Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey Violets~

Well...I am 251.2 today, lol...probably too much Water. I did 2 kick ass workouts the last couple nights too, oh well. One day I will get there.

Can't workout tonight:cry. I have that meeting (we have it every other month) w/ all the Spanish speaking parents. It is @ 6pm...and I considered going to 1/2hour of my dance class, but didn't want to go to the meeting sweaty! So, I have to skip tonight, but I am going Th and think I'll make the Sat am class too! The owner of the franchise was fired!!! Big drama. She cleaned everything out and now we need our own weights and mats (already had them). Anyway...I love these classes.

OK...I'll pop in later. My ELD students are making an autobiographical poster so there is crap everywhere...but they are having fun!

Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

I found two things of value, one was a short quote and the other an article on our choices.

Will Rogers

Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

"Life is all about choices. Whatever we choose, we look like, feel like, and live like. Choose to move more, nourish yourself with whole foods, and chill out to de-stress. Every moment, we alter our destiny by making better choices."

OK, it’s time for the wake-up call.

Stand up and hop out of that food and couch coma and look into the mirror. Not just the glass on the wall, but the one in your mind as well. Where have you been? It’s the right time to make a change. Let’s ditch this mindless way of living and choose to really live life to the fullest. Dump the baggy hide-it clothes and Celebrate new found fitness and energy.

But wait. I know what you’re thinking. “I’ve been down this road before.” And then within a few weeks or months, your good intentions are circling the drain. Staying focused is the key to sustaining the momentum to keep the healthy living plan going. Remember how I asked you to look in your mind’s mirror along with the long glass in your bedroom?

It’s a mind-body thing. That means to start you need to get your head straight about why you want to do this. Yea, the cool clothes are a great motivator. But go deeper. You can’t wear the clothes if you’re not here. Being here, and enjoying the experience, is where it’s at. Don’t worry. We going to be teaching you how to navigate those inevitable stress speed bumps, and keep you on track.

As a first step, write down no more than five reasons why you want to change, listing the by priority. Study them and make sure these are powerful enough to combat the tendency to self destruct. If they are, your head’s in gear for change. If not, keep working it until you do find the focus.

Be patient. You’ll get there.

The above article was written by Dr. Pamela Peeke on the National Body Challenge.

Jane

Love the quote! Ha! & the tip... good thinking exercise... I like that! Thanks, Janie!

I'm taking Spanish 2 this semester. Just the way life is, I BS'd my way through Spanish 1. Just did what I had to, to pass. I didn't learn it. I've taken French before, and I'm one of those people who can't understand the concept for the language, so I don't learn it. I.E. English makes sense to me, I don't 'get' other languages. I hate that about me, I want to retain them. In any event, I found out to get this other degree I have to take Spanish 2. So here I am. I get this degree after this semester if I don't screw it up. Failure isn't an option, so we'll see how I manage to get through 2! I used a lot of altavista translator last time. Then one assignment I had to make a video of me talking about my life in spanish. I translated it on altavista, printed it out and had DH hold it up next to the camera LOL.

Weee.

LOL Laura--Spanish Cue cards!!! If they don't know what you look like you could "channel" Pamela or Haydee!!!

Well it is at it again here---snowing like crazy! Hoping it does not make my trip tomorrow a crazy one. I hate cancelling it, since it is a health issue, and if we put it off, there is no guarantee that in 2 weeks when we reschedule that there won't be yet another storm. So will leave early in the morning, and hope for the best. I need to go ahead and book our room. Yes room--------singular. My Mom refuses to stay by herself in the motel....so once we put Dad in the hospital----I might as well just accept it. At home she does ok, she is still very scared being alone. If something were to happen to my Dad, not sure what we would do about Mom....I don't really have room---and my brother has his issues....oy I hate thinking about it.

Kinsey is feeling pretty good this morning, stuffy, and congested, but eating everything in sight, so I am letting her! I know we may hit a point that she will not want to eat, and she was down in weight from her last pediatricians appointment, so they were concerned over that. She never slows down! She eats, she eats VERY healthy by choice! Christmas Eve there was a table full of fudge, and divinity, and peanut patties, and peanut brittle. And some cheese balls with crackers, as well as a veggie tray with dip, and sausage & cheese slices. She ate every stick of celery on the veggie tray and then moved to the multi coloered bell pepper strips---red, then green! She did not eat a single piece of candy...even when offered! She is not a bread eater. She loves yogurt, and cheese...those are her Snacks of choice. Followed by fruit--oranges & bananas (banamas as she says). She is 22 pounds. Last visit she was 23.5 they said. Small amounts like that can be scale issues! She eats! She is napping now--she needs the rest I am sure.

Work is sending Manda home early due to the weather. She will bring her laptop home and work from home the remainder of the week. The woman who keeps Kinsey when we are all gone is in remission from lung cancer---so a sick kid is a no go!

Laura, I was going to ask you how he liked his Christmas present but couldn't remember which thread we discussed it on!!! Oh yeah I can't talk about that til Judy gets back!

Good Luck on your fill TracyK!

ooops my girl is awake-guess I will go hold her for awhile, maybe she can sleep better.

