Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

I guess we got moved. We have a new spot on the main page where it will

be easier for people to find the rest of the slow losers.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Hi I was banded Feb. 01/07. on Jan. 1 pre op I was 303 and on todays date I am 250. My average weight loss has been .85 lbs per week whether I exercise or not. I feel under pressure because I am not loosing the required 2 lbs per week but just can't seem to improve without getting a fill. I am not an exercise fan so know that I would never sustain an exercise program over time so try to balance my food intake with a bit of exercise. It is frustrating to exercise for 30 minutes on the treadmill and use only 170 calories so I say to myself why bother. Does anyone have any ideas how to motivate oneself over a long term.

Just bumping ....the old thread was way too long!:wink:

Doddie, try reading the at goal forum. Everyone there who has had good weight loss exercises regularly. You could also look at the before and after pictures to help with motivation.

Thanks Denise I will go there and take a looksee. You certainly seem to be doing very well with only 10 lbs to go. How has the weight been coming off in these final lbs? Doddie

I am really a part of steady losers but I am a slow loser actually. So I sorta belong here! I just want to encourage everyone keep creeping along. I dont lose anything for weeks and weeks and then I will lose like 4-5 pounds overnight. I have no idea why but that is how I do it. Jill

I guess I qualify for this thread.

I got banned jan.22 2007, only lost 30 lbs. But....if I continue and lose 30 lbs this next year I will only be 10 lbs from my goal. Every day I weigh myself and write it down.This really seems to help.I will have my big butt at the gym monday morning....I promise.

I think it's time for me to join this group. Hello, my name is Faith and I'm a SLOOOOOOW loser.

I have read the other thread but didn't join in, I'm not sure why. You are a GREAT group!

So now I'd like to come and ask for support from you folks who have been there and are still there, slowly (but surely) losing.

I am really a part of steady losers but I am a slow loser actually. So I sorta belong here! I just want to encourage everyone keep creeping along. I dont lose anything for weeks and weeks and then I will lose like 4-5 pounds overnight. I have no idea why but that is how I do it. Jill

That's the way I lose too. I lost 22 lbs the first month on the liquid diet. Then I didn't lose anything for about 3 months. Then I lost 5 lbs in one week. No weight loss again for a couple of months. Another 5 lbs down in a week.

One month I lost 15 lbs because I was overfilled. I went in for an unfill after one weekend because I was too tight. I tried for the next month to live with the fill, but couldn't get anything down but Soup. I ended up getting some more taken out. I lost 15 lbs that month, but I knew I was too tight and that's not good.

Since then, I have slowed way down. I am expecting my last 10 lbs to come off very slowly.

Welcome Faith! I seem to follow you all around the board.

I have finally decided that being a slow loser isn't all that bad.

Being a gainer - now that is bad! As long as I am not gaining,

I don't mind how slow the rest of it comes off. I am exercising

and eating right, so I figure it has to eventually come off.

I think if we all unite....hold each others hands, so to speck we can really help each other. I know the band is just a tool; one that we all paid a lot of money to have. I thought the weight was just going to fall off I guess....wrong.

Hey everyone I am a sloooooow loser too. I've been banded 5 months and have lost 40 pounds total. I gained 6 pounds in October, lost 3 in Nov. and lost 4 in Dec. So hang in there we sill PREVAIL!!!!!

Well, I can't make my January appointment and they can't reschedule me until March. Also, I talked to someone at UVA about changing my fill appointments to Kingsport but she said that no one likes to take other doctors' lap-band patients for fear that something will go wrong and they'll be blamed even though they didn't actually do the surgery. Do you think this is true?

I've only had two fills and I'm in desperate need for another. I still feel hungry all the time. I don't feel like I have ANY restriction except for the occasional getting food stuck and sliming if I eat too fast or don't chew well enough. I'm not losing any weight. In fact, I gained two pounds even though I started excercising more and eating less! (Meanwhile still feeling hungry) I just can't afford the gas to get to UVA this month. I live 6 hours away! But I know I need a fill because I'm not losing. I've only had 2 fills since my surgery in June! And I can eat too much and still be hungry it's so damn frustrating, ladies! mad.gif

NJ gal, I would definitely look into that other doctor......a two month wait for a fill appt is nuts. It sounds like you need a fill and waiting that long is just going to set you up to become even more frustrated.

Hi everyone! Just checking into the new thread again......for some that were following the other thread before it was moved, I am feeling much better now but feel like I am starving! I didn't get a fill because I had the flu and now my next appt isn't until February 5th. I am going to give it a few days but if I am still this hungry, I am calling and getting in early. I was finally starting to lose a bit more regularly when the flu showed up....$(#*&(@ Oh well, I guess thats life huh.