Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone looking to lose 300+?

Hi all,

Not only did I start with 200+ pounds to lose, but I started with 300+ pounds to lose. Yikes! :cool: Even when I meet that goal my BMI will still place me just shy of being Morbidly Obese, but still Obese. Maybe when I reach my goal I'll re-evalute from there.

Although I've had good success so far I still get down on myself when I don't follow the Bandster rules so well. I've hit a couple plateaus, but thankfully am moving downwards again. I haven't started exercising regularly yet -- hopefully soon.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? I'd love to hear of your success and achievements as well...

Cascavel

I had in the neighborhood of 200 lbs to lose, plus or minus 10 lbs. I weighed 382 for surgery and am currently around 230. I'd like to lose 50 more lbs, docs say between 30 and 70, depending on which I ask. :cool:

Hi all,

Not only did I start with 200+ pounds to lose, but I started with 300+ pounds to lose. Yikes! :cool: Even when I meet that goal my BMI will still place me just shy of being Morbidly Obese, but still Obese. Maybe when I reach my goal I'll re-evalute from there.

Although I've had good success so far I still get down on myself when I don't follow the Bandster rules so well. I've hit a couple plateaus, but thankfully am moving downwards again. I haven't started exercising regularly yet -- hopefully soon.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? I'd love to hear of your success and achievements as well...

Cascavel

There's a thread for high BMI banders that you might want to get on board with for support.

Good Luck, it's a big challenge for us all and you've already had great success.

Hi Cascavel, check out this thread for BMI > 50

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f139/thread-super-sized-bandsters-starting-bmi-over-50-a-16168/

Cherlita

Loveland, Colorado

379/356/200

pre-op/current/goal

11.27.07: Banded

weight.png

Hey - I am just starting this process but I am in a similar boat. I started at 465 and need to get down to 185ish.

We can do it! :lol:

John

Hey I have 250lbs to lose. I wish to join in and make this a family affair......... In the past 5 years I've lost 300lbs so would that count lol, lol First time in 2001/2002 162lbs lost gained back and lost 167lbs 2004/2006 and gained back. Now I'm going to lose it forever and never find any of it!! No returns on that fat EVER..... Thanks guys, Cynthia

Wow! You guys have me in awe. My most to lose is 225 to get to a normal BMI, 175 pounds. Not sure that is a realistic goal for me yet but as I lose I seem to keep moving my end goal.

I find the only way to move forward is to focus on the baby steps. We can do this together!

Hey guys....just chiming in here.

I was banded two months ago and just got my first fill last week. I'm living in bandster hell right now and seriously cannot wait to get out of it. I'm hungry all the time and look forward to having some restriction.

We can all do this!!

-Traci

Hey Tralynn wow were in the same boat together as far as weight loss numbers. How much did you loose Pre-Op and since banding? Your doing wonderful... I love seeing your numbers. I was banded one month after you. I weigh in tomorrow after two weeks time of the last weigh in. So I'll see what I've done since my Post-Op since 12/28/07. I feel great and hope to have a banster friendship with you. Thanks, Cynthia

Hey Cynthia!!! Wow...I see you were banded at Buffalo General. I'm originally from Buffalo (Lancaster) but moved to FL four years ago. I'm actually headed up there this weeked to see my newborn neice. Not looking forward to the cold and snow but...oh well.

I weighed 338 pre-surgery, lost 20 lbs on the pre-op diet and the scale hasn't budged since. I've been going up and down on the same two pounds for weeks now. My doc reassured me though that it's normal and as soon as I get some restriction, I'll start to see the weight loss. I go for my 2nd fill next Wed.

I'd love to have a friend to share our challenges and successions. That's what I'm here for ....I need that moral support!! (I think we all do)

-Traci :)

Traci - Wow that's wonderful Congrats new Auntie!! So you're from the WNY area... Cheektowaga for me!!! Well bad news is a front is coming in with some really cold air this weekend!! Him sure she wants to stay here, could have them down to FL. LOL I love FL. come down twice a year to Disney. Love it!!!

I see were the same age as well....... It would be great being buddies on our journey........ I weigh in tomorrow after almost three weeks of not knowing what I've lost since Post-Op check -up.... But my clothes are really getting bigger and I feel great. I noticed I can eat more and a tiny bit of hunger before some meals.... I can get my first fill on Feb.5th when I see my surgeon next. Not yet sure if I need one yet, should be interesting. I eat betwwen 850-1300 calories, 80-100 Protein and 30-48 fat grams a day....... So I feel awesome and I know I'm losing...... The waiting game of when I'll fall into bandster Hell...... LOL LOL Cynthia

Cynthia - Be sure to let us know how the weigh in went!!

Well I weighed myself at my mothers house last night and I'm up 2lbs since 1/3/08. I just ended TOM and I knew I was able to eat more solid food now that I'm 4 weeks post OP. I'm just shocked a little since I'm really, really watching everything. I think this is just me going from such a small liquid diet to a more solid one and my body needs to adjust. But still I'm disapointed yet I know I'm losing by my clothes, body curves, and softness or dimples forming........ I just HATE scales and I need to remember a scale will not control me or my emotions EVER during this new life of mine... I feel great since my banding and that scale is not going to keep me from feeling like a failure at this point!!! I JUST WON"T