Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loose skin???!!?!?!?!

I am curious to know about the "twenties" chicks that have been banded what's ur sking like now ... is it really better than people older than us?? I asked this question to everyone before but now since we have our own age category thats even better! Since I am 20 I am hoping that my skin will suck right back into place. But if I am wrong please tell me. Of course I have a gut and I dont want the skin to hang from where it will once used to be. ;)

i feel u on this question! i am hoping i will snap back into place lol....i just got banded on wedensday so ive only lost 5 lbs lol, but i will soooo let u know how my skin is lookin!

Depending on your original starting weight I think and where you carry your weight.

My girl friend had Gastric Bypass in her late twenties - she was about 330'ish before surgery , granted gastric you lose weight faster so that probably has something to do with it too, but she definitely does have some loose skin around her midsection and "bat wing arms" as well as some loose skin on her thighs. However, she is not going to have plastic surgery anytime soon.

Loose skin is inevitable I think.

yEAH ... I guess so ... and I expect some ... but I have heard since we are having the band and we loose it more gradually skin is less loose... it has some time to catch up more than with bypass or any others.

Yep, after almost 100 pounds gone, I'm hanging all over. Its not bad enough anywhere other than my tummy to consider surgery though, its just not taught like some of my non-previously-obese 29 year old counterparts is, I imagine. I'm going to ask my surgeon for a referral to a PS when I see him later this month to find out how much a Tummy Tuck will cost.

The loose skin really depends on how long your skin has been stretched for. I've been overweight my whole life so I know I'm going to have lots of loose skin. I was just banded a few days ago but I lost 50lbs pre-op and I can see the skin sagging already...yippidy do!

Someone on another thread mentioned body wraps as a way of tightening loose skin. I don't know anything about them other than what the website says, which is sure to be positive. When I get there (haven't been banded yet) I think I'll try this before surgery just in case it works. Anyone had experience with this??:)

Someone on another thread mentioned body wraps as a way of tightening loose skin. I don't know anything about them other than what the website says, which is sure to be positive. When I get there (haven't been banded yet) I think I'll try this before surgery just in case it works. Anyone had experience with this??:smile:

I had a body wrap a few times by a friend who is a massage therapist. I don't know if it actually tightens the skin. I think what she told me is the wrap shrinks the fat cells in your body. I wonder if it does tighten the skin at the same time?

I don't think wraps do anything permanent-- I believe they are more of a dehydration thing.

Personally, my skin is getting disgusting. I'm hoping it improves, but quite frankly if things keep up at this rate my plan is that It can all "hang" around for a couple of years until I have a baby, then my body is getting some major plastics.

My upper arms I knew were going to be bad. But I didn't think I would get actual skin folds at this stage. Do you know what I mean? The loose skin now actually creases when my arms are down at my sides. Oh so not good looking, and maybe I need to work on some sort of serious weight lifting routine or something, because while I might be getting stronger at the gym, there is no one anyone could ever tell looking at me. And I swear that for every pilates class I go to, I get more jiggle in the thigh. I recently purchased a svelt belt for daily wear because all my tops just look odd now, due to the wierd shilouette of my deflating upper spare tire. And my lower belly gets lower!

My husband is wonderful about it. I will look in the mirror and whine. I'll say, but I'm down in sizes! Or But its looks so much worse! And he reassures me its loose skin and that the loose skin is just because I'm losing weight and toning up, etc, and can be fixed eventually.

My doctor said she went to a conference over the summer on weight and a study presented said regular massages can really help with the loose skin issue. It helps skin retain its elasticity and so forth-- or something along those lines. Microderm abrasion and things like that dont help with it because it has to be that deep pressure massage. So I figure I might try getting some massages, I was going to do that for my shoulder blades anyway at the community college (they have a program) and try massaging sagging bits of myself other than my back at home.

My doctor said she went to a conference over the summer on weight and a study presented said regular massages can really help with the loose skin issue. It helps skin retain its elasticity and so forth-- or something along those lines. Microderm abrasion and things like that dont help with it because it has to be that deep pressure massage. So I figure I might try getting some massages, I was going to do that for my shoulder blades anyway at the community college (they have a program) and try massaging sagging bits of myself other than my back at home.

What a great excuse to say you need a massage! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I like that I idea!

i've lost 26kgs which works out to about 57lbs and i find that my skin has been fine except the "bingo" arms... but i have been using light weights to tone them up and they are getting better...

i also started taking supplements called "silica compound" which is great for the skin and hair (i found my hair was thining a bit) and i can definitely see a great improvement in my skins elasticity and my hair looks much healthier and thicker!

my man boobs look like a 80 year old grandmas...loose skin is going to happen.

Forgive me, but you are hilarious, I love the humor.

When I lost 100 pounds 5 years ago by starving (i lost it in about a year) i toned up alot by circuit training at this place called shapes

(like a curves, ugh, I used to work there, they so money-hungry). And I had no loose skin at all.

(Although I did gain that weight back, and then some, it was cause i did it wrong, duh, I was all about image, doing whatever it took to be accepted, when I was thin, I still wasn't!) Now I'm older, wiser and much happier, working on losing weight for health, to live for my family. (Such a foriegn idea back then).

So I think, "skin happens", is a good outlook, I just hope I o not look like the saggy baggy elephant this time around! ( you remember him?!?)

After having a baby, I was shocked to see I had a lower belly that stuck out farther than my butt, eek, TMI, I know! And if it kills me enough that I want to pay about $10,000 for a Tummy Tuck instead of buying a house, or something really awesome for my family...well, forget it, I wouldn't o that anyways.

i've lost 26kgs which works out to about 57lbs and i find that my skin has been fine except the "bingo" arms... but i have been using light weights to tone them up and they are getting better...

i also started taking supplements called "silica compound" which is great for the skin and hair (i found my hair was thining a bit) and i can definitely see a great improvement in my skins elasticity and my hair looks much healthier and thicker!

what are these silica compounds and where do i get them?