Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

I also had my plastic surgery on 02/21 everything was great not much pain at all, I walked out of the hospital because I felt pretty good the next day of the surgery. My drains were removed 9 days later but I am still having swelling the the lower tummy and the doctor has to drain it every 4 days or so, I am almost 3 weeks out on Thursaday and I am already on my 2nd day back at work. I have an important question, kind of embarassing but important, when can we have SEX again???? I am totaly ready because I have a very flat tummy!!!!

I also had my plastic surgery on 02/21 everything was great not much pain at all, I walked out of the hospital because I felt pretty good the next day of the surgery. My drains were removed 9 days later but I am still having swelling the the lower tummy and the doctor has to drain it every 4 days or so, I am almost 3 weeks out on Thursaday and I am already on my 2nd day back at work. I have an important question, kind of embarassing but important, when can we have SEX again???? I am totaly ready because I have a very flat tummy!!!!

glad you are doing well. :wink:

i, too, was on my 2nd day back to work (1/2 days) today was much tougher than yesterday. we were unpacking our office and i am SOOOOO swollen. my co-worker even noticed and told me ... gee, thanks :thumbup:

ummm, the sex question... my doc suggested waiting 2-3 weeks for physical activity and sex was lumped under that. DH and I didnt exactly make it that long. i had surgery on Friday the 29th and we were intimate the following Sunday am (3/9) with no issues whatsoever and last night, but i was a tad swollen and sore on my left side this morning ... ??? but 3 weeks out you should be ok. take it really easy (i think that was our problem last night) sooo, that was kinda embarrassing... :thumbup:

Yeah Laurend, anxious to hear what made you decide on your surgeon. Did something just click?

Esmeralda, glad you're doing so well. Getting drained doesn't sound like fun to me, though!

I don't know about you sex fiends! I told my husband that I felt very loving towards him (he's been such a wonderful help) and I wished we could make love. I then said well, I guess we could, if you don't mind all the drains and the screams of pain! Then I started to laugh so hard that I was almost screaming in pain. I hope in 2 more weeks I feeling as frisky as you all are! You hound dogs!

Yeah Laurend, anxious to hear what made you decide on your surgeon. Did something just click?

Pretty much. I just feel really comfortable with her. The first surgeon I saw had really good photos, and even though I liked her, she was a bit businesslike when I was talking with her. The second one was very friendly and approachable, but her photos weren't quite as good. This third one seems like a nice mix of friendly/approachable and very skilled (her photos are extremely good, for the most part). If I hadn't had a consultation with her, I probably would have gone with the first one because I did like her, but it just hit me while talking with Dr. Chester that "this is the one." I also really like the fact that she isn't super-commercialized. She doesn't advertise, advertise, advertise, you know? Her website never came up in any of my internet searches, so I wouldn't have known about her if one of her patients hadn't PMed me on MMH. The first one was like that, too, but the second surgeon was pretty commercialized, with a fancy office, expensively-designed webpage, etc. I like that this one apparently doesn't rely on just advertising (or advertising at all, apparently) to bring in customers.

You guys are going to be sick of my gushing over the next 5 months. :smile:

I been feel much better since yesterday. Although still feel I had an car crash. I am surprised I am still alive. It is a good idea though for anyone considering plastic chirugery to choose one who is alligned to an hospital and can take care of you in an emergency. If I would have gone to an private clinic I would be dead now. I did not know I had an belly button hernia. Yes my belly button looked bad but I always though because I was fat. I did not know I had any blood problems and could not receive an bloodtransfusion. I find it strange though this was not discovered Before the operation. Because of the plastic surgeon and private nurses I did survive and am back on road to recovery. He i am every considering having my breast done now! And no in Holland nothing gets paid by insurance. Maybe if you are dragging your belly behind you they woudl consider it. I mean they cut of 5 kg of skin and fat of my stomach and I was not considered extreme enough.

I was wondering though. I have gained 20 lbs after operation. All liquid ofcourse. They pumped me up with so much stuff and blood to keep me alive that I feel an little piggie. I got on the scale expecting to see a loss and bam it hit me hard. How can I get rid of this extra liquid? Does it gradually disappear with time?

I did not get an fill and was informed also by the plastic surgeon my port had totally dropped now at my pubic area and needs to be fixed. So is good thing I did not go for a fill...Also after loosing so much blood I am anemic and need to eat a lot of healthy food. I expect after I recover I dont need to loose a lot of weight anymore as it is mostly skin left.

There is another good part about loosing 4 liter of blood... I stopped smoking the day after.... I had been trying and trying to stop being an chainsmoker... But I lost all graving and have now officiall stopped!

I take a lot of vitamine C and arnica montana. This really helps. Most of the bruises I had already disappeared and I am feeling quite good considering all. I also take an multivitamine and Vitamine B 12 complex.

