Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I was thinking about our May get together, and while Michelle has so graciously taken on the task, if there might be a way to streamline the task and cost. When the idea of our all meeting came up I didn’t have my travel site but now that I do, perhaps I can suggest a cost effective way for all of us and not tire anyone out driving back and forth to the airport..

I have a feature on my travel site that has get-a-ways that include air & hotel for a 3-4 day weekend that is generally under $250 depending on where you are traveling from. It changes from month to month so we would have to decide where we would go at the beginning of May, book it and just go! We already have decided on the week so it would just be the where. It would allow us all to just sit around the pool and chill.

While this is just a suggestion, think about it. To get an idea of what’s available and the cost from your area visit www.sweetdreamstravelservice.com click on ‘book travel’ then click on Travel Deals under $250. There are usually 2 pages of specials. We can perhaps choose one that Jennifer can drive to. Jennifer, or anyone else who might want to drive, there is a price for hotel & car.

Just a suggestion!

TracyinKS:

Where your hair up, with some soft tendrils down. Wear some drop earrings too. This would look so nice. Love the dress, it is very pretty and you look great!

Laura-your sister and your famiy are in my prayers!

Judy-I really don't have that many before pics because I stayed away from the camera as much as I could back then :Banane30:

Pam-:clap2::rolleyes::Banane20::):Banane20::Banane42::Banane20:You will be 24something very soon! Way to go!!

Terri & Haydee-well mon-fri what I eat is pretty much the same. In the morning I have a slim fast low carb (chocolate of course). I also eat like a Breakfast burrito but it is really just a small flour tortilla with beef & cheese in it. At lunch I normally have Soup and wheat ritz or the meat & cheese out of a double cheeseburger, or a lean cuisine of some kind. Then for dinner I usually just have some of what I cook the family (one cup of whatever) or just eat some Cereal but I make sure I eat before 6 PM. And every night without fail I eat a blue bell fudgesicle. There are just some things I won't give up ;) I make sure to drink my Water religiously as well. The weekend is up for grabs.:eyebrows:

I hope everyone had a great day and has even a better evening!

Thank you smyly! I just talked to my friend B (the one who came up a few weeks ago for the weekend) she used to have her own shop but she gave it up........... anywhooooooo SHE IS DOING MY HAIR! She also raised two teenage girls full of prom updo exerience... she is bringing all her pins and product and i'm to get some baby's breath.. and she is coming up FRIDAY to help decorate.... I LOVE THIS WOMAN.

Terry thinks the necklace she made might be too bronzy... but even if it is.. I will wear it with pride to work and such..... I feel so blessed to be part of this group......

It is with great sadness that I will have to pass on the trip.. I simply can not swing it.....

Husbands.......... well mine admited that he has not filed taxes since 2004!!!!!!!!!!!! (Good as they are they do NOT come without stupid ass faults) ME........ miss credit score patrol..... I about hit the roof and then the floor... WHAT????????????? I screamed.... he hid his head and said that he was afraid I wouldn't marry him if I knew.... GEESH!!!!! So........ I have been researching late taxes and the good thing is if you get a refund you don't owe penalties, but you do forfeit refunds after a certain period of time... so I've been working on each year individually............... CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS HORSE SHIT????????? (he's gone so I'm venting)

He really is a good guy but he royally sucks at money and credit management...... good with the bad, good with the bad.... he is a good man....... even though I want to wring his freaking neck. :rolleyes:

Susie~ I am finished w/ 3 bottles already, and I only pee'd my pants once...and am gonna sloosh over to my dance class now. I will meet goal today!!!

16.9 x 4 =67.6 oz of Water today!

Come on 24something!!!

Home safe & sound (well body--mind is still questionable!) Kinsey has an upper respiratory infection. But with her history, she did put her on antibiotics, trying to ward off a very common secondary infection. So it was worth the trip. Lindzie checked out fine, throat, ears, nose all clear, and when the Dr. ask about her immunizations and checked her chart, when Lindzie found out immunizations were shots---she felt all better!!! LOL

Lap Dancer (don't know your name!) hang out, any friend of Tracy's can be a friend of ours!

Haydee, I have come to decide that men really are like dogs! LOL---they age differently!!! I was not trying to lay blame on you guys for issues, I just often recognize myself in things that are said, and in this issue, I see it with my kids, which are closer to y'alls age than I am!

TracyK---congrats on the spiraling scale....mine is just happy as a pig in mud where it is at I guess, it refuses to move! I go tomorrow for my first blood draw to check my thyroid. Maybe it will help.

