Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good afternoon, Violets.

Well, it looks like I am officially a size 16 now. Sweaters are a size L in Alfred Dunner stuff. I tried on a black halter dress size 16 and it fit. I have not been in a size 16 since college!! And nope.. didn't buy a thing. I was just having fun trying everything on.

Laura.... WOW.. you are lucky you didn't lose your wedding rings before you could get them in to be resized!!! And you're only at 1.5cc??? and Tracy...2.3?? Yikes!! I have 2.8cc in my band. I'm hoping it's my sweet spot cause it seems to be working well right now. I know for sure I'm not going to get a fill when we go down on the 21st. I have a good restriction and am not hungry in between meals right now.

Pamela.. I'm just going to read your posts with my eyes closed from now on!!!

I'm off to watch some tv and clean up the kitchen from lunch. TTFN....

My doc said the band was so tight, he didn't think I'd need any fills. He was wrong, but the band must be tight, because a month ago (and in Sept when I got my first fill) 1.5cc was killing me.

Laura is the swing installed right over your bed? LOL, that way if it does come down at least you fall in your bed! You are too cute, I wouldn't even know how one of those things worked. Do you both get in it and swing around? Oh my, I don't really want to know...

TracyK - whew, I was so glad to read your post about what you eat. I thought I was going to have to do some major overhaulin of my food intake. You eat normal food! Well with this last fill I got i'm having trouble with even toasted bread so hopefully this time i'll be able to stay away from Pasta and bread.

Kat - hope everything goes well with your dad tomorrow. Hopefully the weather clears up some... Glad to hear Kinsey is feeling better and eating up a storm!

Okay I was arguing with my boyfriend about something insignificant last night and then he all of a sudden blurted out that he was losing respect for me because I didn't respect him. He said I treated him like a child and that I needed to stop. What a coinsidence that we were just talking about that on here yesterday or the day before. But anyways, like I said, I don't even know that I do it. He says that I don't give him his place as a man. I don't want him to feel like this. I don't mean to make him feel like this. Sigh... Okay. Back to work for me...

I know 100% what you're going through Haydee. I told DH straight up I was losing respect for him. Honestly, what Kat said gave me some perspective. He does have an ego that needs stroking, he needs to feel like the man. So hanging up that swing, was part of.. woe is me, lil ol girl doesn't know how to work these fang-dangled tools :)

I kept asking him how he knew how to work the stud finder. I really was curious, but I was hoping it'd make him feel special to explain to my lil brain how it worked.

I'm trying to go a week without telling him what to do. So far I have had to remind him to take the trash out, but.. I'm not nagging this week.

Mos' def' Tracy....let's try to meet up! Could we meet in Webster somewhere? Would that be convenient for you? I can just hop on the tollway and cruise!

I just wanna say thanks to you girls. I think I am 85% back on track and it's because if the inspiration that YOU ALL provide. I just want to see a new #%*&! number....is that so much to ask? It's not going to happen just because I WILL it to happen! So far I've had a very good food day...and i am proud of myself!

Woohooo go Terry! You can do it!!!

And in case you're wondering, I have the board up at work, and I just keep hitting refresh. For lack of anything better to do right now, I can respond to everything ya'll post hah.

Haydee -- That IS interesting about your (ahem) discussion with dbf!! Kat is a very wise woman...I'll say it AGAIN! I think the more we treat them like children, the more stubborn they become. A little humility -- and lowering of the constant expectations -- goes a long way toward harmonious living. Lexapro helps, too. :)

Ha! Terri! "Lexapro helps, too!" Ha!

Laura, please don't feel like you need to answer Haydee's question re: the operation of the swing. Please. Really. PMs were invented for a reason!

Can you tell that I'm a prude?? Probably prudier than the preacher's wife!! :)

Terri -- Are you getting back into exercising??

Dontcha love Ebay auction closing day?? I have 27 items -- really old (like 5 years!) Mary Kay foundations + samples, etc -- closing today I just keep refreshing & hearing "ca-ching! ca-ching!" Love it!

Oh Tracy, I can roll my rrrrrrr's!!! NYE when we were out, they played La Bamba---and I was well on my way to feeling good then----when our friend Jerry who was playing bass guitar, did his piece going into the refrain, I let loose with a RRRRRRRRRRR-HA---scared my DH and Beck and Gary half to death!! We used to do it back in my single days with the Mexican music they would play--I love it!

Pamela---where I live there are lots (almost majority) of Indians--as in Native American. Well in the last few years, a huge influx of Dr.'s and others moving to the area are of India Indian heritage. So leave it to my DD, she began doing this thing, it absolutely cracked me up she will define them---and not rudely so, but in a conversation to me she will say "Dot not Feather" as she touches her forehead and does the 2 fingers behind the head for an Indian of India descent,....or "Feather not Dot" for our local Native Americans. She has our entire family doing it, in a non thinking manner anymore, as well as her entire entourage of friends. One of which is a young man she works with who is from India. He makes fun of her by walking in with his fingers behind his head---and telling everyone he is trying to confuse the blonde!!!

So you have Dot not Feather Indians in your class!!!

Manda just picked up Kinsey, and said that Chris is stuck in a small town SW of me that I will have to go through tomorrow to get to Albq. The DOT shut him down due to road conditions. Lovely. I need to pack, and put some bad weather provisions in my car. We have looked at the web site for travel but it just says snow packed in spots, but Chris is stuck! Chris is Becky's oldest son, but the kids are in touch all the time--she was raised with those boys!

Not looking forward to this trip for sooooo many reasons!

I have managed a bottle of Water, and a cup of hot tea, and have a pitcher of iced tea brewing now, so my intake will go way up now!!

Haydee, you and Laura---are just in a rough situation, everyone feeling their way along, is difficult! Laura, I know you could have hung the swing! I also understand why you didn't---and many years ago would have done the same, now I would have hung it myself, and when it was not going well I would have thrown something----and said bad words, and let him finish it!! We have obviously found our paths!!! You will too---keep in mind, even though we don't like to admit it--all the things you are feeling, the overwhelming emotions, the fear, the anger, the occasional disgust----they are feeling too. And they are much less equiped to handle those feelings than we are, from years of not acknowledging them. A boy in junior high school through college, is not supposed to show any emotion around their buddies but maybe anger. Where when someone hurt us, we could cry with our friends, or bitch and moan----they didn't.

Not being his Mom is a great way to begin enforcing him to not act like a child--I agree!!!

Hugs to you girls, I see my kids struggling through young relationships, and that is all I can do, relate as much as possible, and hand out hugs!

On the subject of fills--I had 1.75cc at the last they looked, they have done nothing other than talk to me inover a year, if it ain't broke they ain't touchin' it!!!!

OK---I am off to locate my suitcase, and begin......I must do something!!!

BBL~~

Kat

Aww, was it not g-rated? I'll delete it :omg:

But gotta wait, runnin late to my yearly evaluation.. WOOPS.

WISH ME LUCK!