I was told no sex for 6 weeks. To take it easy. I asked her to explain because there is an difference to take it easy and having no sex. She said no orgasms as the spasm can hurt your musles. It does depend though I think what kind of Tummy Tuck they did. No penetration and intercourse for at least 6 weeks. Guess though depends how you feel and how you are healing.

You guys are all an inspiration and I have been readying all about your journey into plastic chirurgy. For most of us who have lost so much weight it is very hard to avoid plastic chirurgie.

ummm, the sex question... my doc suggested waiting 2-3 weeks for physical activity and sex was lumped under that. DH and I didnt exactly make it that long. i had surgery on Friday the 29th and we were intimate the following Sunday am (3/9) with no issues whatsoever and last night, but i was a tad swollen and sore on my left side this morning ... ??? but 3 weeks out you should be ok. take it really easy (i think that was our problem last night) sooo, that was kinda embarrassing... :cool2:

Don't feel bad... You lasted longer than I did. I lasted 4 days :huh2:

I was wondering though. I have gained 20 lbs after operation. All liquid ofcourse. They pumped me up with so much stuff and blood to keep me alive that I feel an little piggie. I got on the scale expecting to see a loss and bam it hit me hard. How can I get rid of this extra liquid? Does it gradually disappear with time?

hi, glad you are feeling a bit better. i was told for the swelling to just keep drinking and 'flush' it away. not sure if its working yet... i do find the more active i am, the more i swell. i was very active at work yesterday and was really swollen last night. so much so that i had my garment on and i put my binder on top of it.

Don't feel bad... You lasted longer than I did. I lasted 4 days :huh2:

oh damn, 4 days, i would have split in 2...

LJM, how much did you lose after the TT? I've been following along, but I don't remember how much you weighed before the surgery.

LJM, how much did you lose after the TT? I've been following along, but I don't remember how much you weighed before the surgery.

i was about 260 pre-op, now between 238-243 so a 'loss' of 17-22 pounds which is a tad more than they took off (about 18lbs) ... so dunno what the deal is. i dont feel like im losing weight... if i am i shouldnt be due to my poor choices... plus i still have swelling going on... who knows???

i was about 260 pre-op, now between 238-243 so a 'loss' of 17-22 pounds which is a tad more than they took off (about 18lbs) ... so dunno what the deal is. i dont feel like im losing weight... if i am i shouldnt be due to my poor choices... plus i still have swelling going on... who knows???

Who cares! :drool: A loss is a loss, and yours is a GREAT one! :teeth_smile:

Marillon: Why didn't your PS just move your port back up? It's frustrating that you have to go through another procedure. Glad you're feeling a little better. I promise as the days pass, it does get better. I'm moving fairly pain free today. The muscle repair is getting better. I hope you like your results. Are you pleased with how your new stomach looks?

Hi Guys,

Had my tummy done last Friday and am just geting to the computer finally! My surgery took 7 1/2 hours and my awesome PS removed 14 pounds in the process! She was able to tighten all my ab muscles (pulled together 2 inches of upper abs and 3 inches in lower abs) but had to work around lots of issued involving previous umbilical hernia surgeries and even gave me back a new belly button which she really thought she wouldn't be able to do! YAY! She is an amazing surgeon, and I'm grateful for all her hard work. I went home the next day, and each day is better. The pain pump I went home with fell apart basically, leaked, and the tubes fell out, so I don't know if it helped a whole lot other than the first two days. I've been taking pain meds regularly but todayI'm trying to space them out a little further so my internal stuff will get "moving" again which is an issue right now. Two drains came out on Monday and I hope the last one will come out tomorrow. I am sore, but amazed at how well I'm geting around already! My weight dropped dramatically from 197 before srugery to 183! (And is holding! YAY!) Iam thrilled to see my legs for the first time in many many years! :rolleyes2:Thank yo to everyone for all your support!! Blessings, Mary

marypetunia,

sounds like you are doing great!!! glad the loss is holding. my weight is really fluctuating right now.

try eating a banana to get things moving. someone suggested BABY prune juice if that doesnt work, but the banana worked for me..

so glad your in the flatlands with us!! :grouphug:

I have a question for everyone that just had PS. For the ones that had muscle repair, do you think that made your pain worse? My doctor says that he is pretty sure I won't need muscle repair but won't know for sure until he gets in there. Do you think your pain would have been less with out the muscle repair? I am having a TT, BA, BL & Lipo of hips, thighs, back fat, and butt on June 3rd. I can't wait, just worried about the pain, especially if I need muscle repair.

One more thing, How may of you had unfills? My band doctor said that I shouldn't need one, the PS said I didn't need one, but after reading the posts from Kareyquilts I am wondering if I shouldn't get at least a small unfill.