Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacksonville, Florida

Hi Kelley-Thanks for the congrats; it was a long summer! I dropped the boys off and literally did a happy dance as I made my way home and then sat, just sat in my chaise and listened to the quiet in my house. I guess Mother Nature didn't agree with my joy and freedom as Fay made her way into the area and cencelled school for two days! Anyway its Monday and again its quite, or at least it was until my girlfriends 3 yr old arrived for 3 hours. No complain though I'm happy to help as she has done so very much for me in the past. She truly adorable and humorous to watch.

So back to meeting..................I frequet Starbucks; I'm not sure what your restrictions are or if coffee is a wated venture but we can always meet at the Starbuck at Argyle and Blanding, the one in the strip there with Panera bread and Game Stop. Let me know what you want to do, I'm pretty open as I don't work.

So I went to my PCM today and he gave me the refferal I needed; called Dr. Baptista's office and I guess I have to attend the Seminar before I schedule and appointment so I moved up my seminar date to Sept. the 4th. Initially didn't want that day as my DH is going overseas again for 2 months and I wanted to be with him elsewhere.

I hope the seminar isn't too long. ???

Keep in touch Kelly and let me know if you want to get together, I look forward to picking your brain. LOL

Kerrie

I'd love to be counted in to a get-together. I live in Mandarin (off SanJose) so a meeting in OP would be easy for me to get to. I'm almost a year into this thing and as of this morning, about 6 lbs from Dr. Cywes' goal for me to be at 25 BMI! :smile:

Although I know I've done well in terms of the weight loss, I continue to battle the Carb Demon. As Kelly said, the band certainly makes it easier to stay away from some of the obvious foods (rice, bread) I have to admit I continue to try to get them down. Birthday parties at work and weekends are still the hardest and I sometimes wonder if I'll ever be totally broken from hold that carbs have over me.

Anyway, just another vote for a get together. I wonder if the group meetings at Dr. C's office will be easier since the new office is supposed to be open this week. I have a follow up on Friday morning, 9/5 at 8:30.

TTFN, Sue

Wow! Sue you have come so far! I'd love to get together; you know I'm going to pick you brain for hours!!!! LOL, really it would just be nice to meet somebody in person who has been so successfull!

Well, my schedule is pretty easy; I actually turn the big 40 on the 6th and have doctors appointments and my seminar of the 4th, my DH leaves to go overseas for 2 months on the 5th early am. So who's ready to meet on the 5th mid day?? I have another pre-banded friend who will be attending as well. I'm pretty sure this group will just be me my friend and may be one of you guys here, ie Kelly/Sue/perons who started this tread, can't remember her name....sorry........anyway, I was thinking Starbucks, (or may be even Panera Bread) but really are these not so good choices for those of you who have lost so much it makes my head spin??? Let me know what you want to do....kay?

Kerrie

Wow! Sue you have come so far! I'd love to get together; you know I'm going to pick you brain for hours!!!! LOL, really it would just be nice to meet somebody in person who has been so successfull!

Well, my schedule is pretty easy; I actually turn the big 40 on the 6th and have doctors appointments and my seminar of the 4th, my DH leaves to go overseas for 2 months on the 5th early am. So who's ready to meet on the 5th mid day?? I have another pre-banded friend who will be attending as well. I'm pretty sure this group will just be me my friend and may be one of you guys here, ie Kelly/Sue/perons who started this tread, can't remember her name....sorry........anyway, I was thinking Starbucks, (or may be even Panera Bread) but really are these not so good choices for those of you who have lost so much it makes my head spin??? Let me know what you want to do....kay?

Kerrie

Kerrie - midday during the week is no good for me since I work 8-5, Mon thru Fri. Saturdays are good for me or maybe an early evening any night but Tuesday (I go to school):thumbup:.

I'd love to share my experiences with you since Dr. Cywes tells me (and my DH who had surgery 4 days after me) that we're walking billboards for LapBand. I love tallking about my surgery and what a lifesaver it's been for us!

Let me know if there is another day that works.

Sue

I was Dr. Cywes' 2nd patient for LapBand. He is way, way too busy for his patients. I tried to get him to listen to me for 2 years telling him that my band didn't work. He blew me off. Got a second opinion from mayo. The band is up around my esophagus and has caused some problems. I am going to have it removed. If you are looking for a concerned doctor and bandster group, try a different office.

Great , I am at jax weight loss center, Dr. Cywes, Banded Sept. 27,2007. Lola is getting hers today!!! Differant Doctor ,she is at Memorial Hospital just like I was. They were great there.We are all in our 40's. We have lot in common. Maybe we can get together with a small group. I went to the support meeting @ Cywes office. I didn't care for the meeting. I was looking for more of a smaller group. Even if we just emailed or called, just something to keep us going. I think my family is tired of hearing me, but they are very supportive. I am a single mother of 3 grown children. Ok Lola & Karen it's up to you. Karen my email address is Conrad0135@bellsouth.net. Feel free to email me anytime to share your thoughts or questions. Lola has my email address also. I have lost right at 50 lbs. I had my 4th fill Friday. So I have been through a little with this.

