Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady Losers 4ever!

Yuck, I am so out of shape already... you wonder how it can happen that fast!? it does. My legs were itching like crazy from walking. I looked it up it is caused by the capillaries in the legs... when you exercise alot or moderately. They are always dilated and allow good blood flow. When you sit on your ass (like me the last 2 months) they shrink up. So, when you try to get moving again and your body temp goes up... you feel like your legs are gonna itch off! YUCK!

So, that was my cue. I better get excerising... It has been so easy to be lazy though. I never thought I would get lazy again, but I did. It wont be hard to get started. I don't know why I fell out of love with my running, walking, biking, elliptical machine... but I did. I just groan inwardly every time I think about doing it. I am just tired of doing it all alone.

Wish I had an exercise buddy.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Brandi--good for you! You have to just get back on that horse! :w00t: Have you tried meetup.com and looked for someone to exercise with? It is a cool site. You can search for pepople based on interests! Try it!

Steph--that all sounds nuts to me, so I am glad I never went to their boards. I love BB, don't want anything to screw it up!

I am off school for a week for spring break!! WOO HOOO!! I am going to try to learn to sew! WOO HOO!!

:eek:

Sewing your stripper uniform?? LOL Just kidding, Ginger!

lol.....Jill.... :cool2:

Nope, I made a polka dotted shirt today! WOOO HOOO!!

Little black tank top with black bows on the top!

May I also join you guys? I had my surgery on 8/14/07...wt at beginning (pre-op) was 197 (5'0"). Wt at surgery was 191...that first week I lost 14lbs. On Weds. 2/27 I weighed in at 164. I don't talk a lot but I do like reading your posts and will reply but I need support and I think that I can get that from you all!!! Thanks. God Bless!!!

BMAN ...congrats on the clean apt! You're motivating me to get mine done...maybe! ;-) LOL I wish I could be your exercise buddy! I haven't been to the gym in a week and I definitely feel it, and so does my scale!! ugh...gotta get back there next week!

Steph...yes, my son does JuJitsu now...and wants to continue doing it at college! Hope you are having a great weekend!

I haven't seen my 'friend' since Tues. night...the night before he came down w/the Flu! :-( He's been sick all week so I probably won't see him for another few days, which is fine..cause I don't want to get sick! lol

BOO....glad to hear that things at home are going well!!! Sending vibes that they stay that way! :eek:

I have been having a good weekend..hope you ladies are too! Back later...

i am sooooooooooo hormonal

im weepy but not sure why

it has been the strangest time in my life being pregnant with this band as my heart sank so bad when i thought id gain loads of weight back then to delight as it still dropped then to concern as it didnt stop dropping and my battle with food is still there but now its to be have any interest in it at all and to eat stuff that will stay in !!

im also hyper at the moment my hubby wont let me do anything and treating me like china doll and i just want things done like yesterday !!!!!! and the whole house goes in slow motion .

yesterday my hubby started to paint my sons new room (eldest) and he was so grumpy and i love painting so much it was really annoying me so i tucked up into bed at 9 pm last night he had bath and was snoring like mad he beat out and i sneaked back out of bed and got stuck in i hate unfinished painting once that paint colour on i think you should be up all night if needs be finishing it i got into bed at 12.30 and was so calm and peaceful but im up again and now getting stuck into ironing ,though ive taken a break for a lovely creamy mocha and to chat to you guys .

i have 5 weeks left from tuesday and truely cant wait to hold my son have picked name but not offering it out incase you dont like it.......lol

ive been posting mainly on the pregnant and banded thread as that has been my whole world these last months but im looking forward to joining in again about me when baby here safe and sound,im going to join gym after i get some energy back after the birth and then have high hopes of some ps ,tummy tuck a must and boob job a desire ,i so miss mine they shrunk so bad .......and im PREGNANT they usually got bigger !!Boo you could share some of yours with me ...lol

brandi honey i hope i catch that buzz you had for excercise as i feel like a hugh lump of play doh im so wibbily wobbly i dont really think anymore weight lose is needed for me but heck i need to rein in those rolls ewwww.

jackieL......hi there im sorry you been struggling but you have come along way and dont lose heart it takes people a very different amount of time to lose all the weight and you know i think its true to say alot of us stop obssessing when we find we are now comfortable near our goals so we just accept we get there when we can and this is a life time change its not a race ..imagine how heavy we be had we not done it ..yikes i cant bare to think !! i was on big slope down just glad i got done before i totally wrecked my body ...how much more weight do you want to lose ??? oh by the way i found the girls on here an inspiration i was so lucky to be banded and found such great friends i love them all !!!!

JackieL - Welcome aboard! If you can keep up with all of our strangeness then you are in the right stop. We have our down time and up time.... half the discussion isn't about weightloss.... although, it usually is related somehow :laugh: You are more than welcome though. Most of us were banded in December of '06 - but I believe BooBoo was a few months before that and we have others like Faith that we've picked up along the way. So, jump right in!

JillRN -- hehe, that was the first thing I thought too! We must both have hilarious brains... hehe

BooBoo - You should post some picturs of what you are making :drool: I just took up knitting and have made 2 hats... and 1 scarf... it is something to pass the time and it is fun.

VAband... so how is that apartment coming?!? hehe, if you are anything like I was for the past month. It probably isn;t clean yet... haha. I just got on a whim and started going mad in here. It finally looks pretty good. Feels much better.

Nikki - OHhhhh, you poor thing. I know you have to be going mad. Your horomones are doing triple time on you right now... and there is the impatience of just wanting the little guy to come already. Frustration is probably something you've got with you all day, everyday. Your hubby is trying to make you behave and you are probably just getting more and more annoyed while he is doing it... hehe. I hope he makes it through to the big day! and you don't have him tied up in a closet somewhere... hehehehehehehe

I am so excited for you and happy and PROUD of you. You've done so well. Keep us updated.

