but I've lost 50lbs now. My goal is to be a size 12 and if my calculations are correct that'll be about 20-25 lbs from now. I want it off by mayish...I hope I'll get there! If not I have to do it by june...I'll be going to Europe with my friends in July and all sorts of pictures will be taken. I also think I'll be transferring colleges this comming fall, so I wanna start off fresh.

P.S I'm a music major, are there any other music people here?

Hey everyone!!! Isabella and Purplegirl you guys are beautiful! I love the before and after pics! I just turned 20 but you all seem to be older teens, most of my friends are still teens, and I feel like I fit in more with teens, so I'll post here.

I'm from Attleboro, Massachusetts, although I'm right on the Rhode Island line. I'm pretty new to all this, I've been doing a lot of research and I finally have an appointment with a surgeon in 9 days, I'm so excited but super nervous.

For those of you already banded, how does being banded interfer with school? Friends? Dating? I still live with and am supported by my parents, how did yours handle all of this? Sorry I'm rambling I'm just really excited and curious.

Thanks!

Allison

Edited by Allison

Hey everyone!!! Isabella and Purplegirl you guys are beautiful! I love the before and after pics! I just turned 20 but you all seem to be older teens, most of my friends are still teens, and I feel like I fit in more with teens, so I'll post here.

I'm from Attleboro, Massachusetts, although I'm right on the Rhode Island line. I'm pretty new to all this, I've been doing a lot of research and I finally have an appointment with a surgeon in 9 days, I'm so excited but super nervous.

For those of you already banded, how does being banded interfer with school? Friends? Dating? I still live with and am supported by my parents, how did yours handle all of this? Sorry I'm rambling I'm just really excited and curious.

Thanks!

Allison

Congratulations, Allison! My name's Katie & I've been banded for almost three months now with no real disappointments. I haven't been to school since I've had it, but it isn't band related. I work with kids, & the band hasn't slowed me down. It's really only gotten easier. There's no difference with my friends. My two best friends haven't actually even said anything about it yet. But they aren't like non-supportive. Dating wise... I'm not one to talk to... & as for my parents.... 239847239847293847% supportive. If they cared any more, I don't know what I'd do! Haha.

Congratulations, Allison! My name's Katie & I've been banded for almost three months now with no real disappointments. I haven't been to school since I've had it, but it isn't band related. I work with kids, & the band hasn't slowed me down. It's really only gotten easier. There's no difference with my friends. My two best friends haven't actually even said anything about it yet. But they aren't like non-supportive. Dating wise... I'm not one to talk to... & as for my parents.... 239847239847293847% supportive. If they cared any more, I don't know what I'd do! Haha.

Het Katie! Thats great! What do you do?? I actually am going to school to be an art teacher for elementary school kids. I'm on my spring break right now so I'm getting in a lot of observations in the middle school, gotta love those 13 year olds :lol: Congrats on all your success!

Hey what surgeon are you looking into in NY? I live in NH and there arnt any around here so i have to go out of state?

Where do you live in New Hampshire?? There are some parts of New Hampshire that are really close to MA, and there are lots of great surgeons in the Boston Area, if you have to go outta state.