Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting BMI over 50? come on in!

Hi all!

It's been so long since I have posted on here. Things have just been so crazy for me lately and it never fails I get distracted and I start to fall away from my support groups and not doing what I am suppossed to be doing to stay on track with my eating and exercising. Now I am just over a year out and I am still not doing what I need to do all the time and I get so discouraged with myself.

But I am looking forward to logging on here more often to help get my spirits up. I feel like I am carrying around a hugh weight on my shoulders because I have stopped eating right and losing weight. Not to mention I am having a hard time SLEEPING...I get on average only 3 hours sleep each night. It has gotten so bad my doctor has prescribed me some Ambien CR but in the last 4 months I have only gotten up the nerve to take it 2 times. I am so afraid of becoming dependant upon sleeping pills for sleep. Not to mention on top of all this I have been at a "plateau" for the last 3 months and really need to be back on track with my weight loss again.

I am not even at the half way mark yet, and it is just too soon to stop losing already, it has only been 14 months since surgery.

Well I hope everyone else is doing well!

But my heavens you have lost 100 lbs in such a short time! How wonderful. You are going in the right direction.

Banded 09-29-2008

Lost 49 lbs, 95 to go!

Thanks... I guess it has been pretty good so far.

Catching my breath and stopping in for the winter... How is everyone? I have soooo missed being on here. The feeling of health is amazing. I can do sooo much more than I could before. I have even... get this... enjoyed exercise on occasion. You can/will all get there.

Mazie and Apple

You both are such an inspiration to me!!! I'm getting banded in two days--March 16,09. My starting BMI was 55. I was told by the psychologist that the most I could expect to lose is about 87 lbs. Please tell me the secrets to your successes.

Edited by aimtowin
added a person

Yes...Please tell us how you did it. I am having a really difficult time right now. I have regained about ten pounds. I was banded in Sept. 2007. Last time I went to the doctor, I got a fill. It just doesn't seem to work anymore and I am enjoying the freedom to eat too much. I have 4 cc in a 10 cc band and there is no control at all. I have no built in control, that is why I got the band in the first place. I know, I know, go back to the doc and get another fill. I just can't seem to get myself to do it right now. I don't like to leave my house, (it is hard for me to get around) and I just moved to a different house...everything is pretty much in an uproar right now. I wish you luck with your surgery and your new band. Take care....bev

Yes...Please tell us how you did it. I am having a really difficult time right now. I have regained about ten pounds. I was banded in Sept. 2007. Last time I went to the doctor, I got a fill. It just doesn't seem to work anymore and I am enjoying the freedom to eat too much. I have 4 cc in a 10 cc band and there is no control at all. I have no built in control, that is why I got the band in the first place. I know, I know, go back to the doc and get another fill. I just can't seem to get myself to do it right now. I don't like to leave my house, (it is hard for me to get around) and I just moved to a different house...everything is pretty much in an uproar right now. I wish you luck with your surgery and your new band. Take care....bev

The band is just a tool... you still have to do the work... healthy food choices, exercise, and most of all.. you have to get fills when you know you need one.

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!

You have to want good health and a slimmer body more than you want the food.

Hey Bev.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I gained 7 pounds and I knew it was because I was able to eat way more then I should. I also was eating more knowing I was going to go for a fill. The fill was great becasue I lost the 7 pounds and 6 more! So go get the fill! Hang in there you just need the fill to help you out. I am worried becuase I have a 10 cc band BUT the Dr said t only holds 4 cc's and I am at 3. She said they have never had a person who needed a fill and there was no room left to fill. I sure hope I am not the first! Anyway hang in there get your fill! and start writing down what you are eating. You can do this!

Best Wishes!

Hi Everyone

I have been banded for just over 13 months. I have lost 95 pounds and I have been doing great. I feel different already. My BMI has gone fron 74 to 58 and thats an awesome feeling. I am back in here as I was assaulted at work a month ago and I have massive issues with my band and looks like I will be getting a new friend. The last 4 weeks with constant throwing up, heart burn and horrible pains have been awful and I am so scared about starting this journey again. BUT!!!! i have been extremely re inspired by you all already and look forward to sharing my journey in here with you all

Kygie, I am so sorry about your assualt. I hope you have seen your doctor. They know best. You are doing great. Keep up the good work and get help! Dot

Hi Everyone

I have been banded for just over 13 months. I have lost 95 pounds and I have been doing great. I feel different already. My BMI has gone fron 74 to 58 and thats an awesome feeling. I am back in here as I was assaulted at work a month ago and I have massive issues with my band and looks like I will be getting a new friend. The last 4 weeks with constant throwing up, heart burn and horrible pains have been awful and I am so scared about starting this journey again. BUT!!!! i have been extremely re inspired by you all already and look forward to sharing my journey in here with you all

Dear Kygie

I´m so sorry about your assault, and for all the problems you have had to endure. Welcome back here, and please let us know if there is a way we can best support you.

Mazie and Apple

You both are such an inspiration to me!!! I'm getting banded in two days--March 16,09. My starting BMI was 55. I was told by the psychologist that the most I could expect to lose is about 87 lbs. Please tell me the secrets to your successes.

Hi Everyone

Thank you!!!

I know it is possible to lose more than that if you are determined enough. I have lost 101 lbs and even though I have hit a plataeu for the last 4 months I have not been discouraged enough to give up. I just remind myself everyday that I can do this anytime I am ready to get back on track.

Not to mention I am contemplating getting another fill. The last time I got a fill was Sept. 2008 and then the doc felt I was at my max fill unless I lost some weight or something changed.

Well I definitely think things have changed some seeing as I can eat about 2-3 cups of food at one sitting. Just remember you have the control with the band, and with your eating no one else.

I have a barium xray this morning and even that liquid pooled in my pouch and wouldnt go down for about 10 mins. It prooves that my friend is definately not doing its job anymore. I see the surgeon tomorrow to see what needs to be done next....This is just all overwhelming

thank you so much for all the support

xoxo

I have a barium xray this morning and even that liquid pooled in my pouch and wouldn't go down for about 10 mins. It proves that my friend is definitely not doing its job anymore. I see the surgeon tomorrow to see what needs to be done next....This is just all overwhelming

thank you so much for all the support. xoxo

Glad they figured out what was wrong and hope the surgeon has an acceptable plan for you! Need to get you back on track. I'm having trouble with PBing, sliming, etc the past two days. I have never had too much of a problem with this, but had a fill done 3 weeks ago and somewhat tighter since then, especially the last two days. My papaya isn't working. Have to pull out the big guns.... pineapple juice. Hope I have some! Otherwise, will try a cup of tea. Spent most of last night sitting up on the couch. Don't want to do that again tonight!

Hugs to you... keep us posted!

Speaking of fills... I have been debating on whether or not to go get a fill. I feel like I am eating too much at any given meal. Now don't get me wrong I'm not sitting there eating 2 plates of food or anything like I used to pre-lapband. However, I can eat probably around 3 cups of food at one sitting and I get hungry again about 1.5 hours later. To the point where my stomach starts growling at me. I try to hold off as long as I can to eat again. But I know that only 4 months ago even .5 of cc's was too much and they had to take it right back out. The doc said at that time I was probably at my max fill. Is it possible that I might be in need of a slight more bit of a fill only 4 months later even if I haven't lost any weight in the last 4 months? Any thoughts???

Well wednesday 1pm is the day!!!!

they are replacing the band totally as it has slipped down horrendously and my pouch is almost as big as my stomach grrrrrr

Im so nervous but I can't live like this any longer

thank you so much for the support!!!