Ok so even before I read the post from Irmabeck, I switched doctors only because I had my Gyno refer me to another group of surgeons closer to my home. Just yesterday I went to the Flemming Island Surgical Center for a day surgery procedure and I really liked this facility. Everybody was so warm and friendly, the fixtures were very posh and upgraded in every fashion possible. I had a great experience all over. My gynocologist who did my procedure yesterday is a part owner is this private facility, both the Bariatric Surgeons her refered me to also work out of this surgical center, so I'm quite pleased. I can say that my Gynocologist is the best doctor I have ever ever met as far as listening to his patience and his over all bedside manner; if he is referring me to a colleague of his and he knows me, I'm quite certain they will provide me with the same service. The Bariatric Surgeons names are Stankard and Brinkman. Anybody who reads this and has hear anything at all about the please message me. I have full confidence in my gyno so I'm not expecting any bad news. Just wondering if anybody has seen them before. Anyway, thanks for all the info and the alerts all. Have a blessed week then weekend.

Kerrie

Kerrie - midday during the week is no good for me since I work 8-5, Mon thru Fri. Saturdays are good for me or maybe an early evening any night but Tuesday (I go to school):thumbup:.

I'd love to share my experiences with you since Dr. Cywes tells me (and my DH who had surgery 4 days after me) that we're walking billboards for LapBand. I love tallking about my surgery and what a lifesaver it's been for us!

Let me know if there is another day that works.

Sue

Hey Sue got your message about time problems, Sat. mornings would be great for me. Do you have kids? If so we could also go to the playground on Kingsley if its not raining. I'll meet you there, just tell me what day and time and we should be all set. I can give you directions if you need them, basically over the Buckman Northbound on 295 then take 17 south, turn right onto Kingsley and just over the railroad tracks is a neat wooden playground. Let me know what you'd like to do. I love Starbuck and Panera too, as do my kids. Go figure!

Talk with you soon......................Kerrie

Hey Sue got your message about time problems, Sat. mornings would be great for me. Do you have kids? If so we could also go to the playground on Kingsley if its not raining. I'll meet you there, just tell me what day and time and we should be all set. I can give you directions if you need them, basically over the Buckman Northbound on 295 then take 17 south, turn right onto Kingsley and just over the railroad tracks is a neat wooden playground. Let me know what you'd like to do. I love Starbuck and Panera too, as do my kids. Go figure!

Talk with you soon......................Kerrie

I'm actually in the next stage of parenthood :thumbup: My son is 19 and daughter is 15 but I wouldn't mind a "walk in the park" to chat. I know exactly the park you're talking about. Let's see how the weather pans out with Hanna, Ike, Josephine (man, they just keep coming don't they?). Earlier is better for me so if the weather's okay, do you want to try for Saturday at 10 a.m.?

Sue

Hey Sue-I'm kind of annoyed; usually when there is a "new reply" on this thread I get an e-mail notificaiton, this time I didn't, not sure why. Anyway I ended up driving my DH to the airport and then spending my day with my boys; they're a bit upset he's gone for the next two months. Anyway, today is my 40th birthday so we headed to Panera bread for lunch and then caught a movie. I wanted to see Mama Mia so bad! The boys won though and we saw Star Wars the Clone Wars, its an animated flick, I should have remembered my ear plugs and my book! LOL! Anyway..today ended up being a nutty day. I agree, lets see what happens with Ike and whom ever else wishes to slam us with rain! Thank goodness for big generators and hurricaine shutters! I really don't know all that much about the one comming up now; guess I'll go of to the IHC and check it out. Keep in touch and may be we can shoot for a week or so from now???

Kerrie

Hi Karen, it's Karen again. I am just about done with my 6 months supervised by my primary. Well I am going to Dr.Cywes's seminar. I have the medicare advantage plan and hope he will accept it. I wondered, do you know if fills are covered and if not what does he charge? Since I did my 6 months with primary like my insurance said to, do you think I will have to do it all over again with him??? I hope not, that's crazy. Thanks Karen, hope to hear from you soon.

Kerrie and Sue, hello ladies (and anyone else that wants to meet up in OP)...so sorry that I've been MIA again from this site...I just can't keep up with my 2 moms groups, doctor appts., and all the emailing and websites I check these days ;-) Anywhosy, I wanted to say that I would love to get together with both of you (and of course anyone else that wants to join us), I would love to share my experience Kerrie and would also love the chance to pick your brain Sue about how you made it to goal! I'm fine with either sometime during the week (Mon/Thurs/Fri.) but I'd have to bring my 3 yo and could either meet for coffee at SB (I LOVE lattes and the venti only has 25 grams carbs w/splenda) or could do lunch at Panera (they have a great tuna salad salad that I eat there). Or since Sue is better for the weekends I could do a Sat. afternoon (my son has Little Gym in the am) at the park or somewhere for lunch. If either of you would like my cell number to call and we can coordinate then please pm me and I'll give it to you. Look forward to talking with you both and meeting you soon. KKG

Hi, this is Karen. I am waiting to see yet if I will be approved, finished my 6 months, only lost 11 lbs. I have a question. With Dr. Cywes , how much money do you have to pay for the nutritionalist he has, etc. that the insurance won't pay for? I am not in a good financial way and am worried about this. Thanks so much!

Karen

Karen, I'm thinking it was atleast $500 total that I had to pay out of pocket for Dr. Cywes' extra "stuff" (nutritionalist, phsyc appt., etc.) but I could be wrong...maybe someone else with a better memory could let you know...or you could just ask the office coordinator (Dana Zamont I think is her name). Good luck to you. KKG

Kelly,, just got back from seminar. when it was over found out they do not take medicare patients anymore, they said medicare won't pay for the fills and the patients cannot keep up with them. I have an HMO, medicare advantage plan so I have a feeling they won't take me either. What a wasted trip.