Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help me narrow down mexico surgeon choice

My Daughter and I were banded on Aug 12,08 at the clinic of Dr. Huacuz in Tijuana. Very happy with my experience. remember it's Mexico and not fancy, but very clean and the staff were wonderful! Neither my daughter or I had any complications, or much pain. Would recommend him to anyone he is great! We also did not have to stay in a hotel after surgery since we wanted to recover and extra day.

We both had a fill after surgery day1, and lost 25 lbs to date. Need to get another fill since my appetite seems to be holding me at that number. I guess that's the norm...Dr.Huacuz has a web site and you can use my name if you want to write me with any questions...Cindy northsw54@Yahoo.com

PLEASE ANYONE DO LOTS OF Research on THIS doc before you go !!!

Count yourself lucky you have not had any complications !!!

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL !! I do not say that of many but this one I DO and WILL !!!

Just search this forum !!

Mindy

I'm curious as to your negative comment?? Did you have your surgery by him or just here-say.There were several Americans at his facility when we were there having surgery, and none of them had a bad comment. And some of them were returning pt's having plastic surgery. So why the negative comment?

I'm curious as to your negative comment?? Did you have your surgery by him or just here-say.There were several Americans at his facility when we were there having surgery, and none of them had a bad comment. And some of them were returning pt's having plastic surgery. So why the negative comment?

Research his name on this forum there are FIRST HAND experienes from HIS PATIENTS! I WILL NOT ARGUE W/ YOU about this ALL I stated was BE CAREFUL AND RESEARCH THIS DOC his rep is NOT GOOD. NO HEAR SAY Unless Experiences from HIS PATIENTS are hear say ! HELL I think there are on this thread !

LOOK AROUND on THIS FORUM you can find out .

Mindy

Also , the fact that several americans were there getting surgery means NOTHING. Do you have any idea how many people get this surgery in the US AND Mexico and no NOTHING about the surgeon cutting them open ?

How many of them d. o not research their doc BEFORE They have surgery ?

Their are PLENTY . SO " There were several Americans at this facility and none of them had a bad comment" Means nothing . Honestly , Do you think they would BE There if they KNEW Anything bad ? Well Some do find out bad stuff and go anyway, that's just not smart.

But Just search , if you still find first hand experiences hear say then well that is what it is

Mindy

I had my lapband surgery on July 25, 2008 by Dr. Huacuz. He is awesome and I had the best experience. My husband and I were met at the airport in San Diego by Victor, his driver, and from the moment we were picked up to the surgery, aftercare, etc. Dr. Huacuz and staff were excellent. He did a great job and I'd recommend him to anyone. I read some of the negative things that were said about him by certain people on this site and after my experience with him, I'd recommend him to anyone. I felt 100% safe in his hands.

I had my lapband surgery on July 25, 2008 by Dr. Huacuz. He is awesome and I had the best experience. My husband and I were met at the airport in San Diego by Victor, his driver, and from the moment we were picked up to the surgery, aftercare, etc. Dr. Huacuz and staff were excellent. He did a great job and I'd recommend him to anyone. I read some of the negative things that were said about him by certain people on this site and after my experience with him, I'd recommend him to anyone. I felt 100% safe in his hands.

Funny how this is your first post and you have been a member since may of 08 ! Dr H's "Patients" tend to come out of the wood work to defend him yet they are no where around posting day to day routines like others.

But Like i said RESEARCH !!!

Mindy

HAHAHA

Not to disrespect anybody but she is right. I never ever took a "I love Dr. X" if it was their first post. Most of the time you have been here a while and were posting well before you got the band. That is just me. We all know that these docs hired interns or whatever to blast these and other boards with good words.

She is right do your research. I bugged the crap out of my Doc before I went down. I also brought the best nurse in the world with me...my mother and if she said the "this isn't right" word we were out of there no questions asked. I am very lucky to have that wild card in my corner. I NEVER would recommend to anyone to go alone. Heck even in the states I would not recommend that. However, that is just me, I know people do fine on their own but I wouldn't recommend that to everyone.

Good luck with your searches and journeys!

Thanks for your POSITIVE comments about Dr Huacuz...I agree that you should not ever go alone anytime your at at hospital Mexico or USA. I'am an RN and you can never have 100% guarantee that your surgery will be perfect. I'm just saying my daughter and I had a wonderful experience, and if anyone is thinking about having surgery in Mexico just do a lot of research--wouldn't you do that in the States??

And here we have a total of 7 posts and i bet nearly all of them are to sign Haucuez' praises . Hummmm. :sad::lol::)

HAHAHA

Not to disrespect anybody but she is right. I never ever took a "I love Dr. X" if it was their first post. Most of the time you have been here a while and were posting well before you got the band. That is just me. We all know that these docs hired interns or whatever to blast these and other boards with good words.

!

And the doc we are speaking of is one that does it HIMSELF !!!!

I went to Monterry Mexico and so did two of my relatives. We all did great. The doctors and hospital were great. I haven't heard anything bad about them. There site is Ready4Achange.com and the people who talk to you have been banded and are really nice. Paid 8500.00 and I paid my own airfare since I had miles to use. I have a leak now and am going to have to have mine redone so I might go back there since I don't have insurance. I see Dr Byars in Oxford, MS for fills so I'm going to see what his charge is and then make my decision. I went to Monterry in the first place because of all of the positive feedback that I got on Dr. Sanchez. Sadly Dr. Sanchez has died but the other surgeons are carrying on just as he did so I would not worry about going back there.

I don't know without a floro check. Dr Byars in Oxford, MS does my fills and he said if the fill I just had doesn't hold he will do a floro check to see what is going on. It won't matter what caused it I will have to have it fixed. I have read that it could be a defect but I could just hang it up trying to get the company to pay for anything but you never know. I just don't know what it will cost to have it done here until I go back next week for the check. I emailed Ready4Achange on the cost but I haven't heard back yet. It has been 2 yrs since I was banded so it may be something else.

Congrats on your successful surgery. I am considering Dr. Ortiz if I find that my insurance won't pay to have it done locally. I used to live in Rome, GA and taught at Floyd Jr. College - just thought I'd say Hi!

Hello,

I had my lap band surgery on October 17th by Dr. Ortiz. I would do it all over again. He was wonderful. The staff was friendly and very attentive. I felt safe and secure in Mexico. I am now almost 3 weeks post opt now and things are progressing just fine. So far I'm down 25 pounds and looking forward to my first fill. I hope this helps. Going to Mexico was a good choice for me. Don't be afraid. Surgery for me was a breeze. You can email anytime you want at shadowland1026@yahoo.com I'll answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,

Diane