Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone looking to lose 300+?

It's official......I have now lost 302 pounds!!!!!!!! I hadn't weighed since last week and today, I had done it! I'm so excited that I can hardly stand myself! I couldn't wait to get back from our health clinic and tell everyone. See, us formed big folks can kick butt and take names when we put our minds to it!

Haven't been in here in a week or so....party the hell on girl!!!! Awesome.

I went last week for my 11th month check-up and only have 6 to go to hit 200 in the first year....hopefully I will hit 205 lost the first year. That will only leave me with 100 to go, which would be my goal at the end of the second year.

Congrats...I know it must feel good.

Dab

Man Dab, that is great news! I was always a bit of an overachiever including GAINING weight and now it's LOSING the weight. In the first 6 months, I lost 100 pounds but I paid the price. I had a seizure and woke up in the hospital. The seizure was brought on by, get this, I was anorexic. Not sure if I spelled that right or not. I told the doctor he had to be nuts but he said that I was litterally starving myself to death and that a seizure was lucky compared to what could have happened. After that I made sure that I ate and drank my Protein Shakes like I should have all along. After the first year, I had lost 150 pounds. I've been lucky and have never hit a plateau. I'm still losing, slowly, but still losing. Get this.....my doctor actually told me he wanted me to stop losing weight! I made him say it a couple more times because I'd never had a doctor tell me to stop losing weight. I'm hoping for the plastic surgery to get rid of some excess skin and with what they can remove, I'll be below the weight that is recommended for my height. For eveyone that relates and I know you all can, I have clothes in my closet that were a very snug fitting 32. Accent on the word very! I went shopping today and I can wear a size 12 top but still have to get 14 pants because of the fat apron. But what a great feeling to be able to shop anywhere I want to now. I can even wear jeans again and not feel like a sausage stuffed into a casing. It makes me feel so good to have this thread where we can share stories that all of can so understand. Folks, we've all done an awesome job and aren't we lucky to actually be proud to tell people that we've lost 100, 200 and even 300 pounds! You all are so inspiring to me and it just makes this journey so much nicer to have people like everyone on this site cheering us on. Now I think I'll take Dab's advice and go out and party the hell on!

It's official......I have now lost 302 pounds!!!!!!!! I hadn't weighed since last week and today, I had done it! I'm so excited that I can hardly stand myself! I couldn't wait to get back from our health clinic and tell everyone. See, us formed big folks can kick butt and take names when we put our minds to it!

Becky, this is truly amazing! When I get down on how much I have yet to loose and/or that it's taking too long, I will try to remember YOUR success! You are an inspiration!

Becky -

I can only imagine how it must feel going from 469 to 167.....WOW!!

That is loosing almost twice your body weight. :wink2::thumbup:

I hate to even admit this, but my waist was a 68 when I started this journey....now I am into a 50. I kept one pair of pants, one shirt and one belt and have them on a shelf in the closet. The other day I got the pants down and I can literally put both legs into one of the legs of the old pants and hold the other side out all empty. I can't wait to see what it will be like with another 100 gone in a short year.....but it can't be anything compared to losing what you have.

One thing I have noticed more prevelant is vericose veins in my legs. I think I mentioned it in a post before. I go in for the pre-surgery consult the last week of this month and then am having them laser treated the first week of September. A couple on the surface are a good 1/2 in diameter. They used to have to "strip" them, but now go in and laser zap them and they die off. Will feel good on to fronts. First, getting rid of the big ole ropes behind my calfs and my inner thigh....and also it is supposed to clear up pigmentation differences in the lower legs. Apparently there is Iron that is leeched out of the blood to "lighten" the load because of the vericose veins and once they are fixed, the body clenses the area because it can handle the added weight in the vessels again.

We will see, but it is a step in the right direction. The increased risks of blood clots with the vericose veins is the real reason I am taking care of them. I didn't realize the risk was so great until I talked with my physician about them.

Congrats again - you are THE success story in my mind to this point....I hope to match your weight total...but will never be able to touch the percentage. Great Job!

Hi there, I just read your post that you posted back in 08 Jan 15. I am in the same boat you were in ( I am sure that you have lost some weight since then). I have 302-315 to loose and so far I have lost 45 and it is upsetting that I haven't lost more because I feel like I am trying to stick to the rules of a band. I have notice that I still eat the way I did before the band and it is very hard to change it. I have started exercising on regular bases, hope to. Also if you give anysuggestion on what types of food you ate and exercise you did that would be helpful THANKS

I'm going to be banded on January 28th. I have 300 lbs to lose. I am so glad to find someone in the same boat as me. Good Luck.

I have at least 220lbs to lose and I am glad to find someone else in the same situation. I know we are all here with the same common goal to lose weight and I am very thankful to have found this site.

God bless to all.

MEE TOO>>>> I have a lot to loose as well + 200 if possible- I know I need to take it 1 day at a time...

Thanks for the support!

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the site in a long time but I am here now. I had my panniculectomy back in December and they removed 14 pounds of excess skin from my stomach. I also had 2 hernias repaired at the same time and recovery from that surgery was a little rough. I was out of commission for 2 1/2 months but am doing great now. Just to update on my weight loss, I have lost 323 pounds now. I'm hoping to have my thighs done soon and the doctor has estimated about 8 to 10 pounds from each leg so that will put me below my goal weight. I have no fill in my band and without being able to exercise up until this month, I had gained 5 pounds back but when I weigh next week, I hope that's gone. For anyone that has as long a row to hoe as I have, hang in there cause it can be done! It doesn't happen overnight but it does happen! I'm living, accent on living, proof that it can work!

Becky,

My doctor wanted me not to get the lap band because, he said," I weigh too much and will never loose more than 100lbs with it". I told him it was the lap band or nothing!! He finally agreed and I was banded on June 1, 2009. My starting weight was 364lbs and today 340lbs. I am not going to give up!! I am so glad to see stories like yours and everyone else. I am so proud of you!

Keep up the fantastic work!! :thumbup:

Oh Angie that sucks he told you that! I'm glad you went ahead with it! I'm bigger than you and my dr. was very supportive.Looking forward to taking this journey with you!

Wow what an inspiration forum! My highest weight was 458. I've lost 151 lbs and I'm 51 days from my 18 month Bandiversary. I'd like to lose 303lbs. So I'm half way there! It's not easy, but it's doable! Becky is a great inspiration! And so are all the others who have been there!

Like Dab, I have a lot of varicose veins that have suddenly appeared since losing all of this weight. I guess all the fat had them hidden previously.

Has anyone heard if Dad had his varicose veins lasered or not?