Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacksonville, Florida

Hi Laurinda- Wow! You have accomplished a lot of weight loss! I can only hope to be as successful as you; and I will! I am going to be seeing Dr. Baptista at Jax Weightloss Ctr. I am very much looking forward to starting this process and continuing with my life, I feel like I've been hoding back really living for so long.

So glad you came to this thread I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. Thanks for the "welcome" ***Susan****!

Keep me informed.................

Thank you, Kerrie

Hey Kerrie and welcome to the Jax group! I live in OP too, Oakleaf to be specific, and have a 3yo son. LMK if you'd ever like to get together, how old are your boys? Well good luck with the process and just try and keep your patience throughtout. Take care. KKG

Hey Kelly-

Thanks for the "welcome"! I would love to get together. My boys are 6 and 10; we had school orientation today and they are very excited to start on Monday. I am ready for a bit of a break too.

I've heard about people banded in Jax are intersted in forming a get together; have you hear more about that?

Keep me informed; I'll keep reading and thanks again.

Kerrie

Such a small world :) I am in the Doctor's Lake area. My kids are about grown. My son graduated high school in May and my daughter starts the 10th grade Monday.

How interesting it would be if there was a small mini local group that got together from time to time.

Ya'll take care

Man Kelly, we can't give up now!!!!! We have done so well!!!!!! I know what you mean about giving into the carbs but we both know they are our addiction. Try to get refocused and remotivated. It will be so worth it!!!! I had to go out yesterday and buy new work clothes. It was wonderful to be able to get clothes from the regular misses department instead of the womens dept. I keep slacking off on working out too so we both need to get our butts in gear!!!!!

Keep at it sweetie! We didn't work this hard for nothing!

Hello all, hope this finds you all doing GREAT!!! I've been MIA for a couple months but got the friendly LapBandTalk reminder to come back so I figured I'd start here! It's been a couple of tough months for me... all self inflicted unfortunately! I've completely fallen off the wagon and although my band has kept me from gaining I haven't lost at all. So in the first 4 months post-surgery I lost about 90 lbs. (give or take a lb. depending on scale) and in the past 2 1/2 have gained about 4 back :-( I've completely stopped exercising and have started eating carbs with every meal and have cancelled my last two appts. w/Dr. C...not out of guilt but just felt like there was nothing he could do for me since I didn't need a fill, I'm pretty much at the sweet spot as far as fullness goes but still battle with my carb addiction and laziness in exercising. Anyway, that's what's going on with me. Sue, I wanted to congradulate you on doing so wonderfully, I'm really proud of you and you look great! I'm posting my 4 month progress pics here so you can see how far I got before stalling. Much love to all. KKG

Hi Karen from another Karen!

I don't think you will have much of a problem with the chewing issue. Just make sure that the meats you select are very tender cuts or ones that have been marinated well. You will probably have more difficulty with tough cuts of meat.

Good luck!!

Karen

Wow, Congratulations!!! You have done great!!! What an inspiration! I am not banded yet, finishing my 6 month, not doing too well. Hope they approve me, oh boy! I have a question. I am 56,female and I am scared of one thing. I know you must chew very well. I am missing bottom teeth on both sides and scared this is going to cause me a problem. Have you ever known anyone with the same problem? It scares me but I am chewing now with the side teeth that are more to the front, guess I must chew extra good huh? Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen

Hi Karen, thanks for letting me know that I should be okay , just chew and cut food into smaller pieces. Tomorrow is my 2nd testing, the written one. I sure hope I get the band. I have not done well on the 6 month diet. Do you know anything about the cookbook one of the girls were going to put together? Well thanks and best of luck to you!

Karen

Man Kelly, we can't give up now!!!!! We have done so well!!!!!! I know what you mean about giving into the carbs but we both know they are our addiction. Try to get refocused and remotivated. It will be so worth it!!!! I had to go out yesterday and buy new work clothes. It was wonderful to be able to get clothes from the regular misses department instead of the womens dept. I keep slacking off on working out too so we both need to get our butts in gear!!!!!

Keep at it sweetie! We didn't work this hard for nothing!

Thanks for the pep-talk Karen, it is much appreciated! I do know that I have to keep on going... especially since I still have 104 more lbs. to lose to get to my goal of 180 (Dr. C says I should be at 160 but I'm shooting for 180 instead). My biggest problem is that I did such an extreme LOW Carb for the first 5 months (under 15 grams/day), which is why I had such great success in losing, but now I just can't seem to get back on the low carb wagon... I've tried and failed like 9 times in the past 2 1/2 months!!! I don't know what's wrong with me! Every day I wake up and tell myself that today is the day that I'm going to start being a better bandster, but when lunch time comes I fail every time! I really think I'm going to have to get some professional intervention here...maybe some sort of addiction program. I will say this, especially to reassure those of you that are newbies or are getting ready to have the band, this lap-band has saved my life!!! And although my own demons are making it harder for me to lose right now, the band has kept me eating small meals and it keeps me from eating ALOT of the foods I'm most addicted too...breads, rice, and pastas! If it wasn't for the band I would never have been able to lose this weight and I certainly would not have been able to keep it off after 2 1/2 months of cheating w/no exercise. I just really need to find my focus and determination to get the rest of this weight off! Thanks for listening. Much love to all. KKG

Hello everyone! I was just checking in to see how everyone did in the storm??

We did just fine here in Oakleaf, some minor standing Water and some down small trees (shallow root systems) but that's about it. Hope you are fine as well... I know there were some tornados in the surrounding areas last night! Hope everyone here survived this weird bizzare storm system. xoxo KKG

Hey Kelly-

Thanks for the "welcome"! I would love to get together. My boys are 6 and 10; we had school orientation today and they are very excited to start on Monday. I am ready for a bit of a break too.

I've heard about people banded in Jax are intersted in forming a get together; have you hear more about that?

Keep me informed; I'll keep reading and thanks again.

Kerrie

Hey Kerrie! Congrats on surviving the summer w/2 tween boys ;-) Yes, I'd love to get together with a bunch of bandsters here locally anytime. I wouldn't even mind having a monthly get together here at my house if we could just get it all coordinated. I do know that Susan (JaxBandster) was trying to find a location that was centrally located for us all to meet up but not sure if that ever happened since I was MIA for the last couple months from this board (maybe someone else can fill me and Kerrie in if you all ever got together). But if you'd ever like to meet for coffee or lunch sometime just to chat and get to know each other I'd totally be up for that. I live out in Oakleaf...where are you? LMK and we'll try to coordinate something soon. Maybe if I can hang around with some other bandsters (or soon to be) then I can get my motivation back and maybe motivate others as well! TTYS. Be well. KKG

Hey everyone! Sounds like everyone weathered the storm pretty well. We weren't near the tornado's, were any of you? Around here, we had about the same as Kelly, standing Water and a bunch of tree limbs down. Our biggest annoyance was we were without power from Wednesday night until Friday night, with the exception of a couple of hours here and there.

We too lost power for about half a day. The storm was brutal here and hung over our house for 2 days. It took all day yesterday to cleanup. We went to the beach on Thursday to check it out. I have never ever seen conditions like that. the wind gusts had to be 60 mph.

I would like to get together with Jax bandsters also. I'm in the East Arlington area.

We were VERY blessed with this storm. We did not lose power <which is rare> and just limbs down. We did have a tornado close <is what the news said> But I am so glad we didn't get to meet up with it :) Welp I reckon just a few more months to go!

Hello Jax people, I got my referal toady from my PCM, this afternoon I'm goin to may my new patient appointment with my surgeon.

I am terrified but so excited at the same time.

Ta ta for now...........Kerrie