Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Tracy-- Pictures are awesome. I agree that the T-shirt is now too big but that is how I like my clothes. I get people telling me I need to buy new ones because I look to frumpy wearing what I am. I like loose and comfy.

Pam-- So sorry to hear about what happen. I couldn't imagine loosing my Mom at such an early age. That family is in my prayers.

Judy-- We need an update on the eliptical.

Got up this morning and went to the Y and walked on the treadmill for over a mile. Than I went to Curves and worked out for 40 minutes. Got home and took a shower and got ready to go to the kidney Doctors. I have been having to do monthly blood draws so they can monitor my kidney's. Well Dr. Thomas told me today that with the weight lose and keeping myself healthy I can now go to bi-monthly testing and I don't have to go back to see her for 4 months. Whoo hoo. I've been trying real hard because I hate taking the medicine that she has me on. So hopefully I can be off of it in the next 6 months or so.

I used to work for a company that built nuclear weapons and so I have to have regular testing for damage to my body from all the chemicals that we used. So far I have tested safe but they discovered that there was a problem with my kidneys. They weren't dieseased but the were producing to much uric acid. So good thing I went in for my check-up. I do feel in my heart that my hysterectomy was caused by the chemicals but can't prove it. How come all my family was way older but I was in my thirty's when I had mine. It was horid. Was at St' Luke's cancer center for months. took 6 months of therapy and home health to get me up and cleared. So I am trying very hard to stay healthy and seem to be doing a pretty good job so far.

Went to the park and walked the dog today. It wasn't too bad but the winds were really chilly. Waiting for spring so I can get back outside to walk. I miss it.

Don't forget that tomorrow is CTCD. And I think the "Water Patrol" will be on duty tomorrow also.

Everyone have a great evening.

Suzie, thanks for all you've done to get our daily tips up and running. They've been a big help to me! And muchas gracias to those who are providing them!

Michelle, to paraphrase Kat, "The Christmas weight has left the building!" Good going, girl!

Not to bring up a (another) TMI subject for today... :D

but is anyone still having BM problems besides me? I drink my water! I'm taking Miralax...and it's still about once every five days. And like Michelle posted yesterday, I fantasize about the weight I'm losing when I'm finally successful in the bathroom. And please don't even mention the word constipation--ouch ouch ouch! I've even quit weighing on the mornings that I didn't have a BM the previous day. To look on the positive side, obviously keeps me from weighing everyday. :funscale:

Loved my classes today--it's good to be back in the teacher mode.

Gotta go Google Sex Swing...kinda wondering what to get Bill for our 28th anniversary the end of this month.

love to all and positive thoughts for us all on CTC and Water tomorrow,

Cindy

Jennifer, this is going to sound very morbid, and cruel, but when you go to court, you need to be sure if your FDBF (I added former) has life insurance, or if his deteriorating health is caused or exacerbated by his accident that his kids receive an equal amount as anyone else named in any life insurance policies, and or settlements. It can be done!

And make it a court ordered attachment, don't just take his word that the kids will get it. He might have family or friends come out of the woodwork!

I hope for all of your sakes, he returns to taking care of himself---and lives a long life---but cover your a$$!!!

Well I got the car loaded, took the survival kit----makes it sound serious!! It might be for awhile, the roads are black ice right now, I have no reason to believe that early in the morning they will be any different! The worst area is about 75 miles away, and will stay bad for probably 45 miles, then it should begin getting better and improve steadily. Right now the highway I have to take is ranked 3rd worst in the state, but it is open! The worst 2 are closed!!! Seriously though, if I get out there and it is too bad, I will simply turn around and we make some phone calls and deal with it. We would just cancel, but the window of opportunity to do the surgery this way is a small window, and they were pushing it when they had to schedule him 2 weeks out. But with all the holidays---that is how it worked. I have to have him there by noon tomorrow for a hospital check in, then he is free until 6 AM Friday morning. His surgery is first on the docket. We have some things we want to do tomorrow afternoon---shopping for my brothers birthday. Then we will have an early dinner, and they will want to go to bed by 8:30!!! Taking my laptop, hope I have WiFi!!! I don't from his hospital, but will look for a motel with it! I did not reserve because we waited til the last minute to decide for sure whether to go or not. Should not be an issue to get a room---wish it were 2!!! I am such a bad DD!!!

Tracy---my DH saw your pics in your shirt, and he said "WOW!" And I agree---wonderful change!!! You should post them on the before and after page! Inspire the newbies!!

Michelle--I'd tell you we would behave so as not to offend you, but it would probably be a lie. We will just have to warn you so you can cover the post and go LA LA LA LA LA !!!

Suzie---with the additional uric acid in your body--did you ever have issues with gout or anything from it? My best friends husband, Gary has terrible problems with gout if he is not careful with his diet, and they told him it was excessive uric acid, and it is crystalizing or something. How scary---do you stay in touch with other workers, so you know if you all have something similar going on? Do they cover the cost of all these appointments and meds? Not that it is any of my business!! Sorry!

Jane---you said you would give bang lessons--I needed them tonight, I cut mine!!!

Well I am going to go surf---will look in before calling it a night.

Kat

LMAO--Cindy I re read that and went Uh Oh!!!!! Dunno, will have to see what all kind of lessons Jane wants to give!!

You going to be able to join us for our get together???

Kat

No, Kat, I won't be there in May as I am coordinating a trip to Israel for my church in mid-May. Am sorry to be missing y'all, however. Have a safe drive tomorrow, my friend.

