Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Little Help for my Dec LBT friends

I am almost 4 weeks out and have not lost a pound in a week. In fact, I have gained and lost the same pound. I read that here over and over and know that it is normal. But I am eating between 1000 and 1200 calories, I am walk/running on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and drinking so much Water I could float. How can I not be losing weight?

Also, I just found out I am not getting my fill until the 12th of February. That is almost a month away. I am SOOOOOO afraid I will lose my momentum and start gaining weight. I really need some support from someone who is going through this or has been through this and has ended up on the other end okay. If I see the scale stay the same or go up again, I think I will crack!!!!!!!:smile::frown::Banane42:

you are not alone . . . my scale hasn't moved hardly at all in 3 weeks . . . I go in on Thursday for a second attempt at getting my first fill - I was supposed to get one on the 2nd . . . and he said to wait. I'm starving .. . eating more than I should even though its the right things . . . exercising and getting generally "unenthused" if that is a word . . . hang in there . . . something has to give at some point . . . all those that went before us are losing weight!

I am experiencing the same thing, the same 2 pounds have come off and gone back on. I was banded on 12/19. I did great until this week. I am getting hungry, but trying not to eat over the alotted amount. I am excersizing more than I have in years. I was afraid I moved the band. I have not had a fill yet, maybe on my appt at the end of the month.

OMG!!! ME TOO. I was banded on 12/26/2007. I lost 17lbs in the 2 weeks pre op but have been gaining and losing the same 2 lbs since then. What Gives??? I'm eating less than 1000 calories per day and walking more than I have in years. I know I wont get a fill until mid Feb. '08...but I don't think I can hold out much longer. I hungry, not just head hunger. HUNGRY.:smile:

If you are hungry then eat. I was hanging onto the same couple of pounds as well and eating less. I finally had enough and started to eat more and guess what, I loss 3 pounds in one week. Remember your body is like an oven, the more fuel you put into it the more it can burn.

Thanks guys. This makes me feel so much better. Let's continue to support each other through this crazy ^** time. Even my surgeon said it was SOO normal. I still don't like it.

I've had my first fill for almost a week and STILL nothing is happening on the scale. I keep looking down and it just keeps sitting in the same spot.

The fill is keeping me fuller longer but I'm still not losing. I'm getting very aggrivated but know that I have to be patient.

Once, about 10 years ago when I was going through a really rough time in my life and I thought that it was NEVER going to get better, someone told me that it took me 3 years to get INTO the mess I was in and so in all honesty I needed to give myself and God at least 1 year to get me out of if. I'm trying to rely on that piece of advice again. It took me over 10 years to get here (granted most of it in the last 4) and so it is only fair that I accept the need to give it time.

I'm debating on the daily weighing thing. My PCP says to weigh daily because then if you go up you're seeing it and doing something about it immediately and that the successful weight patients do this. On the other hand, I know my weight will fluctuate daily and so maybe once a week would be more helpful. I don't have an electronic scale so I don't see tenths of pounds, just pounds. I just don't know....I think I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't.

All in all....I'm stuck. But still working the program. NOT GIVING UP!!!

I am with all of you too. I lost all the 26 lbs before surgery

The week after surgery I bought my first scale and I weighed 350 and every week after that I am at 350 or with in 2lbs of it. I keep trying not to freak out but DAMN I am eatting less then I ever have and I am excercising more. It should be falling off.

but nothing.

My dr said it is normal. we are adjusting to the new eating and our body will catch up.

thankfully I get a fill on the 23rd.

I love this site, I am not alone I was banded on 12/19 samething 18 pds off right away and now I just keep bouncing with in a 2pd up and down. I called today and go this friday for my first fill hope it helps. I to have been exercising more then I ever have 1-2 miles a day. So sounds like we are all in the same boat ,we can do it. patience patience,never been my best friend lol

Your bodies are getting use to the drop in calories and initially have gone into starvation mode - that is they hold onto the calories because they thing there is a famine. Once you start getting some restriction you will start to lose the weight because your body starts to get the signal that it is full and so starts burning up the calories.

Apparently the area that sends messages to your brain when your stomach is full is located at the top of your stomach and that is why when you don't have proper restriction your body is storing up the few calories you are giving it.

This is the explanation I was given - at least it gives hope for the future.

I like that answer. I hope It works for me. Next week is when I get my first fill. I am a little nervious. I am having it done with fluro...I dont know what that really is but he said it would be easier and I should have better restriction this way.

I hope so.

Your bodies are getting use to the drop in calories and initially have gone into starvation mode - that is they hold onto the calories because they thing there is a famine. Once you start getting some restriction you will start to lose the weight because your body starts to get the signal that it is full and so starts burning up the calories.

Apparently the area that sends messages to your brain when your stomach is full is located at the top of your stomach and that is why when you don't have proper restriction your body is storing up the few calories you are giving it.

This is the explanation I was given - at least it gives hope for the future.

This is fabulous to know, thank you so much! Thinking of printing it and putting it on my scale. :cool: I'm stuck too. Less than two weeks before my first fill.

Hi Ladies,

It seems to have worked for me. I had a very small fill last week and have just weighed my self and have lost just under 2kg (about 4 pound) since then - hope this keeps up.

Danna

Then COME ON RESTRICTION!!! I have to admit the longer I am stuck here the harder it is to make good choices. That evil man in my head (and it is definitely a man because a woman would not try to talk me into such horrible things) keeps saying, "Oh you're not losing anyways, why NOT eat the cookie? It can't HURT anything." I keep ignoring it, but the longer I look at the scale sitting in the same spot, the more he sounds correct.

I'm going to do my measurements. I haven't done that yet and after a week, if I haven't lost any poundage, hopefully I'll see it in my measurements. SOMETHING HAS TO MOVE!!!

Yes, we've all been there!! You are normal! You'll notice such a difference just with the first fill. Hang in there.

Lisa