Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaineGeneral Bariatric Center

Kerri- it seems to me that they could have gotten you in earlier for a slight unfill! If you can't even get fluids down! Can you at least drink fluids?? Man- I don't know if I would even go to the ER in Augusta for an emergency unfill- If you can get fluids down, and you are ok with that, then yougurt and pudding it is! Just do what you think you need to do. I still don't understand why they won't see eachother's patients if it's a matter of needing an unfill!! Hello! ANyway, good luck this week with the liquids. (I think twisted tea is considered a liquid if things get real tough! ha, ha! ) -oops. did I say that out loud!

I'm gonna go before I say something I don't want to!

Later

Sarah

Wow Sarah! Congrats on the 3lb loss! How awesome! Maybe I should head out there some Friday night and get my groove on too:) And another pant size!? I'm so jealous. I seriously need to get my butt in gear. I have my gym pass now, it's just a matter of going:)

So I have been getting fluids in, and some foods too. Last night I ate some potato salad and a hot dog from the grill.. It's so strange that somethings just won't go down. I may end up canceling my unfill if I am able to continue eating. Maybe I just was in such a cycle of getting stuck that my body needed a rest to get rid of all the swelling?? A week ago I couldn't get ricotta down, now I'm eating hot dogs and potato salad lol.. I'm going to give it until Wednesday to see how tings go. I really have to pay attention to bite size, chewing, and how fast I eat. If I do all of the above, the food goes down. So maybe I'm just really tight, and need to re-train my mind on how to eat? Until now I didn't have restriction to tell me to slow down, or take smaller bites. Maybe this is what restriction is, and I just need to pay attention lol Kind of an "ah ha" moment. I'll get it someday I guess:)

Well, congrats again on the 3lbs! And maybe sometime son I can meet up with you at the gym:)

Have a great Monday, and good luck with the nutritionist tomorrow!

~Kerri

Kerri- I think you are right! I think you were really swollen from getting stuck so frequently, and now you are finally at restriction! If you can eat potato salad, I would say you dont' need an unfill, just a little more carefull attention to how you are eating!

I can only hope that I can reach my sweet spot soon! I still feel like I can eat more than I should be eating, so I just go a "little bit" hungry throughout the day. At least this way I know I'm not taking in any more calories or fat than I should. If anything, I eat alot of Protein, and just a taste of other stuff- never any sugar or solitary fat foods. Hopefully that will work! I have not gone above that 213 mark at all today or yesterday- usually I would have gone back up a lb or 2 throughout the day. Nope- stays between 213.1-213.6. Man, I never thought a 1/10th of a lb would ever have so much influence on me!

anywaay-

So, I think you are on a great track of restriction! Just give it time to adapt to, and you will be all set- just think- you will be eating this way alot longer than you were eating the other way!

Take care, and have a great Tuesday!

Sarah

So I've decided to get a tiny unfill tomorrow. Now I can't get ricotta or potato salad down again. gr... I hadn't been stuck for a few days too, I thought I was going to make it with out:( My scale said 195 this a.m. which was frustrating too, because I haven't had crap to eat.

I think this unfill will be helpful so I can eat more of my Protein to keep losing. I am craving burgers and chicken and steak.. MMmmmmm! At this point it would never happen I'm sure. The nurse tells me every time I'm there that protein will help me lose. So hopefully this will be it, and I'll be happy camper:)

Any luck at the nutritionist appt with a sooner fill? I hope they were able to help you out!

Well, I'm off to shower, then head out to a candle party... Never been to one, I'm sure it will be thrilling;)

Chat soon,

~Kerri

Hey Kerri- Well, it sounds like your best bet it the slight unfill. If the scale hasn't budged since the fill, then maybe your body is in starvation mode, and is going after the muscle rather than the fat. You will feel so much better and not so deprived after, and you will be able to eat what you want, just a very small portion, which is what you want to be doing anyway!

Hope the unfill goes well! The whole access thing is never fun, but you need to be at a comfortable state.

I met with the nutr. on Tuesday, and she told me basically that I need to double my caloric intake! I'm getting about 80 g protien and about 550 calories a day. I told her that I dont' have any restriction, and have been forcing myself to only eat about 1/2 c at each meal, leaving the table slightly hungry still- I am trying to do the job of the band without the restriction- dont do that- she said to eat until I am satisfied, and beginning to feel slightly full. But do not stop eating whyle I'm still hungry. She said that my diet looked more of that of an anorexic- I said," I dont think so". ANyway, so, I'm supposed to eat more at each sitting, and just wait out the 9 weeks for my 2nd fill- Dr is on vac. at 6 weeks, and the next opening is not until 9 weeks since my first fill- sucks- For fills that are supposed to be 4-6 weeks apart, and to have to go for 9 weeks, unrestricted, is going to kill me!

