Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

Thanks Wishes4444! I needed that. I'm leaning towards the on line and working with the coworker but I'm still not going to tell her about the band because I don't like drama. I have a tendency to keep my private life seperate from personal and only talked to her about it because it's an at work program that they offered us.

If I could afford it, I would definitely do it. Even though you have the band, there are still times a little help and encouragement would help me stay on track. The band might help with the physical eating limitations, but the "head" part is still hard. Seems like this would help with some of the psycological issues.

Thanks candy, you are so right! I'm convinced that it is a step in the right direction. I am going to sign up for the 3 month on line plan to see if I like it and if I do and want to continue then I will sign up for the one year. This is a program that my job participates in daily. They try to promote healthy living. The do a lot of challenges like Water challenges and walking, weight loss, etc and I generally try to participate in them.

WW helps to re-inforce the type of eating we need to be successful at maintenance, not just as weight loss, so learning those skills is helpful now and later.

Teaches Portion Control by weighing and measuring and tracking. I say go for it!

Just one thought popped into my mind after I posted. A recent study on weight loss was posted in our local paper approx. a month ago and it found the most successful weight loss was the personal contact with people with the same issues. Web support came in very low for consistant weight loss over a period of time. Another thought to ponder. But whatever, good luck you have some great goals. Doddie

Thanks to you all! My coworker that does the on line weight watchers asked me had I decided and I told her I will do it along with her. If you know of a site that offers the on line tracking and meal information for free let me know as I can use my money to buy me a new pair of black capris that I want since I gave all my clothes from last summer away.

I almost forgot to tell you about the meeting yesterday when I was there a couple of the girls sitting near me had started talking about the lapband and I just listened, I didn't say a word. They said that they actually thought about getting it. One of them said they knew a lady that had the surgery and that she was doing okay that she hadn't lost a lot of weight. I could tell by the way they were talking that they didn't really grasp the idea that you have to work with the band that the weight isn't just going to melt off and none of them even mentioned anything about exercise. I've had to learn the hard way that I have to exercise to see result as I don't eat a lot anyway (probably around 5 ounces of food per meal).

Hi: There are two sites: Fitday.com which I use. You enter your starting weight and as you lose you re entre your weight. The site has charts, graphs, and wonderful journal, etc. I found searching for food that I ate a bit difficult. I could only get products they have listed. But they do offer you the availability of setting up your own food items. It takes a bit of time, but once you have them the charting of your food takes no time at all.

The other one is: Sparkpeople.com. I like them as well. Try both and see which one you like.

Doddie

Thanks Doddie,

I am currently trying to set up an account with sparkpeople. I am navigating through it, but it is hard to try to list my foods that I eat as I don't eat the portions size nor the food they have listed. I am going to try it for a couple of days to give it a chance before I sign up for Weight watchers on line.

Try fitday.com. I have used both but most people I know use Fitday.com The foods are easier to find and you get a drop down menu with the amounts. You can even change the amounts to fractions. Doddie

I had an argument with DH last night and I found out some disturbing news, I think he is jealous of my weight loss. He was actually trying to say that I am working out (which I've been doing faithfully for 3 weeks now) that I am trying to lose weight for a guy. How absurd is that? I got so mad, all I could think of is how dare he say that my weightloss is in vain. We had this argument in front of my father which lead me to confessing to my dad that I am banded (he told me my secret is safe with him) but my thing is why would my husband even say that. My dad quickly corrected my him but DH was way out of line on that one.

I think he is jealous that he and every one else can tell the guy finds me attractive, but mind you I'm married and I'm not lookin for love I'm already in love with (DH) so why would he say something like that to me. Granted I like to hear that I look good just like the next woman but to say that I

The whole thing really hurt me bad and has also empowered me at the same because I was already determined to lose 40 pounds by August but now I know that I am really going to lose it because I will always think about his dumbness and fight the head hungers and whatever else that comes my way.

I also think that matters are only going to get worse because as a plus size woman I always got the DIVA comment from men and still made their heads turn but I guess when I lose the 40 pounds my husband is going to go insane with jealousy. What am I going to do? I know I'm going to loss the weight but does that mean I'm going to lose my marriage. I thought my marriage was strong how can this be happening? This thing has thrown me. :rolleyes2:

luvinke: I know what you are saying. My DH has just recently started pushing food at me saying I am not eating enough to feed a sparrow. I can only surmise, they feel threatened by the new you and me that is emerging. They want the fat comfortably always reliable gal back. We however, are preening and enjoying the new taste of smaller sizes and feeling more confident with ourselves. Well my attitude is "get used to it, guys, here I come". Doddie

Thanks Doddie, I thought is was just me. I mean he was so supportive in the beginning well even up until the weekend, but now that he sees I am determined to get myself together he is losing it. I'm trying to get to onederland and I will with or without his support. I go for a fill on Friday so I'm happy.

He's just seeing the new you emerge, and it's probably a little intimidating to him. Men are insecure, but don't want to admit it. You just need to give him a little extra TLC and make sure he knows how you feel about him. At the same time, I would still continue with my own personal goals for weight loss. You just need to reassure him that you are doing this for YOU and not for someone else. He will come around.

Thanks Candy! I'll give it a shot. I already think he is a little to spoiled as it is. Why must there be so much drama?