Dinner is ready---bbl!!!

Kat

Awwww Tracy----how long will it take you to figure out if he will break even or not? Maybe it won't be as bad as you are thinking. We will always make room if it shows that you will be able to go afterall!

Ms. Jen---I have not had time to go to the site and look around. I have no issue with where we go. I know we tried to keep it withing driving distance for Jennifur---she is not a flyer!!! I will for sure look at it this evening, and move my thoughts then to the other site----sorry!!!! I get here, and want to discuss it ALL!!!

Laura, I can only imagine the fear, and disbelief you are feeling in regards to your sister. My brother experimented with lots of things, he ultimately chose alcohol to ruin his life. He had some bad times, he did 90 days in jail. That was a big help---at least got him sober! With his brain injury we didn't know if he would ever stay that way, but he has. He has been sober for close to 7 years now....Thank You God! I will pray for your sister, and for the rest of your family as you struggle to accept what you have been unable to change. ((((Hugs)))))

Hi gals

just checking in, relaxing a bit, painted my bathroom most of today

Tracyks - i'm so sorry you can't swing the trip.... but tell me again why not????/ and what day is your wedding? I know it is soon and you are so excited and going to look stunning and I love your dress, but as we all know, i was mental for a bit (ok still am) but getting there and I need to know when I need to be there for the big event :rolleyes: only kidding

Anyway, I'm trying so very hard to do something, it took every ounce of what i had to paint but it was 60 here today, almost unheard of! but last year, I got out of school mid December, my dd took care of ds most of the time and i slept, cried, slept and didn't move off the couch. so yeah me for at least being 10,000 times better already.

Made my first lamb at home. I gotta say, it was fantastic.

Leg of lamb, I marinated it overnight (and most of today) in lemon juice, thyme, marjoram, garlic, sliced onions, and olive oil. Cooked it in the oven by some directions I found online. It had a pop-up thermometer in it (came that way) and I never got the bugger to pop up. But I found out they can sometimes not pop up. We like rare meat anyway, so I wasn't too worried. Most of it was medium done.

I made a red wine gravy from some of the drippings.. and we had it with asparagus. It was wwwwooonndderrrfullll. When I went to put it into myplate, it wasn't as high calorie as I figured it would be. Lamb is goot! But I didn't eat anything else today, so I didn't care at the time. Now I'm enjoying my 1/2 ginger ale.

Sheeesh... I must have missed a whole page of posts. Laura, just read your post about your sister. She and your family will be in my prayers.

I'm back from rehearsal and watched the end of Biggest Loser. I don't know any of the people, but watching how Curtis and Mallory had continued was neat.

Watching Law and Order now.. bbl..

OMg Laura - I just saw Judy's post and had to go back and read, I missed a lot today! Is this the sister that has been really unexplainably sick? She is in my prayers along with the rest of your family. she is so young and that just makes me so sad

Jennifer... congrats on the NEW YOU!!! Aren't you proud of how different you are now?? One day and one step at a time. that's the violet way..

Got my 8 glasses plus Crystal Light, plus 8 oz. of lo fat chocolate milk.. yums.. Following the tip of the day.. Thanks Kat!

Checking in for the evening:

Laura, I salute you for the choices you've made in YOUR life. You've got two siblings with addiction issues, and you are the one worrying and praying about them. Good going on getting your SH** together! I'll join the other Violets here in praying that your sister will be strong enough to break the terrible hold it has on her.

Kat--your advice about husbands was excellent! And I'd have to challenge you about having best husbands, but mine did abandon me to go to our cabin the weekend before Christmas. :-) Perhaps if you and Judy could send us some photos with back views...well, we could always cast our votes? What do you say, ladies? :eyebrows:

Pamela, I had to laugh at your assignment for your kiddies to write a composition yesterday. In my pre-Spanish teacher days, I was an English teacher and days I just felt horrible that was what I had to do...but then I always had to READ those suckers. Definitely no rest for the weary! You are amazing in that you teach both middle school and also the on-line college classes. Do you ever sleep?

I'm sorry that either of the two couples on The Biggest Loser tonight landed in the bottom two. And at least the two going home can and are supporting one another. My first thought when Mallory GAINED 1# in a week of extensive workouts was that she might not have had enough Water to keep her flushed out. Or maybe TOM... ???

And speaking of water and CTC: it seems like the New Year has kicked it up a notch for all of us. Go us, Go us, Go us! :whoo:

Night all, gotta finish getting ready for some serious Spanish teaching mañana,

Cindy