Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

Tami: I can't believe that someone would make an ignorant comment about your port bulge. I guess it takes all kinds! People crack me up. What does it matter which kind of WLS you had? Can't people accept and learn from one another. It sounds like sour grapes to me. I know when I first got the band and I was losing as fast as I wanted to, I questioned myself about choosing the band over a bypass, but I certainly wouldn't think of judging anyone elses choices. Anyway, hope the PS has some good information for you.

hi this is nina874,s husband, just posting to let you know how the op went.

dr pascal took 7kilos of fat out and 26cm of skin. she is very happy:thumbup: with every thing and asked me to tell everybody that the Lipo :blink:hurts more than the tuck . if i have only sent this post to one person could you please repost it to all the girls on the february/march 08 plastics thread,thanks

Hi everyone ~

I am new to this thread and would like to join this group if I may . . .

I started 'thinking about' having a TT about a month ago and am now scheduled for next Tuesday morning (the 19th) . . . Wow! I guess that doesn't give me much time to panic or hopefully back out, since I've already paid for it . . .

Here's a little about me . . . I am a 40 year-old married mother of two awesome kids, ages 14 (daughter) and 9 (son) and my husband is pretty awesome too (most of the time) . . . We live in the Houston area and I spend most of my time as a 'taxi driver / ATM machine' for my very active kids.

I was banded on 1-12-07 and have lost a little over 50 pounds. I can live in this body, but do not enjoy the roll of blubber around my middle, so I am getting rid of it. My husband is not excited about me having the surgery, but he is supporting me. Let's hope all goes smoothly . . .

Dr. Lior Heller who is with Baylor is doing my surgery and I will stay in the hospital for one night. I have friends who have offered to help me after I get home, but I am counting on being 'just fine' - then I want to LOOK as 'fine' as HarleyNana . . . Wow!

That's about it from here - I hope it is okay that I jumped in. I have been reading these posts for a few days and am anxious to hear from Neal and am glad to hear Nina is doing well.

Have a great day ~

And I forgot to mention that I am most freaked out about the drains after the surgery, but have had some very reassuring words from HarleyNana, JulieNYC and Enterprise01 about those, so I am going to try to quit obsessing about them . . .

Hi everyone my name is Esmeralda I am getting my Tummy Tuck, breast lift with implants and Lipo next Thursday the 21, I am close to goal but it has been 3 years so I think I am ready for the last phase of my weight loss. I am a little worried because I have 3 kids and they are young (12, 8 and 22 month old) but I do have someone that is going to help me. Any feed back on everyones recovery would be great.

hi Esmeralda,

welcome. we just had our first 2 bandsters go thru plastics yesterday, we are waiting to hear from them. Nina's DH posted that she is fine, but the Lipo hurts ... yay... cant wait. Neal hasnt posted yet.

Welcome newbies. I can't believe everyone is getting their surgery before me! Well, I guess that means that I'll get lots of advice! So excited for everyone. Glad Nina is alright. Neal are you out there?

Welcome newbies. I can't believe everyone is getting their surgery before me! Well, I guess that means that I'll get lots of advice! So excited for everyone. Glad Nina is alright. Neal are you out there?

i know Karey... i have a feeling we're going to hear crickets chirping it'll be so quiet in here ... hopefully i'll feel OK enough to at least log on w/ my iPhone. i cant imagine having a laptop post surgery!!

Hey...good luck all u guys,

I had my TT BL and Lipo 2 yrs ago in March, boy how time flies.

I also agree with Nina, the TT and BL werent too bad, it was the lipo that caused the pain.

I was really bruised from it and it was a kinda bruise type pain too. I remember 2 days PO trying to get my garment back on and DH had to help me and he went to do the clip up and caught the skin on my hip in it. I screamed and almost passed out. The pain was oh I cant even explain it.

I had lipo to the hips, flanks and back area.

When you see your results the pain becomes much less.

All you do is stand in front of the mirror admiring yourself, I just couldnt get over not having a belly hang to my knees (nearly)....

Again Good Luck everyone!!!

kel,

thanks for the post (i think :biggrin:)

now that im getting "massive amounts" of Lipo, im petrified!! (i hate pain!!!)

im getting my front lipo'd (tummy & i guess Mons area) and my 'trunk' (side boobies on down) lipo'd ... my question is, how do you lay on your freshly lipo'd back? doesnt that really hurt???

Hi All, Neal and Nina, looking forward to hearing from you soon and that all is well! Thinking of you!

I had my pre-op testing and consult with PS yesterday. My panniculectomy is March 7. My insurance is paying for the panni but won't pay for muscle tightening. That part is questionable because I have prior hernia repairs that might be compromised, so IF she can, she will do that for me and I will pay extra, but she won't know until day of surgery. She is anticipating about 4 hrs for panni removal and expects to take 8-12 lbs of excess off my tummy. She will do an anchor cut and the mons lift is included. She gave me all my post op directions, appointments, and prescriptions. OK...I guess most of my questions are answered and I need to just wait patiently! Thanks to all who are sharing here, it's good to hear from others.:smile: Mary

hi Mary,

i have added you to the first post. congrats on the panni and insurance covering it!!!

i go in tomorrow for my pre-op and hope to get all the instructions/meds.

did you get liquid meds for pain?