But, I am down to 212 this am, so I guess I will just keep on trying!

I hope you have a great weekend, and I'll chat with ya later!

Later-

Sarah

Hey Sarah! Im still here! It's been a while since I've been on, I can't tell you how crazy things have been! I could have sworn that I posted after my unfill, but I don't see it?? Things are lots better since. I had .5 taken out, and boy, what a difference! I have stayed at 192.. Which isn't bad, but it's not great, either. I really plan at some point soon to start at the gym regularly, and I know that will kick me into gear. It's just getting there lol...

How is everything going for you? How is our restriction or lack of? Hopefully you're finding it easier to get by!

Well, sorry to cut things short, I got out of work for 3 hours to come home and shower and throw in laundry- longgggg story! I will be around tomorrow so I'll pop in again. Hope all is going well for you!

Chat soon~

Kerri

jda- Yep- I had my Surgery at Me General on 6/10/08. Dr Mckee is my surgeon. Who do you have for a surgeon, and when were you banded??

The Maine boards are usually pretty quiet- there are a few regulars on here, so we try to keep in touch often-

Tell us more about you!

Sarah

Hi Sarah, I am still in insurance hell!! My husbands company still has not told us who we are switching too so I have been on pins and needles. My PCP has written yet another letter regarding my 6 month diet...It clearly states that I have been on multiple diets for over 6 months, have lost weight but keep putting it back on. I know he is trying, but am sure Cigna will kick it back. I have to try tho. I need to get approved no later than Nov 10th (that means I will have to submit right after my psyc appt on the 19th of October) I am shooting for the week before Christmas for the procedure. The anxiety of not knowing is making me crazy!! I know my husband is concerned, but there is really nothing we can do but wait. On a lighter note...hope everything is going well for you folks!! I am back to school in just over a week...I really miss the kids. Kimberly

Hi sarah, I also have Dr. McKee, matter of fact I have an appointment to go see him in a week and half :-) I was banded December 6, 2007 up till today I have lost 40 pounds. Boy it's been really slow for me!! Sometimes I get discouraged but then I stop and think...you have 40 less pounds on you, no reason to be discouraged. I guess it's because I hear alot of other people saying how much they have lost in the same amount of time as me and they seemed to have lost alot more. But I also try to remember that everyone is different, we all really do have different eating and exercising habits, our age, metabolims ect ect. I guess that can all make a difference. But anyway I am going to stay positive, and maybe one more fill will do the trick!! hehehe. Stay in touch Sarah.

Jackie

Kerri- still stuck at 212... I can eat larger amounts, and I still cant get in for another fill until 9/15, but, I will have to go 1 week after that, because I will be at my cousins weddding out of the area that day- yes, friday. So, it will be a whopping 10 weeks between fills. I guess I can consider myself lucky that I haven't gained anything with all that I am able to eat!

I'm glad you had that .5ccc unifill- at least now you can eat , and not pb or get stuck with every meal!

Not much going on here- Just checking back in- My father, his new wife, my brother and his wife, and my 2 boys and I are all going camping on the Saco river in New Hampshire this week- we are leaving Thursday and coming back Monday morning, just in time for the boys to start school on Tuesday! This is the 2nd year we have gone, and the weather is favorable!

So, I will chat with you later- have a good weekend!

Sarah

Kimberly- I'm sorry you have been having so many troubles with the ins! Have you spoken with the office to see how they can work with you? You may want to get on a waiting list for the psyc consult. The report can take a while to get back to the dr... I have heard of many people getting in earlier by being on the cancellation list! It cant hurt!

Good luck with the approval process- it will get better!!

Sarah

Jackie- Congrats on the 40 lbs! Just as you said. It's 40 lbs off of your body that wouldn't have been! It is so hard to see other people have extreem loss, like 80 lbs in 6 months, etc.. and it's really hard when you hit a plateau!

Where region of Maine are you from, if you dont' mind me asking? I know, like me, I don't specify what town I'm from as it is a small one, and work spreads like you know what on a hot day... (not that anyone not in our situation would be reading this, lol..)but I am from the Midcoast area.

Talk to you later- keep in touch-

Sarah

Hello Sarah, I am from the Western Mountain area up near Farmington, in a tiny little town. Thanks for the words of encouragement, the weight is going to come off, one pound at a time no matter what I do, I will get to where I want to someday :-) Have a great weekend!!

Jackie