Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Great pics, Judy!! What is the big flute on the left called?? I've never seen one like that before!!

Great pics, Judy!! What is the big flute on the left called?? I've never seen one like that before!!

That's a bass flute. It has a real low, rich tone. Sorta like a flute on steroids.

That must take a lot of wind!!

Ok, more photo fun...

Here's my other cat, Chai (like the tea)... this is her usual position when I'm at the computer (explains my typos & misspellings!! :))

Picture22.jpg

& here's me just now... just got my hair cut...

Picture23.jpg

Hey everone!

Michelle you are too funny

Terry - you are in my thoughts

So we made it through the first day of school.. of course with an accident because the teacher didn't hear or see him at lunch raise his hand that he had to go. but all in all he loved it and had a great day!

dd- - she had a great day at high school... i only had a tear or 2

anyway....i'm going to bring dd to cheer.... and then put ds to bed, he is tired

ughhhhhhhhh dd got sliders and cheese fries for dinner and i'm not eating... this crap better pay off... that is all i can say

ttyl

Back from running around, and I am exhausted! Took my DIL, grandson, and granddaughter---and I am way toooooo old for that! The kids feed off of one another. Connor was not on good behaviour today---just being destructive, tearing up little toys I just got him, and being unbelievably LOUD---yelling, shrieking, things I do not allow Kinsey to do in stores especially, so she sees him do it, and she looks at me.....wondering, so I have to give her the evil eye!!! Then a tea got knocked over at lunch. And Rick and my DIL just sat there, and let me do all the clean up----which ticked me off at him for sure!

Ate some sesame chicken without issue. Avoided the noodles or rice....stuck to the chicken.

Got the relacing kit for my glove---poor thing is only 20+ years old, I cannot imagine the leather giving out!!! LOL, looked at some new ones, but refuse to spend $80 on a softball glove, will look at Walmart! Then again I might not be played for who knows how long, so it might not matter a bit!!! LOL

Judy your pictures look great!!! Yours too Michelle--I laughed at the cat pics. Heck he probably will be only half his weigh in weight if he ever poops!! LOL

Found a few things for my MIL's birthday. I need to get out the phone book and call around and see if anyone rents the cupcake towers.......we could not have made this simple and had a sheet cake, oh heck no!!! And one SIL tells me pansies, the other says Violets.......one said blue the other purple. So no matter what I buy it will be wrong. Story of my life with these 2 tho, I am quite used to it!!

I better get some things put away......BBL~~

Kat

OK, let me try this post again..If I lose it I will not do it a 3rd time!

Jane-I sent your book back yesterday. Thanks again!

TracyinKS-speak up chick!

Kat-I will PM you. Do not feel left out :mellow:

Michelle-the skeleton cat pic cracked me up. Thanks!

Jenn-what is sliders?

Judy-tell the brunette flute player she needs to go blonde. She does not look like she fits in! HA!

Terry-thinking of you!

Laura-love the extension thingys. I need something to make my hair look fuller!

Suzanne-I thought you had a heater in your pool? Did I miss something?

Pamela-I am so glad you ar enjoying your class this year! I would do better with younger ones too.

If I forgot anyone...sorry :thumbup:

Lol.. hiya tracy!!!

Hi everyone,

Just popping by to say a quick hello. As you can see from my ticker I'm loosing the weight again TG!! I'm currently awaiting an unfill, have had a tough time of late with tightness/heartburn.

I got an unfill back in June, after the march fill I got ended up too tight after 10 weeks?! It gradually sneaked up on me & one day I realised I just couldn't eat at all..even fluids were a problem. That unfil seemed to put me right & now again 8-10 weeks later I'm too tight again! Strange?

Terri, I gather you've just lost your mother..my condolences xx

By the way ladies, you're all looking FAB!!