I start my new job tomorrow morning at 8am - wish me luck ladies.

The low carb thing is going great... I am doing very well with my calories per day as well... I am only at about 500 today and I've eaten plenty to keep me full. So, as long as I focus... things should start moving again.

Somewhere along the way, I just lost my inspiration.

BMAN...I think we all lose our inspiration along the way...if we didn't, we wouldn't have needed to get the bands in the first place! :thumbup:

GOOD LUCK on the job tomorrow! I'm really hoping to have an interview tomorrow myself...so keep your fingers crossed for me as well!

Nikki...sorry to hear you're feeling so hormonal....hang in there girl!!

Boo...lucky you for being on spring break!! Good luck learning to sew!

hey girls!

Welcome Jackie! (who btw is from out my way - maybe we can get together for coffee)

How'd work go today Bman? Sending you lots of love and good things.

Va - we're praying for that job, I'm sure the right one is soon gonna happen. Tell the man to stay away until he's well, you don't want to get a stomach flu.

Boo - the sewer - LOL I read that and I'm thinking sewer as in septic - Enjoy your new hobby. I hate sewing, I did it when I was young but I just never could really get good at it. But now I'd love to make quilts, I crochet, when I'm in the mood. I'm just so stinking lazy that I don't feel like doing anything.

Ohhhhhhhhhh my word - I almost forgot!

I'm gonna be a GRAMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIL is a few days late, she took 2 tests on Sat. and they both came out postitive. So although its really not official yet I'm happy as a pig in poop!

My oldest dd is in Fl, she said it was in the 80's today and she was wearing a little sun dress. I'd envy her except that she's staying with my mil. heehhhee Isn't it funny how a loving sweet Gramma can also be a mean old mother in law? I shouldn't say that, we've come a long way in the past 29 yearS!!! about dang time!

Will someone please kick me in the butt and get me motivated? Geesh, I can't push myself to get these last 15-20 lbs off - whats with that? You all sound so with it and here I am just dragging along.

I talked to my insurance co about the tt today, they haven't received anything from the dr yet but when they do they'll make a decision withing 24 hours. So I'm calling my dr tomorrow and finding out whats the hold up. Jerks, they know I need this done NOW.

Nikki - it sounds like you are nesting. Very typical to get all that done before baby comes barging in and taking all your time and energy. Hubby sounds sweet, I know you might get annoyed but he loves you and just wants to baby you. Tell us your name you picked. No one is going to honestly say they don't like the name. Geesh I named my son George. Of course it was after his dad but still, I'll never foget the one nurse saying... really? George? boy you don't hear that name anymore. :drool: I said I KNOW! And believe me he was the only George in his school - not his class .. his whole school.

Goodnight girlfriends.

Nikki: the nesting kicks in, won't be long now! I understand completely what you mean about unfinished painting, though. It makes me crazy, so I'll finish it if I have to stay up 24hrs to do it! I have a project I bought paint for last night but never started it because I knew I wouldn't have had time. Once I start, I won't be able to stop.

StephC: Congrats on being a grandmother! I love George, it's a great name! You wouldn't believe some of the names I see (I'm in Neonatology). Jayden, Jaiden (yep, for boys!) and Aidan or Aiden are really popular right now. We had one set of parents who were going to name thier son Aidan until they came into the unit and saw three other Aidans in their little 9 bed room alone (I think we had 5 in the 40 bed unit). So they named him Nicholas instead. I think Aidan/en and Nicholas are great names, too.

We talk about names often and I have come to the conclusion many people name their baby, not thinking about the baby who grows into an adult and that name stays with her or him forever. They think about cutesy little names or names that "no one else has" or they feel the need to spell it different so it will be more "individual" (had a baby named Dillion but it was supposed to be pronounced like Dylan or Dillon, so we all kept saying it Dillion like Million and dad insisted to mom they change the spelling so people wouldn't keep pronoucing it wrong, he said "I told you it would be like that!").

I am pretty steadfast in my support for just about anything a parent tells me will be their name. After all, usually it's been given a lot of thought and as long as it means something special to them, I can understand.

B-man: have a GREAT first day!!!

Boo: I used to sew a LOT, I made wedding dresses or special occasion dresses for $$ while I was in college. I think I burned out on it. I have probably 30 cuts of fabric to make scrub tops and haven't made a single one. Some of the cuts I've had for six years... But what a great stress releaser sometimes! I used to love going to Value Village or Goodwill and getting the old patterns from the 50's and 60's and making REAL vintage clothes, try it sometime! Though if I recall, Vogue has rereleased quite a few of their vintage patterns in recent years so you can easily get some good ones.

VaBand: Good luck on the interview!!!

Jackie: Welcome! The group here has been so nice and welcoming to me, what an awesome suport system!

CONGRATULATIONS STEPH on being a Grammy!!!! :rolleyes2: That's sooo exciting!!

I miss 'my man'....haven't seen him in a week when we were used to seeing each other every other day at least! But I know he went back to work today, so that means he's feeling better! But dang, do I hate missing him....I wish I could turn off my heart!

Interview went ok, but companies client is a gov't contractor and they have no clue...so I have no idea what's gonna happen, if I'll get hired or not. But thanks for all the prayers! Keep 'em coming!

BMan...how was your first day!??

Welcome Jackie! Feel free to just jump right in! :biggrin:

Faith...I can imagine people don't think much about the future implications of their kids names...must be a rewarding job though! :biggrin: