Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MaineGeneral Bariatric Center

Kerri-

Good luck with induction! I know that is the hardest part of the whole thing!

Yeh, I keep some "pre" clothes on hand just for that reason... makes me feel like I have progressed if I can see it!

Isn't it funny how we jump from getting excited about the band, to getting excited about plastics?? I am already looking into maybe a brachioplasty arm lift), but then I look, and see what a difference a whole body lift w/ Tummy Tuck could do! I guess I will just have to wait and see how my body molds itself over the next few months. I think I would feel better about not getting plasics if I were married. Beign single, and worrying about you know what with someone new just makes me cringe (thinking that they will do the same thing!)

Idunno- small town girl almost thinks plastics belong in LA or Miami, or something- and I don't mean Lewiston/Auburn! No body in Maine has a perfect body... I guess we just weren't meant to bare all! I'ts too damn cold, anyway!

SO, if you want this board to be a confessional, go for it! We are all here to help eachother though this. We are the only ones that know what we are going through!

There is another woman on this thread, Kimberly, who is interested in having Dr Trieu do her surgery- maybe you 2 can chat a bit together, and answer some of her questions about him~

Later- have "fun" at work, and keep up with induction! Oh crap, I just swallowed a cheese cube without really chewing it well- Thank god my fill isn't until friday!

Sarah

You are right about the by pass...but looking around the room it seemed that most of them would not quality for the band anyway...he said you could not get the band with a bmi of 60. I figured if you were there you would come out of the woodwork...lol... I am sooooo ready for this that over hell or high Water I would have gone. As for getting in with the pshy dr. and the nutritionist that is a definite. I am hoping that when I have my initial consultation with Trieu I am will be able to tell him I have already begun my 6 month diet and he will let me proceed with the other appointments. I will post a question about that...thanks. If my timing is right I am looking at a November/December band (that's right I will get one more Thanksgiving/Christmas). I am a teacher and would just love it if I could have it done before the holiday break...I wouldn't have to take any extra time off. You missed quite the meeting...lol...one woman even told everyone that voices were talking to her...God forgive me, but I turned to my friend and said...gee if only those voices would stop telling her to buy oreos she would be all set....Do you have any idea when they will make a new forum...DECEMBER BANDSTERS?? Thanks again Sarah! Kimberly

Howdy Sarah,

Induction is going well.. I have no confessions to admit to:).. This morning I was down another 2lbs. I finally lost the 3 from when I was in MA, and now another 2 to boot. Sheeeesh. it's about time! So to say the least I'm pretty content right now, and slowly coming out of my funk. I think alot of it is getting the carbs out of my system too. Carbs are my biggest enemy!

Well, I thought I'd stop in and say hey. It's back to work for me. Yay. lol

:)Kerri

Kerri-

COOL!!! Way to go on the 46!! YOU ARE 1/2 way there! Just think, you possibly could be at goal by the holidays at this rate!!

I have my first fill tomorow morning at 9:15! Man, It couldn't come at a better time! I am able to eat about 1 cup of food at each meal! not good. I hope Dr McKee is very aggressive with filling. I am really starting to get hungry more often, but won't let myself eat between meals!! NO NO NO!!!!

Well, like you, off to work- Keep up the good work with induction! It really helps to boost your loss!

Sarah

Good luck with the fill tomorrow! Did you find out if it's at the office? Make sure you have some good (ha?!) liquids hanging around for the 24hrs after the fill. After my first fill I had to stock up because I forgot about the 24h thing. Oops:)

They called me today to move my fill up to next Thursday the 31st instead of the 7th. A-okay with me! I am close to the sweet spot- hopefully this will do it:)

Well, I have to do some laundry before I go to work for the night:( Ugh! Actually I leave in a half hour so I guess I'm not doing too much laundry... darn computer- it gets me so tied up I forget to do laundry... Ooops?? Ha!

Chat soon:) and good luck tomorrow!!! Let me know how it goes! I'll be here cheering you on! You go girl:)

Hello all, I am also a patient of Dr. McKee. I was banded on 7-22. 2 days out. The incisions aren't too painful but the gas is pretty uncomfortable. I am walking around the yard. Any advice any of you Mainers would be great. Anxious to get on the scales in a few days.

Hi there puterlady:) Congrats on being banded, and welcome to the Maine board!

My name is Kerri, and I was banded on 3/19 by Dr.Trieu. It has been the best thing I have ever done for myself, and have had pretty good success so far. I go for my next (and hopefully final??) fill next Thursday.

Your gas problem, as I'm sure you know, is totally normal. I luckily didn't have too bad of a problem with it, but when I did I used a heating pad and dissolving Gas X strips. They say walking is the best cure though.. There is also some kind of technique about getting on your hands and knees, pushing your shoulders towards the floor, and raising your butt in the air.. The theory being that the gas will move to the highest point. Sounds silly, I know.. The nurse told me this, but I'm not sure how well it works? It may help give you some relief?

Best of luck to you, and let us know if you need help! Another gal on here, Sarah, was banded by Dr. McKee as well, her screen name is Bandme08. We're more than willing to help:)

Take care,

Kerri

Yes, welcome Puterlady! Dr McKee is very nice- very quiet, but very nice. I took my 10 yr old son with me for my first fill today (3cc in a 10cc band) , and he was joking around with him- kinda broke the Dr's office tension!

The fill went well- didn't feel the lidocaine injection, or the fill needle at all- just alot of pressure from him pushing on the port to get the needle in-

Congrats on getting banded! It's tough for the first few weeks, but then it gets much easier!

Well, seeing as we have compiled a larger group of Maniacs here, maybe we should all make a point of getting together 1 or 2 times a year as a group! A Maine reunion of sorts..

Bandme08. So how long was it from your banding till your first fill? I am starting to get hungry. I am gonna try some Soup later. Because I was done on tuesday am I ready to move to all liquid stage. My scales say -10 lbs since tuesday morning. But no delusions I am sure it won't all fall off. Haha

I am glad to have contact with other mainers

Puter- I was banded on 6/10/08, and today was my first fill- so, 6 weeks betwen fills. They will give you your first fill appt time and date at your post op appt with the Dr. I am supposed to go in 6 weeks for my 2nd fill, but Dr McKee will be on vacation for 2 weeks, so they put me off until 8 weeks...:thumbup: You may have the same issue seeing as your first fill will be on his vacation time.

I found some mis-information in the binder they give you. FYI- when I went for my post op visit, 10 days post op, the binder says to start 2nd stage 7 days postop. At my 10 day appt, the Dr told me I could start that stage 14 days out. You may want to clarify that one with them... So, I was eating soft foods, not quite mushies, though, earlier than I should have- that can do damage to the band. The first 6 weeks is all about healing- not really loosing. Most people loose wt durring that time, because of the dietary shock to their systems. Dont worry about loosing right now- just push through liquids, and go through the stages at your own pace! It's not worth it to push it!!

Good luck! WHere is Clinton, anyway??

KERRI, et all...Good luck on your fill on Thursday- may it bring you restriction and a smaller grocery bill! (I know mine hasn't budged a bit! I have 9 and 10 year old boys, who eat me out of house and home! )

As far as my first fill results thus far, Well, the liquid 24-48 hrs post fill sucked, but I got through it. I didn't have time ( big no-no) to eat Breakfast that morning, and I had a huge(another big no-no) dinner the night before, so I was extra hungry! Dr Mckee gave me 3cc, which he said was very aggressive for him, but I was beginning to be able to eat alot of food at once, and he wanted to "nip it in the butt". It turns out that I didn't have even 1/4 of a cc in the band from surgery, which explains the being able to eat alot!

Well, so far the fill has worked, as I am down 4 lbs since friday morning in the office! Yeh! I was hoping for onerland by dad's wedding this coming Saturday, 8/2/08, but, well, I think it would take a miracle to loose 14 lbs in 1 week! None of my relatives have seen me since 1 month before surgery, so It'll be nice if they notice (damn, they'd better!) I'v always been the largest woman in my entire family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) they have always been of average wt. Let's see if they notice the fact that I was in a 22/24 dress at my grandmothers funeral in May, and in a 14-16 dress at the wedding next week! I will try to post pics, but I am having a very difficult techinical time doing that! How do you post a pic?

Anyway, I hope everyone is progressing on thier journeys nicely, and if it applies, regressing on the scale!

Take care,

Sarah

Wow, 4lbs is awesome!!:teeth_smile: You go girl! I have completely blown the low carb thing this weekend, so tomorrow it's back on track for me. Weekends seem to be the worst for me.. We're always out and about, nothing is planned, and I blow it. I need to figure out a game plan!

Well, sorry to cut this short.. I was called in for the overnight (yay for OT!) I just wanted to check in and see how things were going since your fill. Glad you posted, and congrats on 4lbs down! I'll be on again tomorrow after a longgggg day. Chat soon~

Kerri

p.s. it may be easier for you to make a new ticker.. Some times they are a pain, I've had to make 2 or 3 new ones:cursing:

Howdy Sarah,

How goes the battle? Are things still good with the fill? I get a fill tomorrow at 1. I'm making my Dad go with me lol... The last one was pretty rough for me so I decided not to go alone again. I still think this will be it:) The DH just walked in and is bugging me for the comuter, so I'll be back in a few:)