Laura..you're in the family way!! Lovely, congratulations!! Lemme know if you'd like any help with Irish names...there's some pretty cool names ya know, not just the commonly known names..and prob unique for where you live too!! (Ireland is famous for it's fairy names, I know you've a thing for fairies)

Edited by lunasa

Hidy Ho Violets~

Another nice day! I am in the grove, but I am swamped. I have 39 graduate students, ay Dios mio...they are young and new and NEEDY!

Michelle~ That was tooo funny! Mo looks like a sweetie...and you look great too! Love the new 'do!

Judy~ Lookin' sexy as usual. Thats right...I said it...my roomie is hot!

Tracy and Jane~ How you liking BB? It gets boring towards the end. I am crossing toes and fingers that Dan takes it.

Terri~ Hugs and much love sister!!! Are you off work this week? Take your time going back. My mom went right back after she lost her mom and became very sick herself. I would LOVE to see the rosary if you'd want to share a pix. I love and collect rosaries, and now know what my next commission will be from you!

TracyK and KS and Jenn~All the kindergarten moms...hang in there. In a few weeks this stress will be a memory. Yeah, the homework kicks butt (usually the parents). Advice would be to establish good homework routines at home w/ some sort of "reward" act. after. It will make a huge difference in how quick it gets done!

Have a great night V's~ got chix marinating is herbs, lemon and garlic...yummmmm!

BBL

My very best investment in "school suppiles" each year was a new desk calendar, and some home supplies. We bought what was needed at school, but we also bought home supplies--and some of them for fun! We had a small house, so I found a portfolio folder at a yard sale when she was in 2nd grade or so, and we filled it with all her homework supplies, calendar to scribble on etc. She always had paper and pencils, and colored pencils---even though much of it was leftovers from the year before!!! But I give her an empty can to cover with paper and use for her pencils----she would turn our dining room table into an elaborate office, to do her spelling homework!!! But it was well worth it! She did not balk so much at doing it, and it developed great habits! All the way through school, even when she finally did have a room with a desk in it, she would organize herself before ever beginning. And I would lay odds her desk at work is similarly organized!!!!

The reward system worked GREAT for Manda too! I bought one of the cheapo sticker albums and each day that she finished her work, or brought home a good paper---whatever she got to sort through the sticker supply and choose one to add to her book. I bought stickers when I could afford them, and added to the stash. Was not high dollar, but she loved it. She took the sticker book to many a show and tell as well!!

You could also let grandparents etc. know about the stickers or whatever reward you choose. With the Dollar stores around these days it should be easy to come up with a reward plan! I would have loved it......back in the olden days!!!

Most of all, I would not let them see that the amount of homework bothers you, they take a lot of cues from you----if you freak out so will they! Make like it is a normal thing, and make it as stress free to do the work as possible.....and it will end up being easier on all of you.

Rick's kids Mom, suffers from uncontrolled bi polar disorder. She would go off the deep end, and decide they had too much work, and refuse to let them do it! She was banned from a school in San Diego, because she threatened a teacher.....she kept things in a constant uproar with school----was a hard thing to overcome when it come time to do so!

Well I am off to get myself ready to play ball.....or maybe sit on the bench!!! Who knows??????

See y'all after the game!

Kat

TracyK - sliders... small greasy burgers with fried onions and ketcup (now we can have cheese too) ymmmmmmmmm

Pamela - ds is excited to do his homework every day right after school with his sister.... so my training for her will pay off. LOL... the reward is good grades and little extra study time, (she earned that)

Lunassa, nice to see you

i'm off to bed... going to get up and go to the gym again

Suzanne - i'm glad my crazy person who motivated me is helping you too.... happy to help...

I don't know if the scale went down again today but my butt sure is kicked and i'm not eating like a crazy person, i just had 1 slice 2% cheese and 1/4 cup baked beans... and a Protein shke for dinner at 4:30.. had approximately 800 calories today and 50g protein.

we will see

Yummmmm Jenn that sounds so good....fattening, but good!

Pamela-I am crossing my fingers for Dan too. Sadly I think Rennys goin home tomorrow. But Dan deserves to win cause he is playin that game, right?!

Have a great night ladies...