Cindy, heading off to bed now that I've seen photos of a Sex Swing in action. Judy and Michelle, gotta say it's a new world we're living in--OMGosh! :faint:

I have only seen 2 people I used to work with and they both have had to go in for testing also. They were ok when I saw them. All expenses are covered by the company. They will continue to pay and if they do ever find anything they will pay for it also. It's just something I have to keep track of and make sure I get checked.

Although my kidney's are producing the uric acid I don't have gout. I have my feet checked often and I have no sign of gout. The medicine I'm on is to help with that. One of the side affects of it is that it causes fingernails to lift and fall off. So far I'm not having any of that. But I have a ridge that appeared right after starting the med. Doc said it looks ok and should disappear after I stop taking it.

"Big Medicine" was on tonight. Does anyone watch it? Allen has done wonderful but I still feel sorry for him.

Good evening, Violets..

Just in from the hot tub. We are under a winter storm watch for tomorrow. 6 inches of lake effect snow expected. Florida is looking better and better for next week! Kat, you take care driving tomorrow. Hope and pray all goes well with your dad. And prayers for you in the hotel room alone with your mom!!

No update on the elliptical, Suzie. Still waiting for the part to see if that will fix it. As soon as I can get to a Sears store, I'm going to check the display model and see if the handlebars move like ours does. Our Sears store here is just a very small one with mainly appliances, lawnmowers and snowblowers. At least the glider and bike work fine.

Cindy.. thankfully I don't have any problems with BM's anymore. Guess the Water helps me. used to have terrible problems with Constipation, but since I've been drinking so much water....no prob-lem-o.

Pamela.. so sorry for those young girls. And they say teaching is a cushy job. Twice in my 32 years of teaching I had to deal with a kindergartener dying and believe me, that is REALLY tough!! My prayers for the family and for you and your class.

TracyK.. the pics were GREAT!! You do need to put them on the B/A thread. I know I go there every day for inspiration. You certainly offer that to us!!

Well, time to head to bed. Ethan comes tomorrow afternoon and Grandma needs the energy to keep up with him!!

Everyone sleep well!

(I'd mention that it was hump day today, but I'm afraid that would be taken the wrong way considering the posts from earlier today!!!:eyebrows:)

Nighters!!

Thanks ladies!!! I will go post them on the b & a thread :)

I am wearing one of my new shirts today and the sleeves are a bit shorter than I normally wear. I hope I am not self conscious about it all day. If I am i will just hang it up and never wear it again. I hate my wings....

Everyone have a great day!!

Good Thurs Morn, Vi's!~~

Lots of running around today... errands & coffee & work out & mailing out my Ebay sales & DD's 1st band concert tonight!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Okay so the newbie needs to know what CTCD means? I worked out for the first time this morning....I am already sore. My P trainer said she would go easy on me...she doesn't know what that means. I feel great that I went. Where can I buy work out clothes. I hate long pants and I am looking for capris? any suggestions?

Shannon

Morning gals

Kat - I know that and it didn't sound cruel. it is reality that they need to be protected.

Shannon - ctcd means Cut The Crap Day... no junk allowed today! As for Capri's I was just at JC Penny and Old Navy is another great place.

going to drink coffee, I ate a pc of pizza last night which I only do once a month and still on antibiotics so i'm a mess this am.

Well girls up and checking road conditions, does not appear to be any new snow, just lots of ice. Hopefully they will be working on sanding that. I think I have everything I need packed---as well as everything my Mom usually forgets!!! She gets flustered very easily, always has---and this surgery is somewhat risky---so she gets VERY flustered, and gets so busy getting Dads things all together and just so, she tends to forget about herself! She has always been that way--now it is Dad she is doting on, not us kids!!! I sound so cruel when I complain about the arrangements, we just keep totally different hours, and they have their ways, as I have mine. I sleep in total darkness! They leave the bathroom light on, so they can see around the motel room. And they have a travel clock with huge red numbers, and mom has lights on her CPAP---it is nothing big, but it is light as day in the room to me!!! Not to mention they are down before 9 and up at 4. And if one of them is up in the night, then they have a conversation!

And the kicker, the seriously difficult one for me, is making sure I am wearing something, that if I kick off covers I am covered! I worry about the same thing with our get together! TMI--but this girl is used to sleeping in nothing. So.....before May I will be jammie shopping!!

Well I have been chatting with you while I let my car warm up----actually letting the van warm up. Decided for several reasons to take it. My car is so low, Dad has to strain to get out once he is in, and they don't want any stress on his neck at all. Plus I have chains for the van, it runs a 15" tire, and they don't fit the 17's on my car...so the van is warming---and it has more space to warm!!!

So I am shaking myself this morning, and telling myself I won't always have my parents who are wonderful loving people, so I am going to enjoy this time with them. Someday I will wake up in the night wishing I could hear them chatting.

With that in mind, it is not my tip day--but if your parents are living call them and tell them you love them. I am worried for my Dad--please remember him in your prayers.

Will try to check in from the motel tonight!

Welcome to the newbie, finding me----Walmart even has summer stuff in now here, and there is a foot of snow on the ground!!! But I usually by work out capris at Target--love them!! I find them near the lingerie dept. Welcome!

Hugs to all my Violets~~~

Kat

Hey Vi's~

Thanks for all your warm wishes for Maria's family. I have not gotten over it yet. Honestly, I learned what emotional eating was yesterday. I was a classic text book case. Nuf said!

Tracy~ I love the pix. What an amazing and beautiful difference. Good on you girl!

Kat~ Travel safely!

Shannon~ Welcome. I found capri workout clothes at Wally World. Good for you for exercising!

I didn't set the alarm last night:faint:...which sucks cause this is cleaning lady day (I've always got so much to do on Thursday am).

Have a great day everyone! CTCD and do take a walk! I am gonna go to dance class later...actually looking forward to it!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox