Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

Welcome Becca, Hello Bandmates!

You are not alone in your exercise attempts. I need some more motivation to get me through it daily. I love the walking one mile in home workout but I haven't been able to get past 2 evenings a week. I have a husband and two kids so when I get off in the evening I have to prepare dinner. I've even tried cooking double meets and larger sides and vegetables to allow me a day or two off from cooking to workout but somehow it just isn't working. I am trying to reassure myself that as of today I will drink either a shake or smoothie for my Breakfast, eat at least two pieces of fruit a day and walk one mile at least 5 days a week.

Why is this exercise thing so hard for me? The walking show only takes 19 minutes to do one mile and it makes me sweat so what is my problem? I really need to exercise, I want to get these numbers down. I was banded in June of 2008 and my numbers are still way off. I think I need a fill so I guess I will try to call my Doctor's office today. Wish me luck as I am going to try to buckle down today.

Luvinke, I believe you have probably said this at one point but you and I are at pretty much exactly the same point! I was also banded in June 07 (I believe that is what you meant, not 08!) and have lost only 29 pounds to date. But the slower the weight comes off, the easier it is to keep it off! And we'll have less hanging skin...lol! Just keep truckin! Every little goal we achieve is a step in the right direction! I think it's good that you have set those goals for yourself. Starting out small and building up is what will get us to our ultimate goal! I feel your pain! I have a family to cook for as well when I get home and believe me, they don't let me forget to cook when they're hungry!! Can you go for a walk by yourself after dinner? I know it helps me relax to have some alone time after a hectic day and a demanding family! I know you use a walking video but maybe you can go outside and walk especially now that the weather is getting nicer! It's very peaceful!

NJ girl - just listen to yourself giving advice!!! You are doing SO well. You've come a long way from a couple of weeks ago!!!

I think you chose the right dress. Can't wait to see the new pics you will post after the wedding!!! I know you will look AWESOME!

I think you chose the right dress too. That dress looks so good on you!

Thanks Candy! You're absolutely right! I guess it's kind of funny to look back and see how depressed and ready to give up I was not too long ago. It's easy to give someone advice and help them get through something when you've been there yourself. I know how it feels to be discouraged. And if I can lift someone up the way you girls have lifted me up, it's all worth it! Thank you too Denise! It feels so good to get those kind of compliments. And I promise to try to get more pictures up after the wedding. It may be a while what with all the honeymoon stuff!! :huh2: But I will get them up eventually!

Becca, I was banded in June 07 and have lost only half of what you loss (29 pounds). Believe me, you have great weight loss compared to a lot of us on here. I don't even know if you would qualify as a slow loser! But we're happy to have you with us all the same! :huh2:

Yes she is actually doing quite well....i'm approaching a year in May and haven't hit 40#'s yet. I keep getting alot of compliments from family and friends and they always ask...so how much more have you lost lately and usually the answer is...nothing. LOL I seem to be like Denise and lose it is large chunks (right after a fill) and then NOTHING for months at a time, but without the band I would probably still be carrying around that 39#'s and another 20-30 on top of that after a year at the rate I was going....

Oh yeah, I would hate to see what I would weigh by now. I was working out at the gym 6 days a week and gaining every week. I honestly don't even know how that was possible.

I'm so thankful that I can say I'm going DOWN now. For so long I only went up. It may be going slower than I wanted it to, but at least its GOING!!! (going, going, GONE!)

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the support NJ! I'm doing better today. I wish I could get outside to walk but it rains at least 4 to 5 days out of the week. The sun is not suppose to shine until Sunday.

Yes she is actually doing quite well....i'm approaching a year in May and haven't hit 40#'s yet. I keep getting alot of compliments from family and friends and they always ask...so how much more have you lost lately and usually the answer is...nothing. LOL I seem to be like Denise and lose it is large chunks (right after a fill) and then NOTHING for months at a time, but without the band I would probably still be carrying around that 39#'s and another 20-30 on top of that after a year at the rate I was going....

I know what you mean. When my family and friends ask me that I always seem to say "nothing" as well. It makes me feel like a failure sometimes, but hopefully that will change soon! It's true what you say, though. I would be a lot worse off if it weren't for the band!

That's why I never told anyone that I got the band. I went to dinner with some friends not long ago, and finally told them about it. They said "I thought you did it by yourself" I was completely offended. I

was exercising 6 days a week for 3 years before I got the band. Since I have gotten the band, it's no different really than being on another diet.

If I choose to eat candy Cookies cake, etc, I still would have not lost the weight, band or no band.

I never told any of my family or friends either because people can be so critical. The only people that know are my husband and my kids and that's because they were there with me when I made the decision to change my life. People dont understand that we still have to put in the work that the band is just a tool that helps us along the way.

Remember last week when I was so upset because my doctor didn't inform me about what to do after three months on my fills? Found out today that I WAS APPROVED by insurance. They will cover me from April 2008 - March 2009 for any fills / dr. visits and all I have to pay is my $15 copay.

THANKS for all the encouragements and well wishes and support!!!

After reading all the threads, I guess this is were I belong I had my surgery 10/03/07. I have only lose 21 lb I'm so upset, because I though by now I would have lose more weight than this by now, would someone please give me some good new.

candy, that is great news!

Cassie, you need to give us more details. Are you exercising and counting calories?

After reading all the threads, I guess this is were I belong I had my surgery 10/03/07. I have only lose 21 lb I'm so upset, because I though by now I would have lose more weight than this by now, would someone please give me some good new.

Welcome. More info would help for us to give suggestions. What size band do you have? Do you know how much fill is in it? Do you track your calories and daily Protein? Was any of the weight you lost from a pre-surgery diet? Do you wait one hour after eating before drinking?

Your band doesn't give the full benefits until it is filled to the right level for you. A small portion of solid protein ( like 2 to 4 oz) should keep you full for about 4 hours, when your band is adjusted properly).

I'm sue with more info, you'll get lots of suggestions from people on the forum.