Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Teens ?

Het Katie! Thats great! What do you do?? I actually am going to school to be an art teacher for elementary school kids. I'm on my spring break right now so I'm getting in a lot of observations in the middle school, gotta love those 13 year olds :thumbup: Congrats on all your success!

I'm a preschool teacher. I work with 1-5 year olds but my main classroom is 3 year olds. I love it.

Wooohooo I had my first consultation yesterday! Now I have to go through all this stuff before I can actually get surgery, just hoping everything goes well so I can get on with my life!

And Katie, thats great about your job! Sometimes I get so sick of school I just want to drop out and maybe see about being a preschool teacher because at least in MA, I think you only need an associates degree or to go through some training program. I dunno I'm gonna stick out school for now but preschool teaching seems like it would be so much fun! If I manage to get through school, lol, I will be able to be an elementary school art teacher, but there are like, no art teacher jobs open... I dunno, just venting...

Allison

Edited by Allison

Hi. I'm Melissa,17. I hope to be banded by the summer. My mom and I were talking about it. I've exhausted all of my other options. I currently weigh in at 265 (from this morning).

Nope. It's my current weight. I haven't been banded (yet!!)

Hey Melissa! Welcome! Glad to know your mom is on board with everything. I think talking with my parents is gonna be the hardest part of all this! I talked to them a while back and got really mixed results, so I haven't told them I'm actually going through with this now. I don't have a band yet either. Good luck with everything!!

P.S. where are you from??

Edited by Allison

I'm from New Jersey. Yea, My mom was actually the one who suggested it for me. Thanks for the luck! Same to you.

Yeah, my dad saw an AD in the paper & was like, "Hey Katie... you should totally look into this." & now I'm banded! It's crazy.

My insurance company's website says that I need to go on a 6-month fitness adventure. Ugh. I hope my regular doctor visits will suffice. I've been the the doctor a lot in the last couple months. I want to get banded by the summer so hopefully I will be a whole new person by college (one year away from now)

My names Meghan, I am from Florida. I was banded when I was 15.(yeah i was kinda young..) I have had the band for a year and a half. My high was 263 before i was banded and now I weigh 170. I still have 25 more to loose but im basically done going thru the major weight loss stage so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

I'm 18, I went to see the weight loss surgeon at my hospital today to see if he would band me, because I have a BMI less than 35 he wasn't sure but my dad and I convinced him and I'm now having the surgery on Thursday! I'm nervous, VERY nervous, but excited all the same!

I'm 18, I went to see the weight loss surgeon at my hospital today to see if he would band me, because I have a BMI less than 35 he wasn't sure but my dad and I convinced him and I'm now having the surgery on Thursday! I'm nervous, VERY nervous, but excited all the same!

Wow you don't have to go through all the pre-surgery stuff? Lucky! The whole process with my surgeon takes about 2 - 3 months, depending on how quickly you can schedual the sleep lap, nutriotionist appt, psych eval, etc. Where are you from?? Hope everything goes well for you!!

Allison

Yeh, I'm really lucky. I went to see the doctor, he agreed to the surgery, I went and saw the anethetist (sp?), had my bloodwork done, saw the admissions officer, signed some papers and I go back on Thursday. I'm English, but I'm having it done in the Middle East.

i didnt know they did that? do you have to sleep there while they watch you or do you just answer some questions?

You have to spend the whole night there sleeping covered in all these crazy tubes and censors and such while they watch you and moniter your sleeping and breathing. I haven't had mine yet but I'm not looking forward to it lol.