BBL~~

Kat

Judy will catch up! Mwhaha.

He liked it, we were both paranoid about ripping the ceiling down.. how do you explain that? hah hah.

We didn't use it last night (by time we got around to it, my Nyquil was in full force), so we did it the lazy way hehe.

But I spent 30 minutes sitting in it while we watched TV, it's comfy and no signs of it busting down. So I'm working on getting the confidence to be putting weight and moving about on it. I think it's going to be a lot of fun!

Like I said, I bought the hammock chair to hang there, so in the case the ceiling ever does fall down.. I'll make sure the hammock chair is connected to the hook when we call a repair person in LOL!

Hi everyone!

Back from my fill. I went from 1.5 to 2.3 and could not even tell a difference drinking the Water.

I told her not to put anymore in there just yet so I could give it a few days to see what happens.

I was down 10 lbs from when I was there in November, so that makes me happy :)

I am going to shop for some new shirts. I will check back later...

I wish I was so uninhibited!! What fun!

Hi everyone!

Back from my fill. I went from 1.5 to 2.3 and could not even tell a difference drinking the Water.

I told her not to put anymore in there just yet so I could give it a few days to see what happens.

I was down 10 lbs from when I was there in November, so that makes me happy :)

I am going to shop for some new shirts. I will check back later...

DAMN! That's quite a jump, Tracy!! My last fills I got +0.2cc, then -0.1cc (taken out)...and I tell you that 0.1cc made a BIG difference! Just be careful over the next few days....my restriction always sneaks up on me!

Wish I could have met you over there...that would have been so cool! I'm scared to go for a fill....I can't eat meat as it is! :)

That is a huge jump. My guess is that my 'sweet spot' would be 1.3cc.

I'm at 1.5cc, but I'm slowly losing restriction. I can definitely eat more food items than I could a couple weeks ago, but portions still have to be small or I get sick. Maybe 1.5cc is my new sweet spot.. which means at this rate, I will need to get a fill in a month! Blah.

I have an appt. for like Jan 23, I'm bumping it out. I don't need a fill right now and I'm not driving 6 hours for him to weigh me.

Laura~ I'll say it again...YOUR MY IDOL!!!:rockon::rockon::):Banane26::) (Apologies in advance ladies...) Rock out with your cock out!!!

I am having an off day. Dropping things, was trying to download a song this am (Fake It, by Seether) and it wouldn't work. I messed up my red wine vinegar opening this morning (I mean...I needed plyers to fix it) as I was trying to make some dressing for my tuna sal. Just feel like I am walking up hill! Should have first bottle of Water down by 11:30 (when I can go pee) so I am trying to sip on this one until then.

Kids are sooo funny going through magazines looking for pix for their poster. They are all talking in Spanish and I am only getting parts...but it is cute. Of course, I have 2 Philipino and 1 Indian (India Indian) so they are not speaking Spanish.

Terry~ I am so glad I had some taken out. I am far more mindful of what I am eating...but I am eating food. I've been reminded a few times (damn eggs...when will I learn), but it is nice to be able to eat a Lean Cuisine again.

OK...gotta run for a bit!

xoxoxoxooxox

Fake It is a good song.. have you heard The Gift by Seether? It's my fav. seether song.. and Enemy is close 2nd.

I loved scrambled eggs, but they only go down if I eat it with grits. Omelets won't go down, even with grits. I don't know the difference.. when I've chewed it to nothing, it should be the same.. but it's not.

I am going nuts without my wedding rings, I keep going to toy with them and nothing. My hands feel ugly now lol. They are suppose to ship them back to me to deliver tomorrow. I can't wait! They'll fit! Did I tell you guys I went from a size 11 to an 8.5? WOOT

DAMN! That's quite a jump, Tracy!! My last fills I got +0.2cc, then -0.1cc (taken out)...and I tell you that 0.1cc made a BIG difference! Just be careful over the next few days....my restriction always sneaks up on me!

Wish I could have met you over there...that would have been so cool! I'm scared to go for a fill....I can't eat meat as it is! :)

Believe me, if I can't eat steak, I will get an unfill FAST!

Know what Terri, next time dd goes away for the weekend maybe we can meet halfway somewhere? Whatcha think?

Laura: Good Luck with the Spanish!!!!!!! ( I can't even roll my rrrrrrr'sssss)

I need to cut the crap today and drink my water....... :)

I am no help with the fills, because we all know that I am a FILL crazy person... heck I have 4cc's in my 4cc band! Although I can still eat meatloaf (even reheated meatloaf) It did even have a bite of a tortila the other night at dinner..... it is so nice to eat real food again... but I'm not going crazy with it... I mean chicken is a thing of my past and has been for months..... I can't eat scrambled eggs but I can eat an omlett made at an omlett bar???? must have something to do with the mix.

I am so amazed that I have not bounced back up to the 2'sss so maybe I can make 189 by the wedding.

Tracy you are doing sooooooooo great! I can't wait to get where you are.

Denise: How's grandmatobe today????????????

Everyone... have a wonderful rest of the day!

Panda: hows mama doing?????

SARA and Lunasa!!!!!!!!!!!! Missing you guys!