Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacksonville, Florida

Chris,

I live close to the last segment of the Wonderwood bridge. They had it almost finish and then -- voila -- they disappeared. Some equipment has been left but no one is around anymore. Of course all the lanes have not been opened. Maybe its just too hot here right now for road work?

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd check in and say hello. Since my last post I saw Dr. Cywes and had lost 15.5 more lbs so my total loss is now 93 lbs since my surgery on 10/11/07. Teetering between a size 8 and 10 and now actually becoming frustrated over the lack of any clothes that fit any more (I know...oh, the horror!) My husband keeps accusing me of being "too thin" (imagine that!) and threatens to tell Dr. C to give me an unfill. I told him to mind his business! I feel great although I do realize I need to do some exercise, which I am lacking.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I look forward to your posts!

Sue

I am kind of dreading my appt with Dr. C today. I've been doing great until this last month. I didn't get a fill last month and he even threatened to do an unfill because I was getting stuck a lot. I was comfortable enough and asked him to leave me where I was. Since then however, I have gotten to where I can eat quite a bit and I get very hungry between meals. I've also been doing a LOT of socializing, especially drinking alcohol. Lots of empty calories. So, I have barely lost anything since my appt last month. I have recommitted myself and am going to ask for a fill today. I'm going back to less than 30 gms of carbs a day (I've also been sneaking in more of those) and hit the gym more often. I've basically been consuming like I probably would when I'm at maintenance instead of what I should be consuming while trying to lose, so I need to get back on the wagon and lose my remaining 24 lbs I need to get to goal.

Another concern I've been having is hair loss. It has gotten really bad the past couple of months and I'm actually seeing thin spots where I can see my scalp. I'm going to talk to him about that today as well.

Hope everyone else is continuing to do well!

93 pounds in less than a year! That's fantastic!!!! I would love to see the before and after pics. They keep me so motivated.

93 pounds in less than a year! That's fantastic!!!! I would love to see the before and after pics. They keep me so motivated.

This is the first time I've tried to upload pictures so please bear with me.

In the before picture, I'm about a size 22 and now between 8 and 10. What a feeling!!!

post-224542-13813137454038_thumb.jpg

post-224542-13813137454356_thumb.jpg

Wow! Look at you!!! That's so great!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. C wasn't as hard on me yesterday as I thought he would be. He cautioned me about substituting my addiction to food with other addictions (I've been drinking a lot lately hence my not losing as much weight as I should). He said he isn't concerned about my losing weight as he is about me toning my body and getting enough exercise. So that is my focus this month. I told him I was back on track and determined to get the weight loss rolling again so we will see how I do. He also gave me a good fill which should help a lot. I didn't get one last month as I was almost too tight but I was definitely ready for one this time around.

Keep up the great work ladies!!!!!!! (and gentlemen if there are any out there!)

Wow, Congratulations!!! You have done great!!! What an inspiration! I am not banded yet, finishing my 6 month, not doing too well. Hope they approve me, oh boy! I have a question. I am 56,female and I am scared of one thing. I know you must chew very well. I am missing bottom teeth on both sides and scared this is going to cause me a problem. Have you ever known anyone with the same problem? It scares me but I am chewing now with the side teeth that are more to the front, guess I must chew extra good huh? Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen

Hello all, hope this finds you all doing GREAT!!! I've been MIA for a couple months but got the friendly LapBandTalk reminder to come back so I figured I'd start here! It's been a couple of tough months for me... all self inflicted unfortunately! I've completely fallen off the wagon and although my band has kept me from gaining I haven't lost at all. So in the first 4 months post-surgery I lost about 90 lbs. (give or take a lb. depending on scale) and in the past 2 1/2 have gained about 4 back :-( I've completely stopped exercising and have started eating carbs with every meal and have cancelled my last two appts. w/Dr. C...not out of guilt but just felt like there was nothing he could do for me since I didn't need a fill, I'm pretty much at the sweet spot as far as fullness goes but still battle with my carb addiction and laziness in exercising. Anyway, that's what's going on with me. Sue, I wanted to congradulate you on doing so wonderfully, I'm really proud of you and you look great! I'm posting my 4 month progress pics here so you can see how far I got before stalling. Much love to all. KKG

post-219935-13813137458334_thumb.jpg

Oh, it was HUGE! Dr. C freaked out when he saw my results...but then you have to consider that I haven't lost any more in the past 2 1/2 months so when you average it out, it's more like 90 lbs. in 7 months, which is still great, but just not great considering I still have about 90 lbs. left to goal. I never meant to imply that I wasn't happy with the results I had in the beginning, it's just been these past 3 months that have been the killer for me!!! I know it's common for it to happen cos' Dr. C did warn me that between 4-6 months is when most people either fail or get started...I'm just mad at myself for failing my bad :-( Sorry if I gave the impression that I wasn't happy with my success cos' I'm thrilled, the band has saved my life... I just wish I wasn't such an addict to carbs cos' that is one thing the band cannot fix for me; I have to conquere that one all by myself and I'm afraid that I never will. Take care. KKG

Hello all Jax people...........

I am from Orange Park too, I'm just starting this process. Attending my

seminar on the 12th of Sept. Have my appt. with my PCP the week of

20th of August to get paperwork rolling, I guess he's going to help me get together my weight history and stuff llike that; not exactly certain.

Well I just wanted to jump in and say "HI" I'd be thrilled to get together with you all; I don't have a work schedule so I'm flexible.

Thanks so much...

Kerrie:rolleyes2:

Hi Kerrie, welcome to LBT and the Jax thread, glad to have you here!

Hello all :rolleyes:

I have been posting for awhile and never knew this thread was here. Duh to me.

Susan I see you used Dr. Herrera...Dr. Chappano ( Love him) Do you ever go to the local Lap Band Support group meetings at the hospital? I have not yet but am interested. Work and the meeting time don't always mix well for me lol