Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

starting BMI over 50? come on in!

Well wednesday 1pm is the day!!!!

they are replacing the band totally as it has slipped down horrendously and my pouch is almost as big as my stomach grrrrrr

Im so nervous but I can't live like this any longer

thank you so much for the support!!!

The good thing is they can fix it and will and you will be able to go back to losing this weight! Try not to be nervous everything will be fine!

Best Wishes!

Speaking of fills... I have been debating on whether or not to go get a fill. I feel like I am eating too much at any given meal. Now don't get me wrong I'm not sitting there eating 2 plates of food or anything like I used to pre-lapband. However, I can eat probably around 3 cups of food at one sitting and I get hungry again about 1.5 hours later. To the point where my stomach starts growling at me. I try to hold off as long as I can to eat again. But I know that only 4 months ago even .5 of cc's was too much and they had to take it right back out. The doc said at that time I was probably at my max fill. Is it possible that I might be in need of a slight more bit of a fill only 4 months later even if I haven't lost any weight in the last 4 months? Any thoughts???

I havent been on in a long time...because I havent been the best bandster in my eyes...but I keep reminding myself I am not gaining and that is a victory to me.

BUT I was eatting more then I should be able to and I went in for my fill apt and he couldnt put ANY in without me choking on the Water so he had to take the fill back out...we figured out that morning fills are not good for me. I have to have a fill in the afternoon. It is the only way for me to get a fill. So now I just need to learn to eat correctly again.:P

I keep forgetting that I dont need the food I want.:biggrin: Because if I try it is just a waste of food. and I end up stuck...

Hi, all, I am struggling with eating things I shouldn't right now and my weight is going up and down 1 to 3 lbs. I know I need to be strong, but there are so many things that tempt me right now. Stress is high as I have my daughter back home going to beauty school. We took out a loan for her to go and I am worried she will not follow through. I have always been such an anxious eater! It is good to be able to write this down and talk to you all, thanks, Dot

Banded 9-29-2008

Highest weight: 350

Present weight: 283

Lowest: 279 (last week!)

Some of you seem to be struggling!

C'mon, gang! We've GOTTA stick with it!

We have more of a challenge than most, but we can't get discouraged, lose heart, and run out of steam!

It's a long haul, but WE CAN DO THIS!!

Small portions, healthy choices, follow the bandster rules!

Are you using small plates???

.... I use a saucer for Breakfast, luncheon plate for dinner, small glass pyrex bowl for lunch salad.

Use small utensils... I bought toddler forks/spoons in the baby department at Wal-Mart.

That will slow you down and force you to take smaller bites.

And CHEW, CHEW, CHEW!!

Eat slowly... put your fork down between bites.

NO DRINKING with meals.

PROTEIN FIRST, then veggies, avoid starches... only occasionally. I only allow myself Pasta, rice or potatoes maybe twice a week and in very small amounts. My doctor says 1/2 cup servings... okay, I probably eat a cup at lunch and dinner. I eat a lot of fish, sometimes even three times a day.

We buy artificial crab and it goes in my morning eggbeaters omelet and in my salad at lunchtime.

Meat/fish potions should be no more than 4 oz. Size of a deck of cards.

Our lives literally depend on our success!

Get back on track!

YOU ARE WORTH IT!

Thanks Phil What I really need is to have someone who is working it right to have meals with. So I can see when I am suposed to stop and how to best eat.

Thanks Phil What I really need is to have someone who is working it right to have meals with. So I can see when I am suposed to stop and how to best eat.

Hi Cerrin,

Phil has a lot of good points! Are you able to eat that much in one sitting? In the morning I am lucky if I can get 3/4 of an egg down. I eat about a half of a 6 oz yogurt and maybe a slice of cheese later on. I get full pretty fast most times. Once in a while which I don't understand I can eat a good amount(for me at least) The other night I went out to dinner and I was sitting there watching people around me eat big bites and eat bread and all kinds of stuff and I was having a "woe is me" moment. When that happens I remind myself how misrable I was, and how I could bearly walk long enough to even go shopping. The probelm for me is I forget where I was and how far I have come! You can do this one day at a time one step at a time. Do you drink enough liquids? When you feel hurgry maybe you are just thirsty. Like Phil said NEVER drink liquids during dinner and not for at least an hour after you eat, and NEVER have carbonated beverages!

Good Luck!

Yeah I need to stop the carbonated beverages again...My Dr said it was ok...so I have had them now I cant stop...I need to go cold turkey like before surgery. I am working tax season and it is so easy to have them at work. the first job it is not that big of a deal...but the second job makes me want to drink....carbonated drinks. lol

I cant really eat in the morning...but about lunch time I can eat a ton...I dont drink when I eat. I am very good at that. But I dont think I am drinking enough thru out the day...I am going to try to make sure I am getting enough Water in maybe that will help kill the caffeen addiction I am having.

Hi everyone,

Its 8 days since they repostioned my band. They had to cut through stomach muscles to get to it so I have been alot sorer than I would of liked. I am angry and frustrated as I am fighting the mental anguish of this having to be done from an assault at work. I have an infection in one of my wounds so its being a slow run but i'll get there. This has made me more determined to succeed than eva though. To lose this much weight in a lifetime seems unreal but equally attainable, you wouldnt be human to fall of track sometimes. It's about learning to believe in yourself ahhhh if only i can learn to take my own advice.

Good luck guys n gals even though I don't know any of you personally you are all a huge part of my journey to healthiness!!!!!

xoxoxox

Hi everyone,

Its 8 days since they repostioned my band. They had to cut through stomach muscles to get to it so I have been alot sorer than I would of liked. I am angry and frustrated as I am fighting the mental anguish of this having to be done from an assault at work. I have an infection in one of my wounds so its being a slow run but i'll get there. This has made me more determined to succeed than eva though. To lose this much weight in a lifetime seems unreal but equally attainable, you wouldnt be human to fall of track sometimes. It's about learning to believe in yourself ahhhh if only i can learn to take my own advice.

Good luck guys n gals even though I don't know any of you personally you are all a huge part of my journey to healthiness!!!!!

xoxoxox

Hi Ky,

Glad to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear you are going through all this. Did they catch the person that did this to you? I KNOW you will do well and I and hoping you will be feeling much better VERY soon!

Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing!

Best Wishes,

Hi Ann

I was actually assaulted by a client at work. I work in Menal health and she had a meltdown that resulted in me being assaulted for 45 mins before help arrived. She is a very sick lady work didnt protect me very well so here i sit with a repositioned band and a fractured wrist.

I just can't wait to hit that sweet spot and get going again

you are a true inspiration!!!!!!

xoxoxox

Hi Ann

I was actually assaulted by a client at work. I work in Menal health and she had a meltdown that resulted in me being assaulted for 45 mins before help arrived. She is a very sick lady work didnt protect me very well so here i sit with a repositioned band and a fractured wrist.

I just can't wait to hit that sweet spot and get going again

you are a true inspiration!!!!!!

xoxoxox

Hi Ky,

My goodness I will say they sure didn't protect you! Holy Cow 45 mins! That is just awful!

You WILL hit the sweet spot, just give it time. When can they give you a fill? you are down 95 pounds already! Thats a HUGE step!!!! I sure hope your wrist and everything else feel better real soon!!!!!!!!!!

Best Wishes!!xoxo

Hi Hi

just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Im still feeling rather slow but getting there slowly. I hope you are all doing well.

xoxox

Hi Hi

just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Im still feeling rather slow but getting there slowly. I hope you are all doing well. xoxox

Hi,

Doing great in my part of the world. Weight loss is slow but steady and I just keep plodding along.

Ky,

I am new to this thread and to lapbandtalk.com. I will be banded on April 23rd, 09. After reading what happened to you at work, it made me stop and think about what my husband has been so worried about. I work with young children (preschool and kindergarten ages) and they sometimes get aggressive. I often come home with bruises. I don't think anything of it because I love my work. Could you tell me if what happened to you and your band was caused by mere hitting, and outside influences? Or was there a weapon involved? I plan on returning to work after only two days.

I love your quote about the butterfly!

hey 4luci

Please don't be worried. I was assaulted by a 35 year old woman who was totally psychotic. She had a massive meltdown. I was kicked in the stomach 8 times and had bruises larger than my fist, but i was so swallon it was a combination between the assault the swelling, the stress and throwing up constantly that did it. This really was a freak thing!!!!!

I love my band it is completely worth everything!! I have lost over 50kg and feel amazing.

I have a young son who has ASD ADHD and language nad uditory processing disorders. He can become very abuse but I have never been worried about the band. It is for most purposes quite secure up in there.

I have had my repositioning and I couldnt of gone back to work until now but I havent recovered that great. Some people recover amazingly well and are back to work in a few days

Good luck hun and keep us posted